lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: GTK setup trouble
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-27-2003, 04:14 AM   #1
Yun the Sith

GTK setup trouble

I followed the instructions to the best of my abilities, I have extracted the editor and its in the GameData folder, with the Programs folder as well. I've been getting started, and noticed that when I was getting ready to add a NPC, it didn't show up on the enities list. As far as I can tell, NPCs are the only thing missing, as textures and other enity(sp) options are available. Can someone please tell we what could be wrong, or what I need to configure?
Yun the Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2003, 08:41 AM   #2
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Got to file -> Project settings, set it to MP mapping mode, reboot GTK, set it back to SP mapping mode, again reboot GTK and you're ready to map.

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2003, 11:07 PM   #3
Yun the Sith

Thanks a lot, gothicX, that fixed it. Just wondering through, is there any particular reason it does that?
Yun the Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2003, 12:00 AM   #4
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

It's just a bug.

Speaking of bugs, a lot of people complain about bugs, but never bother to report them to the team, where they would be fixed rather quickly. Why is that?

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2003, 12:25 AM   #5
Lil Killa
lunatic

I would report them more often If there bug reporting was easier. Last time i tryed reporting one I couldn't figure everything out. Of course if was4 in the morning and I haden't slept for a day or two...

I think The people who make GTK should add a bug reporting feature that emails a bug report to them when an error occurs like some of the Microsoft products do.

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #6
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Yes, that's true, BugZilla is confusing, but I think they fixed the one on their site? You could also try just posting at the Map-Center forum for GtkRadiant.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > GTK setup trouble