lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with a boss (in JA) *possible spoiler*
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2003, 07:10 PM   #1
icelander
Lurker

Help with a boss *possible spoiler*

since this might be a spoiler Im going to use spoilertag on all of it
spoiler:
well.. I made it this far without having to put a single thing in this forum... but now its time to get help... I cant get rid of Boba Fett!!!
he is driving me crazy with his refilling lifestyle disappear and come back with full health.. damn him

icelander is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Darth Stryke

All I can say is plant the bombs as fast as you can. In case nobody told you, Boba Fett is deadly and is one of the hardest enemies.

"Never argue with a fool, for he could be doing the same."
Darth Stryke is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2003, 07:45 PM   #3
idontlikegeorge

Location: Striking fear into the hearts of Demolicans and Republicrats.
Yeah, use the map in the objectives screen, and ignore Fett and get the bombs planted. Then, when you have to fight him, just make sure to keep facing him, and remember force push is a simple defense against rockets.

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.

Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi. Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?
idontlikegeorge is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2003, 10:58 PM   #4
JediMeister

While I was writing my walkthrough for JA, several people forwarded a very useful tip: use force sense. You can see where all the detonators should be placed, as blue. Just run around with speed and sense on and wait in each room for force to recharge before continuing onto the next one. Generally I push Fett if he's close to me or push his rockets back at him. Are you sure he doesn't take damage? I just waited for a while using my saber to reflect his blaster bolts back at him while I was running between bombs. I had already taken him down to about 25% health by the time I had to go back to the ship and duke it out with him either using the lightsaber or concussion rifle. Two shots later he was toast and I was congratulating myself on a job well done.

"Size matters not."-Yoda

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force"-the Jedi Code
JediMeister is offline   you may:
Old 09-26-2003, 11:08 PM   #5
Agen
The Spoon Guy

Well, as soonm as them ission started i was under the impression i could kill him, so i got him trapped and shot him to death with a combination of lightning. Eventually when he died, he disappeared >
Shocking, had no bother with him afterward though
Agen is offline   you may:
Old 09-27-2003, 02:15 AM   #6
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Plant the bombs all as fast as poss. You'll get your fight, don't worry.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may:
Old 09-27-2003, 06:50 AM   #7
Deastin
Rookie

Just use force speed if he starts shooting rockets at you....otherwise he's easy to avoid.

Founder, Anti-Idgit Squad
"I find your lack of geek knowledge disturbing"
Deastin is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 09:16 AM   #8
icelander
Lurker

thx all!! I couldnt have done it without U guys
icelander is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 09:41 AM   #9
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

When using force sense, the objects highlighted in blue are the things you need to destroy.

And also lets you see where boba fett is.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #10
Leagle eagle

Like his father, he's a "simple man". He's not force sensative. He isn't big and bad with a conc rifle. Fry him. Dice him. He is not much of a threat now that your core powers are at lvl 3. He's just a normal bloke -granted he flys, but he doesn't have a saber. Thus, his only defense in close combat is the flamethrower which you can just step around.

Against:

Blasters. don't just stand there and let him hit you -move! You also carry a lightsaber. It is a powerfull defensive tool. Use it.

Flamethrower. Don't just stand there and let him burn you -waste him and dodge it!

Rockets. They're slow. Move or give them a shove in his direction.

Disruptor... Just move, remember he is still however -perhas you'd like to show him what happens to people who mistake a Jedi for someone who only fights in melee. Whip out a gun a teach him a lesson.

Two pieces of black tarmac walk into a pub.
They sit down, have a couple of drinks,'n chat to the barman a bit.
Suddenly the door swings open and a red piece of tarmac walks in.
The Black tarmacs leg it to the bog, while the red sits down and has a beer. Presently he leaves.
The Black tarmacs creep cautiously back to their place.
The barman asks,"what was all that about then"
Then one piece leans forward and says,"between you and me, that guy's a bit of a psychopath." !
Leagle_eagle@mailcity.com
Leagle eagle is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #11
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Did he have a sniper rifle?

Don't remember him having one.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #12
Damar Stiehl

Boba has a sniper rifle, a rapid-fire laser rifle, thermal detonators, a rocket launcher and that damned BBQ maker...

Force Sense is your friend for finding the weapon caches. An easy anti-Boba trick is to get him to land, run up on him and then hit Speed. He starts flaming, during which time he stands still... either circle and slash him or back away, pull out your biggest gun and hit him so hard he'll forget why he came there.

Our hearts are free from anger,
Our cause we know is just,
Kill not for joy or hatred,
We fight because we must.
Damar Stiehl is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #13
defalc

Who needs that? I just push him/jump on him when he gets close. Didn't have to tangle with him at all until the final encounter, and even then I just gripped him and slashed.

Jedi Frycook
defalc is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 02:05 PM   #14
HertogJan
Beer is good for you!

It must be me, but JA is incredibly easy on every level except Jedi Master (haven't tried that one)... Some fights with bosses etc. are hard, but boba fett for instance, was very very easy...

I use the concussion rifle, rocket launcher etc. to do him some good damage, then use my blaster to make him go away. Then I plant one or two charges. I protect myself using force protect, use speed to run away if I don't want to fight...

The possibilities are ENDLESS!!
spoiler:
But remember to save some ammo (conc. works great) for the final fight where you have to do even more damage to him

HertogJan is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #15
Doug Thompson
Rookie

Somebody should mention that there are some underground rooms near your fighter plane. They are a nice place to run, hide and heal up if you goofed during that final portion when you have to fight him.

Just be sure to jump in and out close to the door rather than run along that narrow, long ramp. You don't want to be trapped in a slot when he fires a missle at you.
Doug Thompson is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 07:34 PM   #16
Leagle eagle

Smile Now you've had all that advice...

Go kick his arse. He's just a big wimp.

Two pieces of black tarmac walk into a pub.
They sit down, have a couple of drinks,'n chat to the barman a bit.
Suddenly the door swings open and a red piece of tarmac walks in.
The Black tarmacs leg it to the bog, while the red sits down and has a beer. Presently he leaves.
The Black tarmacs creep cautiously back to their place.
The barman asks,"what was all that about then"
Then one piece leans forward and says,"between you and me, that guy's a bit of a psychopath." !
Leagle_eagle@mailcity.com
Leagle eagle is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #17
Master William
Addicted to SW:BF 2

Can you even kill Boba? I wonder what happens if you can...

"It's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head!"
Master William is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #18
Rad Blackrose
Banned

Boba is one of those people who has so much health that you can go nuts with Grip 3 if you have it.

Rather then get Pushed/Pulled by a cultist, or have a Stormtrooper die in 5 seconds, you can throw Boba around, slam him into walls. I was looking to be able to do something like that in JO, but it failed.
Rad Blackrose is offline   you may:
Old 09-29-2003, 08:56 PM   #19
Ardent
Rookie

Fett follows a very specific pattern that will, if you're patient, bring him even within sabering range. I beat the game on Jedi Master without using a single gun...Fett definitely took close to 15 minutes to beat, but it was worth it. Beating him with a lightsaber is so much more rewarding than shelling him.

Ardent is offline   you may:
Old 09-30-2003, 02:19 AM   #20
Lime-Light
Umpalumpa

I didn't have any troublewith him at all. I didn't use any guns either. I had max lightning by then so whenever he would fly down to bother my I lightniged his ass, and he would run away.

When I fought him in the end I lightened him with both hands, then when he tried to get out of range I gripped him and threw him to the ground. Then I sabered his ass and he died, took all of 40 seconds. I would say taking on 4 reborns without rage is harder than Boba by far.

YOU ARE DEPRIVING SOME VILLAGE OF ITS IDIOT.
"Theres two ways to go through life. Question nothing, or question everything. Either way, you free yourself from thinking."
Orbiting roughly 92 million away from a yellow sun in the Western Spiral of the galaxy is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. 42.
Lime-Light is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Strategy Shack > Help with a boss (in JA) *possible spoiler*