lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I have looked but cannot find... (kicking player with spaces in name, mod questions)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
Danyael

I have looked but cannot find...

1) How do I kick a player that has spaces in there name?

2) How do I spawn a monster like Rancor where I can jump on him and control him rather than him attack us?

3) Are there any mods out yet like vulcanus type mod?

~Dan~
http://www.erg.dpassino.com
Danyael is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
|GG|Carl
Invisible

1) write the name with ""s around it. (for exmple: kick "boba fett" instead of kick boba fett)

2) /npc spawn vehicle rancor_vehicle
/npc spawn vehicle wampa_vehicle

3) As far as I know, not yet.
|GG|Carl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2003, 03:16 PM   #3
Danyael

Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Carl
1) write the name with ""s around it. (for exmple: kick "boba fett" instead of kick boba fett)

2) /npc spawn vehicle rancor_vehicle
/npc spawn vehicle wampa_vehicle

3) As far as I know, not yet.
thanks dude! appreciate it!

~Dan~
Old 09-29-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
Danyael

that /kick "luke skywalker" command does not work. with and without quotes I cannot kick anyone with spaces in their names. any clue?

~Dan~
Old 09-29-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Use /rcon status to get the list of players. Each player will have a ClientID between 0 and one less than the maximum number of players. Then use /rcon clientkick n where n is the ClientID of the player you want to leave. Just don't be suprised when they come right back less than a minute after you kick them. Using ClientID and clientkick avoids not only the problem of spaces in the names, but also long and complicated names, blank names, duplicate names (like 3 Padawans on the server), punks changing their name to "all" so everyone gets kicked if you kick them, changing their name to your name so you kick yourself, etc. etc. all the stupid tricks that punks do. But if you want the kick to stick, use /rcon status to get their ClientID and IP address (a.b.c.d), do /rcon addip a.b.c.d to ban them first, then /rcon clientkick n to kick them. Then they won't come back right away. You can always /rcon removeip a.b.c.d later if you don't want the ban to be permanent.

Last edited by Amidala from Chop Shop; 09-29-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2003, 08:01 PM   #6
Danyael

THANKS!

~Dan~
Old 09-30-2003, 02:44 AM   #7
DungeonShade
Rookie

I wonder why the quotes don't work though. They fixed it so they would a lonnngggg time ago - at least by EliteForce which used the Quake3 engine before JO was out. Oh well, clientkick is faster - and funny too if you can trick the person into thinking that if they change their name fast enough they won't get kicked.

www.bobandgeorge.com
DungeonShade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Dedicated Server > I have looked but cannot find... (kicking player with spaces in name, mod questions)