lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Windows XP Problem--help!
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
batman55
Lurker

Windows XP Problem--help!

Hi,

I just installed GF, and I have a very up to date computer with Windows XP and Direct X9 installed.

With 16-bit graphics mode on, 3D acceleration off, I still notice problems with the game. The intro ran fine but when you get to the office, if you press F1 for the options screen, half the time all sound and music is gone for the remainder of the time GF is open.

I did analyze the computer and there were flags all over the place and missing files. I took a suggestion to put the game in Win95 compatibility mode, and though the game now runs fine, the cutscenes are extremely choppy and thusly unwatchable.

How does Win95 compatibility mode affect the game's performance? But besides that, what can I do to play this game on XP? Please respond--i'd appreciate it. You can email me at: nvoid3@hotmail.com
batman55 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Windows XP Problem--help!