lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Sith
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-16-2003, 04:31 PM   #41
ninja

they are working with lucas films. so if they are working with them then that means ideas are being shared?

just in case if some of you are new here, and are wondering who is the new sith. as for now nobody really knows. my first post was on a rumor i heard of patrick stewart from star trek might show up as ol' ben did to luke. but only to a sith. found here http://www.darkworlds.com/ls/art_8523.html

and this new stuff i found that leads me to believe what i have found recently to be very likely to happen. just in case you dont wanna go back and seach heres what i wrote.
POSSIBLE SPOILER!!! a new bounty hunter might be in the next movie. he's part of the clone wars saga. for now he is in the comic books, toys, and up comming animated shorts on cartoon network comming sometime soon. i see this new cartoon series as a whole big spoiler. here is some pics and stuff. you were warned! and you can follow the links to find out more on this stuff. http://www.starwars.com/collecting/n...s20030311.html

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003...s20030220.html

"oh and the new sith will be here another spoiler! http://www.geocities.com/kwenn7/ventress.html

(quated by CoupeS)
(The new bad guy we now all know will be in ep3 will NOT be a sith, I repeat, he will NOT be a sith nor will he be a jedi traitor. He WILL however weild two lightsabers at the same time at one point.

So who do you think could be this new bad guy...)

that statement made me believe that whats going to be in the little 3 minute episodes is going to be in the movies. only his info was a little bit wrong. it sounds only logicle the way the story goes.

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html

Last edited by ninja; 09-16-2003 at 09:12 PM.
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2003, 03:39 AM   #42
Jedi_Monk

I think Rick McCallum said that Durge and Ventress will not be in SW3. He confirmed that there will be an EU character (or at least a character who has only ever appeared in the EU before), but it won't be either of those two.

Nice trivia: Ventress' design was lifted straight out of Episode II's concept art.

Jedi_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2003, 03:47 AM   #43
ninja

i guess we'll have to see what really happens. thats the most tiresom thing though lol.

if lucas decides not to tell that part of the story i think it would be sad. i like the ideas that are going to the mini series. its like why tease us and not do the story. i mean it would just seem so incomplete to me.

thread for model ideas, you might find great ideas. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83939

all S-wars comic character gallery http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html

Last edited by ninja; 09-17-2003 at 04:22 AM.
ninja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2003, 03:54 AM   #44
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
I just re-read the news about the new 'bad guy' on TF.N and it clearly sais : 'He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat.'

So this means he'll probably weild more than 2...

man if this really happens I can't wait to see how they pull it off cause it would be pretty easy to blow. They shouldn't try ro go too flashy, just o get flashy... if you know what I mean.
coupes. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2003, 02:32 PM   #45
StaffMaster
Rookie

wasnt there a picture of Chris Walken somewhere as a Sith Lord?

It is useless to resist
StaffMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2003, 02:39 PM   #46
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk
He confirmed that there will be an EU character (or at least a character who has only ever appeared in the EU before)
i know im getting hyped up for a probable letdown but i am sooooooo hoping that this will be thrawn.

imo he was the best character (next to vader) to ever grace starwars. and yeah lucas probably wont want to use thrawn but i can still hope.

hey who knows, maybe if they really do use thrawn then that could set the stage for ep 7-9 (yeah i know, we've read many times that there wont be a 7-9 but it wouldnt be the first time lucas went back on what he said).

ok ive had my wishful thinking moment, go on and destroy my hopes now.

The shroud of the dark emperor Divine Spirit has fallen.

*~*Master in the Sith Academy*~*

walk into the light and you are blinded.

walk away from the light and your path is illuminated.

I answer the call of frostmourne alone.

it hungers.
Darth Talliusc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2003, 03:17 PM   #47
Pedro The Hutt
Jedi Knight

Thrawn would rock, or Jorus C'boath (not the insane clone Joruus lol)

And about Patrick Steward , naw, for one Palpatine doesn't seem like the kind of character that needs advice, he's more than cunning enough on his own.
And several other sources indicate that it's nigh on impossible to re-appear in "spirit" form after dying past a certain amount of time. Ofcourse I'll get "EU is not Canon" flung at me, but oh well XD
Pedro The Hutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2003, 06:27 PM   #48
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
I've read that the new bad guy, would in fact be the leadear of the droid army, a real jedi killer, not 100% droid though...
coupes. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2003, 10:44 PM   #49
Jedi_Monk

The EU character will probaby be someone like Quinlan Voss, Aayla Sacura's Jedi Master. I'd bet money on Thrawn not appearing in Episode III. And if Lucas made Episode VII-IX, he would make his version of events--not Zahn's.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:09 AM   #50
Darth Talliusc
High King of Lordaeron

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Thrawn would rock, or Jorus C'boath (not the insane clone Joruus lol)

And about Patrick Steward , naw, for one Palpatine doesn't seem like the kind of character that needs advice, he's more than cunning enough on his own.
And several other sources indicate that it's nigh on impossible to re-appear in "spirit" form after dying past a certain amount of time. Ofcourse I'll get "EU is not Canon" flung at me, but oh well XD
im trying to remember the name of that guy in the eu that was killed by thrawn in the unknown regions. palpatines advisor who was replaced by thrawn/vader/mara jade. if GL decided to use the storyline thats been in place thus far in the eu then i think stewart could pull off that character.

and jedi_monk it seems were always at odds. well im not going to argue that GL would do what he wanted to. but i dont think that you can tell us with any authority that GL's and Zahn's views differ. werent zahns books the first ones to be authorized by GL to use the starwars logo and be published? if so then that would lead us to believe that GL liked the zahn view enough to associate with it.

the EU and canon are not as seperate as people like you would hope. GL has given them the opportunity to take his characters and plots and expand on them. but its not a one way street. EU stuff effects the movies (well the prequels anyways).

i dont think GL could hope for a better way to do 7/8/9 then with zahns stories. but thats just my opinion.

in all likelihood we will never see 7/8/9 put to film so this arguement is moot, but if GL could do them then nobody would be happy. the diehards among us (myself included) would never except anyone but harrison ford as han solo or carrie fisher as princess leia.

i wish in all honesty that nobody had ever coined the phrase "expanded universe" so that people wouldnt automatically believe there is some border seperating it from the movies.

The shroud of the dark emperor Divine Spirit has fallen.

*~*Master in the Sith Academy*~*

walk into the light and you are blinded.

walk away from the light and your path is illuminated.

I answer the call of frostmourne alone.

it hungers.
Darth Talliusc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2003, 06:40 PM   #51
StaffMaster
Rookie

well from what I hear 7-9 will most definitely be made.

But it will happen well into the next decade.

It is useless to resist
StaffMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2003, 10:39 PM   #52
Jedi_Monk

Quote:
werent zahns books the first ones to be authorized by GL to use the starwars logo and be published? if so then that would lead us to believe that GL liked the zahn view enough to associate with it.
First of all, Zahn was not the first author licensed to write official Star Wars novels. Both Alan Dean Foster (Splinter of the Mind's Eye) and Tim Daily (two trilogies about Han Solo and Lando Calrissian) wrote Star Wars novels before Zahn. Zahn's case was unique only because he was the first person given license to place his events after Jedi.

From what I can tell, Zahn was licensed on the grounds that he was an award-winning sci-fi author (which seems to have been the only prerequisite for writing a Star Wars novel). He didn't submit a draft or a plot or anything before he was hired, so the grounds for his hiring were not that Lucas "liked Zahn's view." In addition, Zahn was given strict orders to avoid talking about the period of time surrounding the clone wars because Lucas hadn't yet decided against making the Prequels (though he seemed to have ruled out sequels at this point).

Quote:
GL has given them the opportunity to take his characters and plots and expand on them. but its not a one way street. EU stuff effects the movies (well the prequels anyways).
Marvel gave 20th Century Fox license to produce Spiderman and X-Men movies. In the Spiderman movie, for instance, part of Peter Parker's mutation was that he developed the power to shoot webs from his wrists. In the comic book, Peter Parker had to design mechanical "web shooters." Just because it's in the movie, does that automatically change the continuity of its source material, the comic? Of course not.

Another example: Michael Crichton sold the license to produce a Jurassic Park movie based on his book. He even wrote the screen play. However, in the movie, John Hammond lives, whereas in the book he died. When Crichton wrote his sequel to Jurassic Park, The Lost World, did he awknowledge the movie, or his prior publication? Of course, he awknowledged his previous book and wrote John Hammond as dead. When he wrote the script for the movie version of The Lost World, he, of course, referred to the continuity of the previous movie and wrote Hammond as living.

Just because the source material of Star Wars books is a series of movies, does that mean that there should be perfect continuity between those movies and the books licensed? In both the cases of Spiderman and the Jurassic Park films, there is a distinct difference in continuity between the movies and their source material (comic books and a series of novels). The source material and the movies inhabit two different universes.

Authors sell the licenses to their products; they don't sell their artistic vision. Just as the continuity of the Spiderman and Jurassic Park movies doesn't affect the continuity of their source material, the EU continuity doesn't necessarily affect the movie continuity. There is some crossover (2x lightsabers, Coruscant and Aalya Sacura, for example, and the 2x lightsaber and Aalya Sacura weren't included because of any conscious effort to integrate EU and movie, but because Lucas thought that a double-lightsaber and a twi'lek Jedi were cool ideas), but for the most part Lucas ignores the EU.

Quote:
i dont think GL could hope for a better way to do 7/8/9 then with zahns stories. but thats just my opinion.
A storyline completely devoid of any trace of the monomyth? Completely devoid of any trace of the fantasy sensibilities that are so vital to the movie franchise? No, Lucas could do much better than Zahn's trilogy.

Quote:
i wish in all honesty that nobody had ever coined the phrase "expanded universe" so that people wouldnt automatically believe there is some border seperating it from the movies.
All you need to do is read Zahn's trilogy (focussing on the parts about the clone wars) and then watch Attack of the Clones to see that there is that border seperating the books from the movies.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > New Sith