lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bounty Hunter Defense Skills
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #1
danyol
Lurker

Bounty Hunter Defense Skills

Are there any plans to add some defensive skills for Bounty Hunters? After having to master Scout and Marksman, there just aren't enough skill points to invest in skills such as melee defense (Pistoleer) or feign death (Smuggler). Master Bounty Hunters with basic medic skills have no option of using pets to tank and are forced to go toe-to-toe with human marks who are better armed and have un-human HAM levels. There should be some tricks that Bounty Hunters could use to defend themselves in a firefight.
danyol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 12:32 PM   #2
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Current Game: ToR beta & Kotor
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
As a 2.4.4.4 bh I could not agree more. We have great offensive skills and I'd just like to see some improvment on the defensive side of things. Oh I would love more defense vs melee.....

Taos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
-=ReApEr=-

We sacrifice our defense for offense. Sorry, but it won't be happening for a while
-=ReApEr=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2003, 08:24 PM   #4
Randon_Star
Rookie

bh and commando are the ultimite offensive professions what the heck would we need more?

i quit bh for that same reason im now persuing pistoleer and something else gavnt figured that out though
Randon_Star is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2003, 08:09 PM   #5
GSR_Yoda
Rookie

Location: Traveling from the middle of nowhere in Iowa to the edge of nowhere in Iowa
if BH were given more defenses they would be unstopable

Sometimes they really are out to get you
GSR_Yoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2003, 03:33 PM   #6
impala
Rookie

So you want some defense. Is supression fire, warning, and threaten not working for you? It works fine for me.
impala is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2003, 06:46 AM   #7
[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
Schism

I would have agreed when I was a BH, but now I do not. Like Reaper said, BH gain huge advantages in offense. The LLC and Pistol tree are extremely powerful compared to other classes.

Now after becoming a Teras Kasi Artist I can see how easy it was as a BH. Brawlers can be standing on top of a knocked down opponent and still be out of range, lol. If you're looking for better defense, less skill points used, and a powerful weapon then do what the other half of the populous does and go Commando 0-0-4-0 (flamethrower). Let's face it, flamethrower is ALL that a commando uses and with only having to master marksman and unarmed that allows you to do a lot more.

This is not a custom sig.
[RAA]-=Chi3f=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > SWGalaxies.net > Star Wars Galaxies discussion > Development Forum > Bounty Hunter Defense Skills