lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: pros and cons of joining a clan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
General Nitro

pros and cons of joining a clan

im still debating on if joining a clan is a good idea or not. what do yall think? what are the pros and cons?

Dark Lords of the Sith
DLS_DarthNitro
http://sith-happens.tripod.com
General Nitro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
saberhagen

It depends on the clan really, because they're all different.

You need to consider things like: do they play the kind of game you're interested in? Are they the right level for you? Will they help you improve your game? Do you like the people in the clan?
saberhagen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2003, 01:51 AM   #3
Connemara2100

I personally have always remained independant, but I think clans can be fun. It is *very* important you like the people in the clan, as they will become your gaming family. But some clans have some wonderful people in them (or at least did when I was still in the thick of the gaming world).

Pros- Meet other gamers, play with them, develop good cameraderie with your clan, etc

Cons- Some of your freedom in who you play with is taken away

I guess that's about it.

Always in motion, the future is
Connemara2100 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #4
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
I don't think freedom is taken away. Although certain clans are composed of arses and s.o.bs so that's the real thing you have to think about.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 02:35 AM   #5
Connemara2100

Agreed. Choose wisely.

Always in motion, the future is
Connemara2100 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 09:29 AM   #6
Frozted_MM's
Rookie

Its ok most of the asses and sobs are solo themselves cause no clan wants them or have had them and booted them. If your into scenarios dont join a rm clan if your into rm dont join a scenario clan.

Template Flamer and extremely Proud!!!

Disagree and I'm not responsible on the emotional wounds that will haunt you for life.
Frozted_MM's is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #7
Sithmaster_821
Ensemble Fanboy

Yeah, you definitely need to make sure that you like the people in the clan (KNOW THEM AHEAD OF TIME!!), and any benfits you get from joining the clan are larger than the loss of freedoms that it entails

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."-Albert Einstein
Sithmaster_821 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #8
DK_Viceroy
Viceroy of the Truist Way

You should also check about clan structure is it :-

Democratic Like DK many clans like this are unstable but have no freedoms lost and usually play all types of games Clans like this that still survive DK: 2 years, IDF(GIF Remanent)1 year 11 months AK 6 Months

Dictatorship A Clan ruled by one leader that has excellent stabilty but is prone to rebellions usually play only one game type but have excellent co-operation skills Clans like this are Slayer 2 Years XgodX 1 year Shadows 1 year and a half

Confederation A looslely Aligned Clan focused on a single goal that they work towards that changes regularly and is ruled by a council Clans like this are ZLF{Zone Liberation Front} BU {Bycotters Union} EW {Elite Warriors}

as you can tell certain clan structurs are more effective than others and clan structurs also change depending if there is a state of war though this may only be from my experience during DK's 2 year war with our nemsis PC through which at times when PC regroups we acceleartae training programs and introduce the 1 RM a day rule to keep skills sharp

I AM the prophet of the truth the protector of Star Wars Truism

Star Wars Truism by it's very nature is eternal and will outlive Star Wars Purism

Everything I say is a lie for the Truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it

Do you have any last words?

DK_Viceroy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > pros and cons of joining a clan