lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The PC version is here. What about mods?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-30-2003, 04:44 AM   #41
tuskenguy
Rookie

Well..first off I just beat the game and decided i would start posting on some KotOR boards..hi (hehe)

Anyway...What I would really love to do with this game is add saber colors...I've always wanted to see a white saber blade..maybe a black saber? multi colored? It might be a while before we can figure out how to do this but if anyone does figure it out please post it..be really cool.
tuskenguy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 12:38 PM   #42
Tom316
Lurker

While I havent looked at the files my self (I'll do that when I get some free time to) Some things you guys may look at is that the texture files might have two images overlayed instead of just one image. Seeing as how alot of KOTOR textures seem to have a Bump map to them to give them there glossy and bumpy feel (or does it just appear to look that way?) If thats the case then it would be safe to assume that with each texture you might find some kind of bump map or shadeing map along with it.

With any luck we will figure it out. Allmost anything can be edited. Ultima Online is proof that with work any file format can be cracked and edited.
Tom316 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2003, 05:11 PM   #43
Lil' Jawa
Rookie

Rad game tools are pretty standard for game movies and sound but I don't know if they use it for textures and models, it sems more likely they use their own format. Anyone know what thye used for nwn because maybe it is something similar?

Fer all your KOTOR modding needs:
http://www.sith-res.tk

..Press any key to continue..
Lil' Jawa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2003, 10:03 PM   #44
mincetro
Lurker

Location: in a pool of frickin sharks with frickin laser beams on their frickin heads.
biff

I was searching the net and found that the biffv1 files are from Baulders Gate, a thing from the site:
Quote:
BIFFV1
One of the primary file formats are that of BIFFV1 (extension .bif). These files are resource-files of the type that became popular with the .WAD files of Doom et al, in other words, the act as a container for other (much smaller) resources. It is obvious that the bif-files of BG are to remain static and that they will not be affected by patches. For one thing, they mostly remain on your CD :-), but I was thinking more on their structure; having the catalog at the top of the file, something which is a really bad idea if you want to add entries. Instead there's an override directory which when a resource is sought will get searched first, only if the resource is not found there the game will reach for the bif-file.

One common BIFF is the AREAxxxx.BIF. These files contain the basic information about an area, three smaller BMP images of which is probably used for the sound-system (very smooth but crude approximation of the area layout), one is used as a map over where you can walk (looks hand drawn) and the last one.. well, we don't know. You will also find a couple of other chunks, and at the very end, all the graphics for the map as seen by the player (we've got some info on the format of that, stay tuned).

What BIFF stands for? If it is an acronym, it could stand for Baldurīs Gate Interchangable File Format

This is what we know about these files.
The site can be found http://gazonk.org/~eloj/gamehack/baldur-old.html]here[/URL]
There is a newer site for it aswell

I liek frickin sharks with frickin laser beams on their frickin heads.
mincetro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #45
Den Baster
Rookie

sounds good....

New global mod for SW:KOTOR
http://www.fieldglory.narod.ru/
Den Baster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > The PC version is here. What about mods?