lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hitting back
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #1
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

Hitting back

Ok, so for some reason, over the past week, my computer has been infested with the most offensive browser hijacker I have ever seen.

Essentially, it changes my homepage. It locks my homepage onto their website. Then, it grabs any website I type into the toolbar and redirects me to their website. Essentially, unless I use my favorites bar, I am stuck going to their website and only theirs.

I fix the problem using Spybot S&D, but it comes back. I've done virus checks, and it does nothing. Through Spybot S&D, I was able to see that they changed my registry! They changed it! Without my permission! I tried adjusting it back to default settings, but it keeps changing.

I now want to contact these people directly. I am tired of having to run Spybot every other time I sit at my computer. There is a small "uninstaller" on their site, but it doesn't work.

The website is www.smart-finder.biz. If anyone knows of any way to contact them, or has heard about them before, please reply or PM me. If this disgusting and invasive software continues to infiltrate my computer, I do intend on bringing legal action.

"Not all one pleads can be granted. But a good hearing soothes the heart." -The Instruction of Ptah-hotep.

"So here I go, it's my shot. Feet fail me not. This may be the only opportunity that I got..." -Eminem
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Hitting back