lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Anyone have a GFF XML or ascii import/export tool?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-09-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
andargor
Rookie

Anyone have a GFF XML or ascii import/export tool?

I've tried using asc2itp and itp2asc, and in general they seem to work fine, except with CExoLocStrings.

I have the sources and could probably hack something together, but does anyone have this kind of tool handy?

I'm looking for something I can run batch scripts on (I use Perl on the ASCII exported format). That's what I did for the items in the Emporium, but now I need CExoLocString import from ascii support.

Andargor
andargor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 04:43 AM   #2
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
You can use the GFF Editor from Bioware, but this version

Modfied GFF Editor

from Roboius was "fixed" so it won't filter out files that are (internally) really GFF files from the Open File dialog.

It has an ASCII export function.

If you use the latest version of my Kotor Tool with the GFF Editor in the same folder, it will launch it when you double-click on a file that is in the GFF format.

You can download it at:
http://home.comcast.net/~armada/kotor_tool.zip

The next version will include some other files types that I did not recognize as GFF-based when the above release was coded.

Fred
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
CDRSeadog
Rookie

GFF Editor/ASCII Utility

Hmmm - have you tried TuCows??? They always seem to have a very large variety of software - both freebies...shareware...adware...demo...and pricey stuff - but it may be well worth your while to check it out.

The URL is: www.tucows.com/
CDRSeadog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Anyone have a GFF XML or ascii import/export tool?