lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: -=Official Led Zeppelin Thread=-
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
-=Official Led Zeppelin Thread=-

This is the official LucasForums Led Zeppelin thread.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on them. They are my favorite band. In the mail today, arrived their Boxed set #2. (I still have yet to recieve Boxed Set #1) Some (or should I say almost all) of the songs on these CD's (2 CD's total) are the more "unpopular" songs, since these are the songs that weren't included in the 1st boxed Set. 32 songs, one which was previously unreleased. The song's title is Baby Come on Home. Its a really good bluesy type song which makes you wanna sing along!

I wanna hear what you heard of them and what your favorites are. My favorites are:
The Lemon Song
Baby Come on Home
Night Flight
Good Times Bad Times
Battle of Evermore
Black Dog
Rock and Roll
Stairway to Heaven
Whole Lotta Love
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
The Ocean

and OH SO MUCH MORE. I personally think all of their songs are great, but I just wanted to name a few...





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 01:18 AM   #2
Miko Reglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 768
haha awsome man!

Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands as well...and being only 15 (almost 16 in two weeks) a lot of people think its crazy that i do!

anyway some of my favs are:

Heartbreaker/Livin Lovin Maid
Trampled Underfoot
Over the Hills and Far Away
Black Dog (I know how to play this one on Bass!)
Stairway to Heaven (who doesnt like it?)
Dazed and Confused
What Is and What Should Never Be
Moby Dick
Whole Lotta Love
Rock and Roll
The Ocean
Achilles Last Stand
Houses of the Holy
Kashmir
All My Love


yeah obviously i have a lot of favorite Zeppelin songs...lol

btw, How the West Was Won is awsome! great live cd...



Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 01:33 AM   #3
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Yeah, Im gonna ask for it for my birthday, along with the live DVD. It would be SOOOO AWESOME!!!!





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 01:40 AM   #4
RoxStar
Moderator
 
RoxStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,412
Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I've only heard stairway to heaven and the immigrant song.

Sorry

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 01:51 AM   #5
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by RoxStar
I've only heard stairway to heaven and the immigrant song.

Sorry
No reason to be sorry! Just listen to some more of their songs, and you will be pleased!!!





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 02:00 AM   #6
gorganfloss
Junior Member
 
gorganfloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Here
Posts: 482
Stairway to Heaven.

That's all I gotta say.


Taken down with hearts alive.
gorganfloss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 02:02 AM   #7
obi
LFN Staff Emeritus
 
obi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Augusta GA
Posts: 6,893
Current Game: Game of life, yo
I like their Lord of the Rings songs





Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?-Matthew 7:3-5
Living Water Revival

Me on Myspace

obi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 02:25 AM   #8
RoxStar
Moderator
 
RoxStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,412
Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 


Would you look at that...

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 03:24 AM   #9
Father Torque
Retro KFC
 
Father Torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mercer Island,WA
Posts: 1,341
Hot Topic Starter 
Thank you Acrylic , Led Zeppelin is one of my al time favorite bands. Jimmy Paige and Robert Plant rock

My favorites are:


Achilles Last Stand
All My Love
Babe Im Gonna Leave You
Black Dog
Black Mountain Side
Bring It Home
Fool In The Rain
Going To California
Good Times Bad Times
Hey Hey
Hot Dog
Houses Of The Holy
Im Gonna Crawl
Immigrant Song
Jennings Farm Blues-Song isnt great, but my last name is Jennings
Kashmir
Living Loving Maid
Moby Dick
Over The Hills & Far Away
Rain Song
Ramble On
Rock And Roll
Since Ive Been Loving You
Stairway To Heaven
Tangerine
The Lemon Song
The Song Remains The Same
Trampled Underfoot
Traveling Riverside Blues
Wah Wah Song
Whole Lotta Love

Ya, i got more, gotta reasearch my cd's. I have lots ans lots of favorites. .

Father Torque is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 09:22 AM   #10
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
My thoughts on them: They suck. Big time.


CapNColostomy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #11
The Count
Banned
 
The Count's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manchester University and London United Kingdom.
Posts: 1,061
Absolutely love them.
The Count is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #12
Alegis
In hiding
 
Alegis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3,880
LFN Staff Member 
Love em, my favs are Immigrant Song and Kashmir
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #13
txa1265
Father Jedi
 
txa1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marlborough, MA, USA
Posts: 3,199
Forum Veteran 
Do they still play Stairway to Heaven at school dances? I remember swaying like an idiot in a room full of sweaty 9th graders during the fast section of that song, with Plant screeching and Page wailing ... but then, that was 1982 ...

They were never one of my fave rock bands, they were fairly solid, but didn't have anything that sparked for me ... but then I was already on my path towards fusion and avante-garde jazz ... besides, back then most of the people who were into them were spacer pot-heads "dude, floyd, sabbath, zepplin ..."

A question - if they were already 'classic rock' in 1982 (actually, the term hadn't been coined yet), what are they now? Given that their music now is about the same vintage as Rosemary Clooney and Doris Day were for me in high school ... have they started calling it oldies yet? Or does that offend the middle-aged radio managers too much

Mike


Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #14
Miko Reglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 768
unfortunately i havent heard stairway to heaven at any of my dances, although i did hear you shook me all night long at the last one

and about the classic rock thing...well...the radio station that plays em a lot has the phrase "Classic rock that rocks" so eh, i guess their Classic Rock still...



Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 12:39 AM   #15
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by txa1265
Do they still play Stairway to Heaven at school dances? I remember swaying like an idiot in a room full of sweaty 9th graders during the fast section of that song, with Plant screeching and Page wailing ... but then, that was 1982 ...

They were never one of my fave rock bands, they were fairly solid, but didn't have anything that sparked for me ... but then I was already on my path towards fusion and avante-garde jazz ... besides, back then most of the people who were into them were spacer pot-heads "dude, floyd, sabbath, zepplin ..."

A question - if they were already 'classic rock' in 1982 (actually, the term hadn't been coined yet), what are they now? Given that their music now is about the same vintage as Rosemary Clooney and Doris Day were for me in high school ... have they started calling it oldies yet? Or does that offend the middle-aged radio managers too much

Mike
Well, they split up in 1980 because their drummer died. They started as a band in 1968 and had their first album out in 1969, so they ARE classic rock, but not at the 1982 era. They did release an album in '82, bt it was a bunch of leftover songs...





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 02:21 AM   #16
Miko Reglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 768
CODA was the name of the album if i am correct

and poor John Bonham...

I think Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Paige should all go on a small tour or something with John's son on drums...but like Robert's voice is pretty much gone now and stuff...oh well...

sometimes i wish i was born in a different time period



Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 02:29 AM   #17
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by Zaknafein
CODA was the name of the album if i am correct

and poor John Bonham...

I think Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jimmy Paige should all go on a small tour or something with John's son on drums...but like Robert's voice is pretty much gone now and stuff...oh well...

sometimes i wish i was born in a different time period
lol, same here.

I think John Paul Jones is one of the most underrated musicians of all time. He can play like over 10 instruments. And thats AMAZING.





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 09:15 AM   #18
XERXES
werd
 
XERXES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 3,732
Quote:
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I like their Lord of the Rings songs

master of the obvious.


I'll have to go with

Battle of Evermore

and

Achilles Last Stand

possibly

What is and what should never be


like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 09:46 AM   #19
txa1265
Father Jedi
 
txa1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marlborough, MA, USA
Posts: 3,199
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Acrylic
Well, they split up in 1980 because their drummer died. They started as a band in 1968 and had their first album out in 1969, so they ARE classic rock, but not at the 1982 era. They did release an album in '82, bt it was a bunch of leftover songs...
Oh, I'm familiar with their history ... it is just that in ~82 they were already part of the dinosaur rock era, later called classic rock. They were still on the radio - and their pre-Coda album got some pop radio airplay. I am just saying that the time between their heyday (early 70's) and now is 30 years ... and for me, as a teenager in ~82, that would equate with music from the early 50's - the pre-rock era. It is just interesting, that's all.

Mike


Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #20
|GG|Carl
Invisible
 
|GG|Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,175
Led zeppelin is ok, deep purple is better.

However, I guess stairway to heaven is pretty good.
|GG|Carl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #21
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by |GG|Carl
Led zeppelin is ok, deep purple is better.

However, I guess stairway to heaven is pretty good.
No, its DAMN good.





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 10:50 PM   #22
Miko Reglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 768
yeah deep purple and led zeppelin are both very good bands, however it just seems like "smoke on the water" is their only really good song to my ears

however, although led zeppelin to me is very good, pink floyd in my eyes is a bit better...

i mean, they have two of the top selling records of all time, dark side of the moon and the wall, thats at least gotta say something about them



Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 11:14 PM   #23
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
But Led Zeppelin is one of the four best selling (album wise) bands in America. (As seen on "Greed", a gameshow)





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 11:16 PM   #24
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Which Led Zeppelin Song are you?

Which Led Zeppelin Song are You?


You're Stairway to Heaven! You must ****ing own. People love to be around you, because you're so interesting and mysterious, and make people feel like there's a point to their existence after all. You're intelligent, popular, and very talented. I envy you, dude!





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #25
Jed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow

Which Song are You?

MERGED WITH OTHER LED ZEPPELIN THREAD YOU CREATED

Sorry, but I mean...it's redundant...you even called the other thread the "official Led Zeppelin" thread :\
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2004, 11:25 PM   #26
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by Jed
Which Song are You?

MERGED WITH OTHER LED ZEPPELIN THREAD YOU CREATED

Sorry, but I mean...it's redundant...you even called the other thread the "official Led Zeppelin" thread :\
I wish you'd unmerge it. I made this for Led Zep discussion, and the quiz for the quiz. I dont want it getting mixed up.





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2004, 01:11 AM   #27
Datheus
Whosawhatnow?
 
Datheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Adrift
Posts: 1,425
You can't exactly get it mixed up. They're... both about Led Zeppelin. Only a fool would get mixed up.

Led Zeppelin was pretty cool. I have a couple of songs and some orcestra covers of thieir songs. But I prefer Pink Floyd over Led Zeppelin.
Datheus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #28
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title
 
CapNColostomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Across your face.
Posts: 2,497
I hate Led Zeppelin, but I thought I'd mention a band I like that loves them. Their new album is named after a line in "Stairway". Down 2- Bustle In Your Hedgerow? Anybody into that?


CapNColostomy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2004, 09:45 AM   #29
XERXES
werd
 
XERXES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 3,732
Quote:
Originally posted by Acrylic
No, its DAMN good.
yes it is.

Its probably the most overplayed song in recent music history too...although im sure newer songs have the advantage of MTV and VH1.


oh I was this song.



who could have possibly guessed...


btw its kinda immature to go posting in here "I hate them die!" heh, im surprised ppl havent been flaming. Maybe its cause groovy is on the prowl.

Somebody mentioned Pink Floyd...they both have their ups n downs...I love them both equally. Led Zeppelin is more of an upbeat party band when you dance to the songs and sing the lyrics and stuff while Pink Floyd is like readig poetry...you lay back relax listen to the songs very closely because their so musically and lyrically complex.


like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2004, 11:02 PM   #30
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by XERXES
yes it is.

Its probably the most overplayed song in recent music history too...although im sure newer songs have the advantage of MTV and VH1.


oh I was this song.



who could have possibly guessed...


btw its kinda immature to go posting in here "I hate them die!" heh, im surprised ppl havent been flaming. Maybe its cause groovy is on the prowl.

Somebody mentioned Pink Floyd...they both have their ups n downs...I love them both equally. Led Zeppelin is more of an upbeat party band when you dance to the songs and sing the lyrics and stuff while Pink Floyd is like readig poetry...you lay back relax listen to the songs very closely because their so musically and lyrically complex.
To me...Pink Floyd is relaxing..but...Led Zeppelin is the best band ever.

And, Whole Lotta Love is a great song, but I hate it once he starts making noises and stuff.





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #31
Miko Reglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 768
haha whole lotta love does get weird at that part huh!

anyway i took the test, i got stairway to heaven too...

and i mean pink floyd isnt all relaxing all the time, pop in "Animals" an see for yourself



Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2004, 06:20 AM   #32
XERXES
werd
 
XERXES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 3,732
Quote:
Originally posted by Zaknafein
haha whole lotta love does get weird at that part huh!

anyway i took the test, i got stairway to heaven too...

and i mean pink floyd isnt all relaxing all the time, pop in "Animals" an see for yourself
Animals...I cant listen to that...too freaky. I wish I never ruined that CD with tabs.


hey now, I'm making a Pink Floyd thread



Whole Lotta Love hehe....I love that one, espically when he starts being weird.


like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #33
Acrylic
...
 
Acrylic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,931
Quote:
Originally posted by XERXES
Whole Lotta Love hehe....I love that one, espically when he starts being weird.
Are you kidding me? Some kids put it in the English Teacher's stereo ( some days he lets us), and well, Plant started singing the weird stuff, and the teacher almost turned it off because she was thinking that he was.....ya know...





...
Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2004, 10:06 PM   #34
Miko Reglia
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Posts: 768
lol yeah i get ya



Jedi Knight of "The Jedi Order"
Miko Reglia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > -=Official Led Zeppelin Thread=-

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.