lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: False Advertising
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-30-2004, 11:20 AM   #41
XERXES
werd

heh...

I rented 2 DVDs a month ago.

Turned them in ON TIME (well 10 min before the cut-off but its still on time)

2 Weeks later I get a mail saying I owe like 3.50 $ in late fees for the two DVDs.

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2004, 12:04 AM   #42
Joe©

block buster always seems to think your a **** and have no clue whats going on
Joe© is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2004, 12:26 AM   #43
Father Torque
Retro KFC

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by STTCT
OH GAWD BK

That is by far the worst....that stupid...what is it called BK Big Burger looks more like a Mikey D's kiddie meal burger...jammed with a bunch of mannoise...if that really is what it is. The BK fries are NASTY.
Haha so true

I think the worst out of all are battery companies. They say the batteries last for a long time, but they last for like 5 hours and their gone, when they really could go on so much longer. Same with ligh bulb companies, they could make life long bulbs but they are so money hungry they make you buy one every year, its madness.

Also, chip comapnies drive me crazy, they fill half the bag. And they charge 2 bucks more for the extra air it takes to fill in the bag. Seriously, its retarted, i aint payin 5 bucks for air.

Father Torque is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 12:40 AM   #44
Mike Windu
Je suis l'agent du chaos.

but it's compressed and factory made air ... therefore worth your 3 dollars

Yeah I don't like fast food all that much except for Subway, they know what they are doing...

Burger King isnt that bad in my opinion I like the smokey stuff, but now that I know it's chemicals I don't like it... rather go with mickey's greasy stuff than dried chemical burgers

That's the last time I buy anything just because it's furry!

Mike Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 01:59 AM   #45
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Pfft, false advertising? 'Tiss been going on for years, it's called infomercials.
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 05:48 AM   #46
Weapon X

I now work at McDonalds (ya ya i know, but it's a job at $6 an hour and i get TONS of hours, plus $6 is good pay for wyoming) and I noticed how they skimped on fries, I don't like that so I pack the fries in HARD into those boxes. I overfill the McFlurries and Sundaes and put TINY ammounts of ice in the drinks in drive through. Just thought I'd let you all know that not ALL McD's aren't like that (anymore) and my managers are cool so we can mess around all we want and do basically what we want as long as there are no customer complaints and we get our work done. It's wierd cuz everytime the managers start getting mad cuz I'm messing around too much I do something right like break a record for drive through or my cash drawer has the exact ammount of change in it. I think they get way pissed at that cuz i counter-act every bad thing i do . If you tell them exactly what you want (say you don't like the shredded lettuce on the Spicy McChicken, tell them w/o lettuce, with lettuce and they'll give you a fresh crisp piece) basically, tell them exactly how you want it and they'll do it. A GOOD McDonalds will even make a fresh batch of fries if you ask for no salt. McD's employees take so much **** from customers it drives me crazy.

I myself am going to lose it, a 94 year old guy (his wife told me his age and said he had reverted back to a child) came in and wanted something i couldnt' give him and started cussing at me for it. then some nurse came in during breakfast and ordered lunch, the manager said wait ten minutes and she could have it and she called us all stupid for it, so I laughed at her and told her to never come back. If you want to change the way things happen at places like that, either go do the change yourself (that's what I do) or get someone on the inside to change it. Until then, only expect what has happened in the past.

We used to have this place here in town that sold burgers named "Wimpy's", the Half Wimpy was like 1/2 pound, and then the Wimpy, Double Wimpy, and stuff like that to make you sound like a wuss when you couldn't finish it all, they made their own patties there, cooked their own buns, chopped up their own lettuce, etc. it was a great place to eat but the guy who owned it (it was named Judd's Grub and had a construction worker on the sign pointing in to the building) Judd, sold it to some stupid lady who closed it like 5 months later. Greatest burgers i've ever had from a resteraunt

Weapon X is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-03-2004, 09:30 AM   #47
Crow_Nest
Forum Spammer

Y'know the fish dippers? Its just fillet o fishes but in smaller pieces and you dip it in tartar sauce, whats the point of selling them?

Its the same thing but only without the bread. Waste of cash.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: cr0wnes7
Crow_Nest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > False Advertising