lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-14-2003, 10:26 PM   #41
Dynmonkolectric

Monkey Island 4, although not necessarily horrible, was disappointing in general, especially in the sense that there was so much botched continuity. So my fantasy Monkey Island 5 would actually be a fantasy Monkey Island 4 that takes place after CMI. What I'd like to see in it;
-Either a skeleton or a robot LeChuck. His EMI incarnation was totally lame.
-Either nostalgic two-dimensional graphics in the style of SoMI and MI2, or three-dimensional realistic looking graphics. As cool and beautiful as the graphics from CMI are, I really think the graphics from MI1 and MI2 really suited the franchise more. The general humor and wackiness of the characters is more effective if the characters themselves don't look like Disney cartoons.
-They have to resurrect the SCUMM bar system. I utterly hated controlling Guybrush with the keyboard. And even CMI's absence of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. There's just a certain freedom in MI1 and 2 not present if all you can do is "use", "talk to", and "look at". Also, this may sound anal retentive, but they really need the font from the first two games back. I really miss that font.
-Throughout the game, you should return all of the islands from the first three games. And a more accurate version of Melee and Monkey Islands, please.
-Likewise, all of the characters from those games should make appearences. There are certain characters in particular that I want to return, such as Stan and The Men of Low Moral Fiber.
-It would be awesome if LucasArts and Ron Gilbert teamed up to make this game.
-I want it to be massively long. Like ten chapters. This may sound absurd, but I think that all four games suffered from a short length problem.
-If they use voices, it would be better if they were consistent with the ones from CMI.
-Have Largo and LeChuck's Voodoo priest be reintroduced. Their whereabouts were always an irritating loose end.
-I certainly don't want this to be the last Monkey Island game. Even if it is the last one made, I don't want it to feature any sort of "final chapter/tie up the loose ends" crap. It should just end like a normal Monkey Island game.
-Perhaps it could come in a package, with a re-release of the first three, with voice acting (for the first two), and bonus scenes.

Yes, this may be a pipedream, but that's how I wanted Monkey Island 4 to be, and how I want Monkey Island 5 to be.

"I never touched a drop of alcohol until I came here"
Dynmonkolectric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2003, 12:46 PM   #42
ewdfs
Lurker

if they make a Monkey Island MMORGP (yeah right) PvP should be in insulting style, with a judge maybe
ewdfs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2003, 06:38 PM   #43
Glottiscane
Rookie

First of all, guybrush dies twice in CMI, and in EMI you can kill the guybrush on the other side of the gate in the swamp in lucre island with the gun he gives you. But for any future Monkey Island™'s, I wanna see a lot more of murray (unlike his cameo in EMI), much more of insult sword fighting, see wally again, lechuck again, and no ozzie mandrill!... and maybe the three pirates from the barbery coast (Haggis, Cutthroat Bill, and Van Helgan).

I'm Selling these Leather Jackets....
Glottiscane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2003, 02:39 AM   #44
EnchiladaMan

Stan needs to sound like a southern Used-Car Salesman, though he was decent in CMI. He was not decent in EMI.

If (and I stress "IF") MI:5 is the last Monkey Island, and I have seen absolutley zero evidence that it will be, then I think it should be a MOMRPG.

Think about it: It would be like the series wouldn't end. Only it would have different characters (though you should be able to buy from Stan and maybe run into Guybrush and Elaine).

I've heard that with SW Galaxies it is a hard and rare thing for anyone to become a jedi, but it is possible for anyone. With a Monkey Island RPG, it could be the same thing with being able to travel to Monkey Island. It is possible for anyone to get there, but very hard. Then at Monkey Island you can mess around with Herman and stuff.

But the focus of the games would be on the familiar islands of Melee, Booty, Plunder, Scabb, Phatt, Blood, Skull, and maybe a few new ones. But some should blow Jambalaya out of the water.

- Enchilada Man -
EnchiladaMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2003, 02:48 AM   #45
EnchiladaMan

"A dolly? The surprise is a dolly?"

Another idea popped into my head: "User-created Voodoo dolls!" What if, in an RPG, you could find ways of collecting something of thread, something of head, something of fluid, and something of dead from a rival pirate and have it made into a voodoo doll? Hmmm...

- Enchilada Man -
EnchiladaMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2003, 08:17 PM   #46
Royds
Lurker

I want so see The Barber shop men from MI3, however one has changed dramaticly, also I would like to have the game in traditional 2-d format again as I didnt like the 3-D graphics on MI4 it felt to bulky. I would also like to see good old guybrush again still with the witty humour!
Royds is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #47
Bushmeister

Hmm characters to see:

Mad Marty!!
Cannibals!
Bob! (although you can actually kill him in MI1)

The best thing for MI5, out of evverything though, would be to have Ron Gilbert working on it, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking.
Bushmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-26-2003, 09:38 AM   #48
Phil_R
Lurker

Okay, first I woud like to say, I have been a fan since the begining which is hard because it started when I was born but I was raised on monkey (thankyou daddy). THe best adventure gae of all time is MI1 and I long for the days of the old crappy graphics but thoes days have passed and there are no hope for them unfortunaty, asking dfor them wont help unless a lo of fans get together, do it and avoid getting shut down by LA. MI4 had a lot of lose ends and like all true monkey fans I wont Ron back, it may happen and I hope it does but its not that likely to. What the hell is with the monkey robot?

I would directly like to address all these people saying "I want to know the real secret of MI" because I for one dont at all, for me one of the best parts of the series is tht we still dont know and I hope we never do, its just a little bit of irony I enjoy, I dont think we should ever know.

There have been a lot of sugestions here, RPGs I like but I just dont think its meant to be, but could make a good fangame, tthe game has to have Guybrush battling evkil because thats was why it was great in the first pace, so MI4 was crap MI5 dont have to be.

I love the largo back Idea, that sounclip is kool by the way. The best suggestion I have seen in this thread is

in MI 5 id like to have:
-a rubberchicken or two
-cmi-like sound/music
-new innovative gfx and adventure like handling (pointnclick yeahyeahyeah)
-no monkey kombat, its too lame
-a bananapicker
-cannibals
-monkeys
-pirates, insults, grog
-AN ID FOR BUYING GROG. actually in that panties i wear!
-monkey island feeling

to me that sums up everyhing great, also what happend to guybrushes maturer look in MI2, I thought that was kool.

Thanks

MONKEY ISLAND 1 FOREVER

How appropriate, you fight like a cow :P
Phil_R is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2003, 10:26 PM   #49
LeChuck lives
Rookie

I think that a lot of the character that we havent seen in a while (from 1 & 2) should come back to the 5th one peope like:

The pirates who want to become circus performers from MI1

The pirates who set Gybrush THE THREE TRIALS from MI1.

The circus performers themselves.

The shopkeeper from MI1

Mellee island sheriff ( I think his name was fester cant remember though)

Lookout guy from MI1

Largo from MI2

Captain Dread from MI2

Kate Capsize from booty island in MI2

Shopkeeper from MI2 from booty island

Pirates near laundrette on mi2

Librarian from MI2

Govenor of phatt island

Gambling bloak from MI2 (on phatt island)

Sword trainer from MI1

Man in troll costume from MI1

Gardener from MI2 (on booty island)

Chef form MI1 scumm bar
spiffy the dog

Then there should be characters that are definatly kept for The 5th game that weve seen quite alot like:

Gybrush and ellaine (of course Monkey island wouldnt be Monkey island without them.)

Cannibals

Herman toothrot

voodoo lady

Otis

carla the Swordmaster

Stan (One of the best of the monkey island characters)

Lechuck (i think he should be in it but not have such a main part)

murray (even though he is annoying)

wally

3 headed monkey (even though he dont really apear much)

then the characters i definatly dont think should be in it:

Ozzy mandrill

marco de pollo (couldnt stand that diving bit ruined the game apart from monkey combat)

Now to islands i think most of the islands should be in it but there is a few that i really dont like these are:

Jambalaya Island

Lucre island

Islands that should be definatly in it (2 from each game):

MI1 Mellee island

MI1 Monkey island

MI2 scabb island

MI2 Booty

MI3 Blood island

MI3 plunder island

MI4 Knuttin atoll (small island next to jambalaya. May be a bit difficult to put in without jambalaya).

Mi4 all the others were Rubbish.

I also think that they should do it in 2d like Monkey island 3 with the point and click style of monkey island 1.

You Fight like a Dairy Farmer

How appropriate you fight like a cow.
LeChuck lives is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2003, 07:04 PM   #50
Bushmeister

Woa, that's a big list there, well I'll just put down three more characters I would like to see in MI5:

Edward van Helgen
Haggis McMutton
Cutthroat Bill
Bushmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2003, 02:58 AM   #51
jtotoro
Lurker

Well, First post mateys :P

What i would have to love in the new monkey series is another thing like that recruit-your-crew-and-sail from the first one.

off topic: Has anyone besides me, beginned to like the series playing the Sega-cd version?
jtotoro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2003, 07:07 PM   #52
JMI
Lurker

Re: \G

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Demon Chuckie
[B]Full frontal nudity!QUOTE]

Thats pretty wrong....i mean, c'mon....its a video game...a cartoon at that...it started out as a kids game..i started playin it when i was younger..im 16 now...and i got through with it just fine without nudity...just surf a nudie site or sumthin...but dont bring it into childrens gaming...
JMI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 12:55 PM   #53
AdisAbeba
Rookie

i'd like to see in MI5:

-Murray!

-el pollo diablo

-sea battles

- the cannibals
AdisAbeba is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2003, 06:46 PM   #54
kinson
Lurker

what are you people talking about? a monkey island 'momrpg' would be a horrbile idea. c'mon, it'd be like a 'quake' platformer.
  • i'd like mi-5 to have 3D graphics; to be honest, i wouldn't mind the EMI graphics
  • i think mini games would be a good way of bringing back the pixelly graphics and music of the first game, and could be fun
  • a scarier lechuck might be nice.
kinson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2003, 07:37 PM   #55
Judicar
Lurker

I would have thougth the honeymoon would have been a perfect setting for MI4 - the ship runs on ground on a desert Island... Elaine is perhabs captured by cannibals... etc. etc.

I agree on the bringing it back to 2d/ pointandclick. MI4 was 1)ugly (compared to CMI) and 2) Irritating to control.
Judicar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #56
tembleofbu
Rookie

I think that the graphic sould be the same as MI4 but they could do something about the controls, they suck.
Any1 know when MI5 will be out, like 2005?

tembleofbu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2003, 11:56 PM   #57
Hellbeard

To all you guys, I am a big MI fan, I first played MI1 when I was 5. but you have to be somewhat realistic, they will never put 2D graphics, and I greatly doubt that they will bring back the scumm system. LucasArts can't afford to make a game that people won't buy, and although all you guys would love all this nastalgic stuff, many other people wouldn't and it couldn't hurt to make a few new monkey island fans. Cause I know lot's o' people who rented MI4 for PS2 and stuff, and they were really disappointed. and I know that no one would buy a new game with old 2D graphics. Its all about keeping up with other games and the compitition.
Hellbeard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #58
Neikron
Lurker

Man, I don't even know what to say about this. I want there to be an MI5 a lot. They could still use the CMI system I think. People would still buy a game with that...We should start a petition to make it old graphics

I'm sure there's enough Monkey fans around to buy it. I don't mean TOTALLY like old graphics. Maybe make them a bit less pixelated. Perhaps in between MI2 and CMI...But yeah, it's probably gonna be like crappy 3d...But yeah, MMORPG...LMAO...I hope not. What about a multiplayer adventure? :S I dunno how that would turn out...But yeah, whatever...We'll have to wait to find out

The waiting game sucks, I'm off to play Hungry Hungry Hippo's.

Adios All

~Monsieur E. Swashbuckle
Neikron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2003, 07:01 AM   #59
|agomorph
Rookie

I think they they should remake monkey island 2 in VR. So that you have a great story with cool effects!!! yeah, I cant wait.

ps. Monkey Island RULES
|agomorph is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2003, 07:02 AM   #60
|agomorph
Rookie

I think they they should remake monkey island 2 in VR. So that you have a great story with cool effects!!! yeah, I cant wait.

ps. Monkey Island RULES
Old 11-17-2003, 07:02 AM   #61
|agomorph
Rookie

ps. Monkey Island RULES
Old 11-17-2003, 07:03 AM   #62
|agomorph
Rookie

ps. Monkey Island RULES
Old 11-17-2003, 07:06 AM   #63
|agomorph
Rookie

Sorry about that. *stupid internet connection*

ps. Monkey Island RULES BIG TIME
Old 12-27-2003, 04:50 AM   #64
coa1k
Lurker

I like the idea of being able to visit all the islands there ever were in all of the games. Maybe even a few new ones. This would make that game be very long. here is a list of the rest of what I would like to see in MI-5.

- Either very smooth looking 3D fx with a new system or a much crisper and more animated style of CMI.
- Largo LaGrande
- Murray
- A funny cutscene which will show how when Guybrush was a child, he was tramatized by having his head being flushed in the toilet by his siblings.
- An good ending. (None of the games have had an ending worthy of the rest of the game in my opinion.)
- Cutscenes, that when played all by them selves, without the gameplay, would make sense. (This could leave the option of a bonus DVD with the cutscenes playing like a movie.)
- Or just make a bonus DVD with a movie about the game. (So that you don't have to play all 210934 hours of the game to get back into the monkey island frame of mind.

I think that there should be a movie made based on the original game. But it should be done in the Shrek style CGI. This would make it look believable, but at the same time a little cartoony to give it a comedic feeling.
coa1k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2003, 05:00 PM   #65
Udvarnoky
Short for "Jason"

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Quote:
Originally posted by coa1k

- An good ending. (None of the games have had an ending worthy of the rest of the game in my opinion.)
I don't see how there can be any argument with the Monkey Island 1 ending. It was fantastic! As for Monkey Island 2, I thought the ending was both halarious and (dare I say it) satisfying, despite the weirdness. I can understand criticism for CMI, but that's because they ran out of money. And I didn't find anything terribly bad about EMI's ending. It was at least worthy of the rest of the game. Heh.
Udvarnoky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2004, 05:10 PM   #66
Rapp Scallion

Quote:
Originally posted by coa1k

- A funny cutscene which will show how when Guybrush was a child, he was tramatized by having his head being flushed in the toilet by his siblings.
Wow... By reading this I just got some sort of a vision... Know it sounds silly, but it was just like somthing that you have not thought about for several years and suddenly you think about it. You wrote about seeing Guybrush's head flushed down. I imagined that scene, and *POPP* Guybrush takes his head up from the toilets by the big tree at Booty Island. Guybrush have some sort of a flashback of his childhood or something. Wow. Funny feeling

-Rapp Scallion
Rapp Scallion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 06:27 PM   #67
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Magic???!?!?!?!

What the hell are you thinking
this is not an RPG fool!
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2004, 07:54 PM   #68
Iguana
Rookie

Dunno why you want a char to die. And there is magic! Voodoo magiks and tricks to make books come out of hats!
Iguana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2004, 10:08 PM   #69
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I just want it to have those great original gags
Old 01-31-2004, 04:22 PM   #70
balert
Lurker

Cool Guy

No the secret of monkey island is Monkey Island its self because no one else knew abou its location. i want to see a smarter and eviler lechuck.
balert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2004, 12:23 AM   #71
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
NO No NO

Lechuck has not bean smart since LR and thats funny

(With voodoo cannon ball) I will cast Elain into the depths of hell, That way I can show her how much I realy care!!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:47 AM   #72
Krazy
Rookie

-Wally
-Alexandra doing Elaine's voice
-MI3 graphics and inventory (I can dream can't I?)
-Dominic obviously
-Less obscure puzzels (like in MI4 MI3 had better puzzels)

Fear the person with no signature RUN AWAY!
Krazy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #73
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
I'd like to see rubber chickens with a variety of objects in the middle:

i.e. -
-A rubber chicken with a fish fillet in the middle
-A rubber chicken with an uzi in the middle

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #74
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
An Uzi I like it!

Oh and the MI 4 puzzles sucked

Stupid file sorter puzzle
Stupid Swamps of Tyme puzzle
Stupid throw the rock at the right time so everything goes exactly perfect and sometimes not be able to aim due too someone talking to you and having to start over ect. ect. ect.

And the dumb Monkey combat system
Old 02-22-2004, 04:59 AM   #75
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

Hey, the Mysts of Tyme were awesome, watch your mouth.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #76
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I was just confused at first and you need to be some what older to understand it
Old 02-27-2004, 10:33 AM   #77
Rookie

ACTION!

I would like to see a few things change:

Better controlability of Guybrush
More hardcore action where Guybrush can actually be killed (such as trying to row a wooden log in lava....yeah right, very realistic)
More Weapons and possibilities
More complicated choices
Magic will also be nice...maybe the Voodoo lady can play a role

In general, i would like it to be more RPGish, like Morrowind. Huge Islands with a huge amount of choices

Bye now!
02173 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #78
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

Whoa, and therein is a HUGE problem. Monkey Island is not a RPG, was never meant to be, and never should be. It's meant to fulfill the pirate adventurer in all of us. Not to customize our person and wander the countryside looking for new weapons.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see...