lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which version of ScummVM to use?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
snugnun
Lurker

Which version of ScummVM to use?

I was looking at the ScummVM site's compatability lists and am confused. They say that Version 6 is the latest stable release but then the list gives a version number to be used with a specific game.

Should I always try to use the most recent build provided by LQE or should I use Version 6 for all games that are listed as such (and any games that require less than version 6)?

And for games such as Full Throttle and The Dig that are listed with version 7, should I always try to use the most recent build with that or should I play it with Ver 6 (which is the stable version)? And why provide two different lists if you're going to give version numbers next to the game titles anyway?

Thanks in advance for any help!
snugnun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Ender
Rookie

The version number is the version of the OFFICIAL LucasArts interpreter used by the original.

It has nothing to do with which version of ScummVM to use. 0.6.0 is fine even for Scumm V8 games

-- Ender
Project Leader Thingy,
ScummVM - http://www.scummvm.org/
Ender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Help! > Which version of ScummVM to use?