lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I am tired of all of this Matrix/Star Wars prequal/sequals sucked crap
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-25-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Angry I am tired of all of this Matrix/Star Wars prequal/sequals sucked crap

I am really tired of it. I have lost count of all the stupid whiners complaining about the selquals/preguals not being as good as the original. Every time the Matrix is brought up, it seems to come up. Every time star wars comes up it too seems to come up. Example: I was in a chat room, and the question was brought up. "When does episode 3 come out?" "Who cares, it'll suck just as bad if not worse than 1 and 2."

Same thing happened with the Matrix revolutions dvd release date. I can't say anything about Matrix 2 and 3, but I can say this about 1 and 2 of SW. They rocked. And my friend has seen Matrix 2 and 3, and he said that they too were great. I will trust him on this, considering everytime he says that about a movie, it rocked.

Sorry, been bottled up inside a looooooong time, and I had to say it if everyone else was too afraid to.

EDIT: And some aren't even happy with 4 5 and 6! "Greedo didn't shoot first! I want the original movies!"

EDIT2:I'm sorry if I made some pople mad, but I am just stating my oppinion too.

Last edited by BongoBob; 03-25-2004 at 01:50 AM.
BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 01:42 AM   #2
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
Well, you need calm down and accept the fact that talk like that is always going to be around. Everybody has different opinions on the subject of what sucks and what rocks. If we didn't, there would just be alot of nodding and it would be pretty boring around here.

Where was I? Ah yes!

Greedo did not shoot first. I want the originals. The new editions DO suck. And now he's changing even more in them for the DVD release! He's totally redone the Vader's chamber scene and God knows what else!

Last edited by Boba Rhett; 03-25-2004 at 03:26 AM.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
I know that when opinions - particularly on the Matrix - are asked for, I oblige.

In particular the recent Enter the Matrix sequel thread, I stated my opinions on the state-of-the-series, and generally that if you show a game publisher that you will buy the new game no matter what they'll produce it.

Look - I like Episode I, but I don't pretend that their wasn't a sh*tstorm of marketing, which included tons of tie-ins and lots of lousy product.

Unfortunately, there are those for whom context (even in the loose Swampy sense of it) has no meaning. Someone will ask - 'how do I activate the console in JA on my Mac' and you are pretty much guaranteed to get several 'who car3z, mac sux' and some 'forget JA and get CoD - it roolz!11!'

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 01:45 AM   #4
STTCT
Bantha Fodder

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran 
This has been happening for a long time

Look at Rocky, Jaws, Lethal Weapon,

I mean it is always going to be this

The second one has a 75% chance of sucking.

And what sequel sucked to you may be someone else's favorite.

STTCT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 01:50 AM   #5
TiE23
Get bent!

Current Game: Shogun 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by STTCT
yes, the odds are against us... I think that makes sense...

TiE

Tie's Kindle Reading Project
"Making myself a more learned person and then bragging about it."
Since October 2010 - I'm a slow reader
-----------
27 Books Completed
('10: 4, '11: 9, '12: 7, '13: 6)
Fiction: 12 | Fantasy/Sci-Fi 5; Classics 3; Literature 4
Non-fiction: 15 | Investigative 2; History/Politics 3; Science 3; Biography 7
-----------
237,123 'locations'
11,865 pages (approx)
-----------
Last book: Cosmos by Carl Sagan - Dec 2013
TiE23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 01:58 AM   #6
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by STTCT
This has been happening for a long time

Look at Rocky, Jaws, Lethal Weapon,

I mean it is always going to be this

And what sequel sucked to you may be someone else's favorite.
And that is why I don't have the Indy Jones DVD set ... I can live on just Raiders (as we so fondly called it 'in the day') ... and without the other two.

Jaws 3D! My 6 year old loves Spy Kids, especially the 3D one ... this was on TV a week or so ago and I mentioned it was originally 3D - Did you see it? No. Why not? Does it look good to you? No. It isn't now, wasn't then. It was a terrible movie then and it still is terrible. Is that supposed to be a shark? Yes. It doesn't look real. I know ... I know ...

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 02:43 AM   #7
rccar328
Forumite

Quote:
I am really tired of it. I have lost count of all the stupid whiners complaining about the selquals/preguals not being as good as the original.
Well, if you don't agree with other people's opinions on the subject, don't get on that thread (or don't even ask, or leave the conversation...)

Personally, I loved the first Matrix...but the other two sucked. The first movie simply set a standard that the next one didn't meet up to (and it was bad enough that I didn't see the third one...I heard it was pretty bad, though).

When it comes to Star Wars, I love the original 3 movies...didn't care too much for the re-releases, though - it looks really cheezy when they try to meld modern special effects into older movies like that. And besides that, all it amounts to is Lucas trying to make a few extra bucks.

As far as EPI & II go, that's the same story as the Matirx - EPI was good, but EPII didn't quite measure up to the standard set by EPI. They're gonna need a really great movie for EPIII to get it back together.

But that's how sequels work - they make a really great movie, then decide to make another just for the money, and it turns out not being nearly as good as the original, and all of the fans complain.

It's happened over and over and over and over throughout history, and it'll keep on happening.
rccar328 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 03:35 AM   #8
wassup

Welcome to life, BB. Enjoy your stay.
wassup is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 04:42 AM   #9
MysticSpade
awaiting the Unknown

The Following statements are mine and mine alone:

I liked the first Matrix and i do agree that the 2nd and 3rd weren't on par with the first but i still like them.

and i like Ep 1 and Ep2 ( i loved the Yoda fight although some thought it to be cheesy) and i can't wait for Ep3

but everyone does have their own opinion on anything like this.

XBL GT: MysticSpade
MysticSpade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 06:13 AM   #10
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by txa1265
... I can live on just Raiders (as we so fondly called it 'in the day') ... and without the other two.
But.....but.....but....then you don't have The last Crusade.......and...but......that movie is AWESOME!!!

Sorry, Can't help it. I love The Last Crusade over all the other indies.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 06:19 AM   #11
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Hey man, if everyone thought and did the same things, then life would be meaningless as your individual journey, and we just might as well be a bunch or automatons.....

Variety is indeed the spice of life.....

But alot of times, there is something that appeals to many, and at many different levels....SW is just one of those things.....

One thing I can say, is that I have never met *anyone* (yet), that has ever said TESB sucked 'cause indeed it did not !

MTFBWYA

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 11:54 AM   #12
Druid Allanon
Rookie

Hmm... I never did see any reason to complain about ANY of the SW movies, all of them were great. Sure, many people complained about the standard of Ep II not as good at Ep 1's. That may be so, but Ep II has its strong points too. Romance's abundant in Ep II, no doubt it offended some people, but I think it's beautiful IMO. My love for SW begun when I watched Ep II.
Druid Allanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #13
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

Actually, even Lucas (unintentionally) said - or was it his mentor Joe Campbell (sp? That his name even?) - beh in any case, one of them pretty much said that the new Star Wars movies suck. Whichever one of them said it was right.

You can draw the conclusion from the interview Lucas had with some famous reporter on his Skywalker Ranch. It was released as a promo to the then impending Phantom Menace movie. Bleh, watch it yourself, it's not that hard to pick up where the movies went wrong.

The movies are great by the standards he was making them, but when you take in the factor that time flows (and a couple of other mathematical/movie making factors), they just plain don't compete.

So to sum up -

by Star Wars standards the movies were adequate.
by my standards the movies were blah (but I'll remain a fan, because I like the story, and some of the products released ie games).

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2004, 06:14 PM   #14
Hermie
vs. The World.

Current Game: On the top of it.
Forum Veteran 
Bongo, you are in the wrong forum.

Hermie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 01:03 AM   #15
MennoniteHobbit
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator_64
lol

I just live in this world. I don't care about those stuff. If movies stink then they do. End of story for me.

MennoniteHobbit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 02:01 AM   #16
DarkLord60
Something In the Way

I dont know some second movies are better than the first look at Terminator

DarkLord60 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 04:26 PM   #17
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
dont even try to convince me that T2 and T3 are better than T1 its hilarity mixed with humor on top of funnyness

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 06:18 PM   #18
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Speaking of episode 3, didnt anyone read that article by the Toronto news reporter that thinks that George Lucas should NOT do Episode 3 and should just release it as-is. Course this is the same person who said that there should have only been one Indiana Jones, etc. This guy is a friggin moron if he doesnt want Episode 3 to be released. I mean C'mon, we have waited this long, and if George Lucas doesnt release it, there WILL be bloodshed.
:gun5:

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2004, 09:46 PM   #19
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

More accurately, Andy:

If Episode 3 is not released, or is a major letdown, the following chain of events will unfold:

A horde of angry fan-boys, nerds, movie critics, and mercs will storm Skywalker Ranch armed with plastic lightsabers. Once inside Lucas will be located and held hostage. An official petition will be signed and verified by Lucas to remake the prequels along with a new pre-Episode 1 Trilogy (Or post Episode 6). Thus, the STAR WARS RENERD PROJECT would begin.

Yeah, something like that

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #20
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
I liked EP 1 and 2 A LOT, the originals are awesome too but i consider ep 1 and 2 to be on the same level

for matrix, damn i was so dissapointed in matrix 2 i didnt even bother to see 3. pure commercial crap..and from what i've read instead of answering questions matrix rev only raises more
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2004, 04:33 PM   #21
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
More accurately, Andy:

If Episode 3 is not released, or is a major letdown, the following chain of events will unfold:

A horde of angry fan-boys, nerds, movie critics, and mercs will storm Skywalker Ranch armed with plastic lightsabers. Once inside Lucas will be located and held hostage. An official petition will be signed and verified by Lucas to remake the prequels along with a new pre-Episode 1 Trilogy (Or post Episode 6). Thus, the STAR WARS RENERD PROJECT would begin.

Best. Plan. Ever.

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2004, 10:52 PM   #22
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea the main fact is GL would loose alot more if he didnt release episode 3. He would let millions of fans down and would probally walk away from star wars all together. Pnut is probally right about the storming of Skywalker Ranch. The day GL upsets the SW fans, will be the worst day GL would ever have.
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2004, 10:55 PM   #23
Pie™
A peppermint nightmare.

LF Jester Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Zappa_0
The day GL upsets the SW fans, will be the worst day GL would ever have.
Revenge of the Nerds! DumDuDu!!!

Pondering the mystery of rainbows, UFOs, and ****ing magnets.
Pie™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #24
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
When does Episode III come out

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2004, 06:21 AM   #25
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
One thing I can say, is that I have never met *anyone* (yet), that has ever said TESB sucked 'cause indeed it did not !
I'll introduce you to my roommate and you won't be able to say that anymore. He hates all Star Wars movies.

which is odd, because Star Wars and Fight club are like, the only two movies we disagree on. He likes fight Club, I like Star Wars.

Go figure.

And I don't want to hear that fight club is a good movie. I don't like it. end of story

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2004, 08:34 AM   #26
teknoranger
Rookie

I've never seen a legion of Fight Club fans that amass by the ten's of thousands to spam some board relentlessly

that's off topic

meh sequels generally can't be as good as the original because the original is just that "Original"

This is the secret to Final Fantasy's continued success

that and fan boys

ALLYOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
teknoranger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #27
XERXES
werd

I do think the prequels are not that great so far. Honestly, I do. Theres no magic in them that existed in the originals, they dont touch me the way the originals did. Its taking so damn long for ep 3, when it finally does come out I wont even remember what happend in 1 and 2.

The matrix was just a fad that should have never progressed past the first movie. But since they did I will just say that the attempts were lame. First one was great though, second and third just overdid what was cool about 1. Ever heard of "too much of a good thing isnt good?"

I am allowed to have an opinion arent I?

like woah
XERXES is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #28
the_raven_03

Quote:
Originally posted by ET Warrior
But.....but.....but....then you don't have The last Crusade.......and...but......that movie is AWESOME!!!

Sorry, Can't help it. I love The Last Crusade over all the other indies.
I agree here. Last Crusade is by far the best Indy film. And I like both Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions. There is of course no way they could be a good as the first because the first was revolutionary and the next two went with a concept that you knew when they came out.
the_raven_03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #29
legameboy
Pirate Flavored

The Matrix and its sequels I liked, I just liked the first better.

As for the prequels to Star Wars: Episodes 4, 5, and 6, I think Knights of the Old Republic was better than those two. Heh.
legameboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2004, 01:25 AM   #30
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
Then there are those sequals that are ten times better than the originals, like Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn, The Road Warrior, and X-2: X-Men United.
Darth Groovy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2004, 01:49 AM   #31
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator_64
Uhh, no, last time I checked I could be at a place and have a *gasp* different oppinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
I am allowed to have an opinion arent I?
Read the last part of my above statement.

Look people, everyone has their own oppinion, and I have the right to voice that oppinion.

BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2004, 02:09 AM   #32
Mike Windu
Je suis l'agent du chaos.

I dunno, Episode 1 was the first time I watched a full Star Wars movie. I enjoyed it.

Episode 2 kinda sucked... too much of a love story that GL cannot convey to the audience.

I liked Episode 4. Haven't seen the rest.

That's the last time I buy anything just because it's furry!

Mike Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2004, 03:39 AM   #33
Jo

Quote:
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
More accurately, Andy:

FOREGET PLASTIC

*pulls out custom made double bladed-seperating to dual blades lightsaber with Wooden Oak Dowels as blades*

Now this will do damange..

*runs off to find a jedi costume..

<MasterJo> you want pics of me in boxers??? <Rhett>for... research
Jo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #34
dark jedi 8
law abiding citizen:)

Quote:
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
He's totally redone the Vader's chamber scene and God knows what else!
since when! WTF! i didn't hear about that!

anyway, on topic, i love all the SW movies cus each has their own goodness.
empire:best story
jedi: best action
hope: a bit of both
menace: reentry into the saga, not as good as the OT but still great.
clones: probably the most lacking of the movies, but has great development and had huge potential that didn't cash b/c GL is a s****y director.
i think each are good in their own right. this is just my opinion though.

"to be great is to be misunderstood" - Emerson
dark jedi 8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #35
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
I'm surprised everyone's against Bongo here, becuase I agree completely. The sequels/prequels did NOT suck, could someone PLEASE point out something bad? I think the original movies suck compared to EP1 and 2, the lightsaber battles were unrealistic and retarded!

...though, the styoryline and humor was good. I'm not at all saying I hate them, I'm just saying that EPI and II are IMPROVEMENTS, NOT junk.

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > I am tired of all of this Matrix/Star Wars prequal/sequals sucked crap