I decided to make a new thread. Basically, this is a movie for JA Single Player, aka, a cutscene. It will be made up of different levels. When I say movie, it means there is no playing. Just watching, like a movie. My old thread, located here
basically said the same thing. So, why the new thread? There are several reasons. Its now for JA. It now has a name (Star Wars: Redemption) and, I have finally got some proof that this project is still alive. Not to mention, the old thread is old.
The trailer is complete, well, the scripted part is. All I have to do is get the 'ok' from N3G1@, and ill send it to him, and he will add in all the sounds. With that said, lets move on.
14 Screenshots of the Trailer to keep you happy for now:
Edited: Scroll down for the links!
Bandwidth is short, I only get 5 MBs a day with this host, so if you run out of bandwidth, check back early the next day.
The trailer is 3.34 MB (3,511,286 bytes). Its 1:43 mins long, and 320 x 240 resolution. WMV Format, the bitrate is 264Kbps, Audio Codec: Windows Media Audio 9
VBR Quality 75, 44 kHz, stereo 1-pass VBR. Video codec is: Windows Media Video 9. 30 Frames Per Second.
Yeah.. not that good. Thats a good reason why the final release should just simply be left in JA. Unless you want to DL a 100 MB movie. Not many people will download a movie like that, at least, not a fan film movie made through a video game. In JA, your resolution could reach 2048 X 1536, reach a FPS a lot higher than 30 (the trailer is 30 FPS) Dynamic Glow, the Highest possible sound, and much more, for a small download of maybe 10 MBs.
The trailer is basically a preview of some of the major characters in this movie. Later on, closer to the end of this project, I will make a Trailer 2, which will actually have parts of the movie in it, just to reming people that this project is still out there. Thats the reason for this trailer. Nothing that happens in this trailer happens in the movie. Some of the things that happen, may resemble things that happen in the movie, but its not exact.
This project has the potential to be really good, or really bad, depending on how its done. Progress is slow, because of the scripting. The mapping can be done pretty easily. Right now, im scripting and mapping, and I did a few simple skins. N3G1@ is adding sound to the trailer, making the menu screen, and making new animations for the film. I had all the voice actors I needed, but its been so long since ive contacted them, that im not even sure if they will be available anymore. Im going to reply in my old recruiting thread and ask them to reply here, if they are still onboard, if none reply, I will then need new voice actors.
Right now, im taking the two biggest parts, Luke and Cortez. Kyle will be taken from the game, and so will Jan. Some JK2 sounds may be used in this project.
- The main character in this story, he is a Jedi Master at the Jedi Academy.
- Luke is the leader of the Jedi Academy, and will come in handy later on in the story. Luke will originally send Kyle on this mission from the Academy.
- The Dark Jedi who is the mastermind behind the plot, to take over the galaxy, starting with the destruction of the Jedi Academy.
- Boba Fett plays two roles in this story, the first one, as a mercenary for hire, the second role, as a man seeking revenge.
- The long time partner of Kyle Katarn, who is sent to assist Kyle on this mission.
- A minor character in this story, this is the best stormtrooper in Cortez' army. He wears the traditional white armor, as well as blue armor.
- One of the last reborn from Dessan and Tavion's armies. He is trying one last time to gain power and control.
- The spy for the New Republic who finds out about Cortez' plan to conquer the galaxy.
- The commander of the rebels sent to assist Kyle and Jan on their mission.
Be sure to check out my site for the latest information on the project: www.freewebs.com/bens_maps