lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problematic joystick
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-19-2000, 12:34 AM   #1
Spiff

Post Problematic joystick

I have relatively new "LogiTech Wingman Exteme Digital 3D" controller, yet I am experiencing problems with it. The handle twist is far too sensitive, and when I pull the handle up or down, the throttle changes. These problems are not limited to just "XWA." Sensitivity adjustmens and reinstalling software doesn't help, but I'm pretty sure the problem is coming from the loose plate that holds the stick in place, but I don't have the kind of screwdrivers needed to fit those screws. Does anybody else have any ideas?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2000, 03:36 AM   #2
krispy

If I were you, I would just adjust the in-flight controls so that the twist does nothing. But then again, I don't know if you actually use the twist frequently. I have the Logitech Attack and it doesn't have a twist, so I would be fine with that.

Again, if I were YOU.

Later
-krispy
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2000, 01:24 PM   #3
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
I had this problem to

First of all, XWA think it is an actualy rudder pedals on the joystick... so you need to go to the option screen (hit escape while in XWA) select game controls, and turn off the rudder

Now that that is done, you can use the Wingman Profiler program to adjust the senstiviy, and the dead area. I usually turn the senseitvity waaay down, and turn the dead area waaay up.

This should solve all problesm, also you might want to fly a few mission to get used to a rudder. I noticed i like to twist my wrist a lot whle trying to do exteme turns
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Tech Center > Problematic joystick