lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WIP: X-TIE Ugly Possibility (Help Neede First)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-30-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
WIP: X-TIE Ugly Possibility (Help Needed First)

O.K., I need a lot of help!! If someone could tell me why the following is happening and how I could fix it, I would be very grateful.

Problem:

I am making a X-TIE Ugly (TIE Fighter with X-wing cockpit). I am trying to replace the TIE cockpit files with the X-Wing cockpit files. I finally do it. Then, I rename all of the things in the models/player folder like this:

it was- models/players/x-wing/x-wings

I made it- models/players/x-tie-ugly/x-wings

Then, I load up the game and try to spawn the X-TIE Ugly. It says something like:

"models/players/x-tie-ugly/model.glm has wrong version [5 (something something something and so on) should be 6]"

What the hell does that mean?!?! I don't know how to fix it either. I have tried everything to my modding knowledge.

So, if there is no easy way around this, (I don't know how to make models) I hope that someone would be nice enough to make models for me (and the other files in models/players/(ship name) like the .md3's, .gla's, and .glm's and this person telling me what I would rename the skins, etc.).

Thank you very much.

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."

Last edited by Majin Revan; 04-30-2004 at 08:37 PM.
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
Oops, sorry about the triple post of threads. The others aren't even working right. It wouldn't load.

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #3
Lil Killa
lunatic

This is the wrong forum.....

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #4
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by majinrevan
Oops, sorry about the triple post of threads. The others aren't even working right. It wouldn't load.
Then delete the excess threads.

Since this has nothing to do with modelling, try this forum:

JA Skinning
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #5
Lil Killa
lunatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TK-8252
Then delete the excess threads.

Since you created the thread he can't... only you can.

"I created it?" I hear you ask. Well yes since you have the first post it appears to everyone else that you spammed to threads when you didn't... Usually when I see threads like this I'll make a a post and delete it to there for delete the empty and useless thread and keep the forums clean.

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #6
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

LOL, it worked! Never knew that, Killa. Thanks!

I always thought it had to be the thread-starting post that had to be deleted to delete the thread.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > Showcase forum > Modelling > WIP: X-TIE Ugly Possibility (Help Neede First)