lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: vertex align?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-30-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
Lil Killa
lunatic

vertex align?

This is more of a general modeling question but as there is no general modeling forum around I'll ask it here...

I've been working on a few projects and some require me to align my vertacies along a plain. I can do this in gmax/max easily BUT it literaly aligns the verts to a plain. I'm looking for smoething like the align feature in milkshape. In milkshape the verts (or whatever is selected) gets aligned along a chosen plain but at the center of the mass of whatever your aligning.

so simply but... how do I align verts in gmax/max ?

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2004, 12:29 AM   #2
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Use the non-uniform scale tool and select which axis you want to flatten to...there are other ways but that's what i do most of the time.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
Lil Killa
lunatic

thanks but i have one last question... is there a faster way to "select which axis you want to flatten to" ?

Right now I'm clicking the axis on the gizmo but it takes a little while till the line up as the scale gets slower the closer the verts get...

EDIT::

meh never mind.. found a little button next to the XYZ boxes at the bottom that I clicked and now I just type 0 to align them to the corresponding axis..

Thanks for your help Psyko

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Modeling > vertex align?