the best EU story ever told!!! 5 17.24%
pretty good; I enjoyed reading it... 11 37.93%
just okay. Not the best, but not too shabby... 4 13.79%
not my favorite. Could have been a lot better 1 3.45%
pretty bad. It sucked, the authors sucked, I didn't like reading it... 1 3.45%
the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened to the EU!!! 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: NJO brawl...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2004, 04:51 PM   #41
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Yeah, Vergere was a make-or-break for you in that series. But she also gave a lot of new ideas to the entire SW universe. And actually, if you finished the series, they got back to being the end-all bad guys who kicked some serious butt. Parity was only established for about 8 months of SW time, actually, before the Vong hit back with their own technological (or biological, if you will) improvements that rendered the Republic less than equal.

No offense, but I honestly don't believe Rhett did a very good job of stating much at all. I've never heard a reasonable I dislike the NJO because of such and such except yours and maybe two others, ET... everybody just says "It's unoriginal Borg **** and I hate it!"

But like it or not, they did happen, and that will of course be taken into account in all post-NJO literature, including TD's upcoming trilogy.

Master_Keralys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2004, 09:08 PM   #42
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Master_Keralys
But like it or not, they did happen, and that will of course be taken into account in all post-NJO literature, including TD's upcoming trilogy.
Bastards!

NJO isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to Star Wars, but I just don't really care for it anymore. And if Vergere were to get eaten by a Sarlacc I would laugh and giggle with glee.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #43
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Eh, well, be happy.
spoiler:
She died in a massive fireball, taking thousands of Yuuzhan Vong with her as a stolen A-wing exploded.

ET, you seriously should at least read The Unifying Force; it's a pretty fantastic book even for non-NJO fans, trust me...

Old 04-10-2004, 01:44 AM   #44
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I thought Vergere was a great character. Especially in Traitor, but the other authors just plain sucked at "maintaining" her. They didn't do as good as the author of Traitor so they just swept her under the mat.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #45
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Quote:

ET, you seriously should at least read The Unifying Force; it's a pretty fantastic book even for non-NJO fans, trust me... [/B]
I second that. Luke dishes out the greatest saber ass-kicking ever(including movies and EU!), its worth reading it for that alone...

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2004, 03:15 AM   #46
Sam Fisher
eh.

Yeah, I just finished Force Heretic II, and I'm on me toes right now ^^

stuck in an eternity of sunshine and chocolate.
Sam Fisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2004, 03:42 AM   #47
the_raven_03

I just finished the third Force Heretic yesterday. I am halfway done with the next one already though, it is a very easy read.
the_raven_03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #48
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Yeah, The Final Prophecy was awesome, even though it was a breeze to read through. I enjoyed it just because it was a philosophical book more than action, but had great action scenes as well. It also leaves you thinking a lot about things that don't get answered until TUF, and puts Nom Anor's character into an even more interesting position (trust me, those who haven't yet finished it).

King of the Swamp, Astro's right. Put it this way, "His single blade might as well have been ten or twenty..." And when he gets into this one-on-one duel, you won't believe what goes down, it's so awesome...

Old 04-14-2004, 12:15 AM   #49
the_raven_03

Ok so I finished The Final Prophecy but I don't have the next one so it will be a while before I read it.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:24 AM   #50
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
And when he gets into this one-on-one duel, you won't believe what goes down, it's so awesome...
Does he like....do a flip...and....stuff.......

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2004, 02:03 AM   #51
Pnut_Man
Existential to the Core

Quote:
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I thought Vergere was a great character. Especially in Traitor, but the other authors just plain sucked at "maintaining" her. They didn't do as good as the author of Traitor so they just swept her under the mat.
Sadly true, SWP...
With all of her idealism, I would have thought it to be heresy in Vergere's eyes to 'heroically' drive an A-wing...into...yeah (no spoilers from me!)
Felt like most of the authors were envious (or just plain annoyed) of what Stover pulled off in Traitor, so they purposely watered down both Jacen and Vergere in the upcoming novels...
Ah well.

- Formally hated, praised, and known as Pnut_Man
Pnut_Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #52
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Well, Stover pulled some awesome stuff, and I don't think the others were jealous so much as unable to pull it off. And, of course, Luceno did a fantastic job.

ET - among other things, he does indeed do flips. But if you remember the part in EP 1 where obi's blade is going about sixteen bazillion ways at once, Luke's fight is way better than that... so yeah, you've got to read it.

Old 04-17-2004, 09:32 PM   #53
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
I just finished the series like...an hour ago. IT ROCKS!! I wish Nom Anor would've gotten his ass handed to him, rather than lived--oops, no spoilers from me.
Umm, I like the philosophy of the Potentium (or Unifying Force). The stuff about Onimi surprised me. I was...not expecting it.

Head over to my thread in this forum to post ideas for post NJO books.

Oh, and Boba Fett slicing, dicing, and blasting the Yuuzhan Vong in the Unifying Force...that rocked. Hey, they actually mentioned Kyle Katarn in it too!!

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 05:38 AM   #54
Glaive v.1
Rookie

i only read 4 books of the NJO but what i read i found interesting and i enjoyed it.

Thanks for ImageShack for free Image Hosting
Glaive v.1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #55
Master_Keralys
Forumite

You should finish the series; it seriously is awesome.

Who knows if Nom Anor lived? It seems Luceno intentionally left that open for this very reason (namely to leave the community wondering). Either option for him was consistent with his character though. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him reappear sometime later, but I also wouldn't be surprised to never hear anything about him again.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:56 PM   #56
the_raven_03

I plan on finishing the series too. I just need to get the last couple of books. Maybe over the summer.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:35 PM   #57
Master_Keralys
Forumite

Chants "Read it read it read it!"

If you're going to read it this summer, either plan on buying it or getting yourself on the list at the library now; at least where I live, I checked the demand and it's really, really high...

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > NJO brawl...