lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars RTS Game (New!!)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
Star Wars RTS Game (New!!)

O.K., I misled you with the title. But, I think you might like to know the following:

There is a TC mod in the works called Imperial Assault. It is a TC for Command and Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour. It actually will be a lot better than Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns. Here is the link for the site: http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~imperialassault/.

Make sure you check it out. As soon as I illegally, err, I mean, legally...get C&C: Generals: Zero Hour, I'll be downloading this sweet mod. It is 3D, more units, more options, better gameplay. Oh, and the civilizations are: Galactic Republic (Old Republic), Confederacy, Galactic Empire, and Rebel Alliance.

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

Actually, i've known about it for quite a while and think it's rubbish. They haefor too many units, used multiple units to do the same thing, and left movie units out in favour of EU.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Darth Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Admiral Vostok
Lord of Star Wars Purists

I was on the staff for the Imperial Assault mod as a coder, because I was keen to get another Star Wars RTS. However, I quit recently because of pretty much the reasons Darth Windu gave.

Having joined late I was powerless to show those in charge the error of their ways. They've tried to include every crappy little bit of EU, which leads to not only far too many units, with little or no thought towards how they'll actually fit into the game, but also makes the game feel as un-Star-Warsy as possible.

The mod definitely had potential, but it will be far worse than Clone Campaigns, both in gameplay and Star-Warsy-ness.

When (or more likely if) they get finished, I might re-code it and make a mod for myself using their models and skins but making it more like Star Wars.

Admiral Vostok, Star Wars Scholar and Lord of the Star Wars Purists.

Check out Admiral Vostok's plan for a new Star Wars RTS
Admiral Vostok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
Sithmaster_821
Ensemble Fanboy

Yet another reason to laugh at the people who said that GB was nothing more than a complex mod. The designers of this game did a good job, much better than any mod team.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."-Albert Einstein
Sithmaster_821 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
LOL, very true, all of you.

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > Community > GalacticBattles.com > Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds > Galactic Discussion > Star Wars RTS Game (New!!)