lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Addicted to puzzles?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Addicted to puzzles?

I am slightly worried about my little brother. He acts odd.

I showed him how to play DOTT and he wanted to try too. Now, he doesn't understand much of English, but he still loves the game. He has completed it twice already (with me telling how to solve the puzzles) and he still keeps starting over and over again from the beginning. Now he doesn't need me anymore because he remembers the solutions by heart.

What's wrong with him? He has no idea what is going on since he doesn't understand the dialogue. He just solves the puzzles over and over again and laughs at Dr. Fred.

A future adventure gamer maniac in the making? He might enjoy them more if he learned English, though.

He has done the same thing with Grim Fandango. The Dig and Sam&Max haven't interested him very much.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Sanspoof

He sounds like a pretty dedicated gamer indeed. Hey, who doesn't laugh at Doctor Fred?
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2004, 01:48 PM   #3
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, but my brother imitates him too. If I am around when he plays he starts to do that thing with his hands and cackles "The plans! The plans!". It's weird.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Addicted to puzzles?