lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Really cool mods
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-26-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
MasterN64

Post Really cool mods

I am new to the Jedi Knight game. I have completed it and now i want to know what cool mods i could play with it now. So tell me what u think!

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear and yet the will to go on...
MasterN64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2003, 01:33 AM   #2
shukrallah
White Dragon

well, ive had JK for almost 2 yrs, but i never got anything at all... i just got Saber Battle X, it was soooo kool. It made the sabers so much better than the normal ones... go to www.massassi.net for everything you need.
shukrallah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Massassi is the biggest (Admiral's Command Chambers is a hosted site there with reviewed SP maps).

You can also try 3do.jediknight.net for Al MacDonald's site (skins master) and www.jediknight.net/jkmag/ for BFP2X, Manowars2/3 and other great mods!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-29-2003, 11:42 AM   #4
MasterN64

thx guys. Massassi does have a lot of Jedi Knight mods. And SBX3.1 RULES!

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the presence of fear and yet the will to go on...
MasterN64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2004, 04:19 PM   #5
xQuarkds9x
Lurker

SBX 3.1, in my honest opinion (IMHO) tries way too hard to imitate the movies as well as JO/JA and falls flat on it's face doing so

- When it takes 5-6 shield hits to kill someone in a regular saber or staff duel, that's way too long and just drags it all out. At least with regular JK sabers the killing and action was much more faster paced to say the least.

- Glowsabers. I'm probably one of the few who never did like glowsabers much, and ever since that was released, everyone and their dog copied it anyway. It's worse when rookies to the game don't even know how to turn off the lightsaber trails from those glowsabs and then cause a crapload of lag.

- Force Push. Abused all too often when you can send someone flying a good distance so that a person can't get back up that easily.

- The MSN Gaming Zone thing. You don't see many people playing SBX on the zone. A lot of people dont, especially those like me who have been playing 5 or more years now, the mod is often considered "for newbs" on the zone.

"You must master your joystick as a fisherman masters bait!" - Gimpy (Undergrads)
xQuarkds9x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
_PerfectAgent_

My two favorites are Jedi Ball and Blaster Tag. Though they're not exactly mods, just regular levels with added cogs, making a new "gametype" but they're really great! You should try them.
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2004, 01:45 AM   #7
Zappa_0
JOM Director

Yea you will find everything you will need at good ole Massassi.net!
Zappa_0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2004, 02:43 PM   #8
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Originally posted by xQuarkds9x
SBX 3.1, in my honest opinion (IMHO) tries way too hard to imitate the movies as well as JO/JA and falls flat on it's face doing so

- When it takes 5-6 shield hits to kill someone in a regular saber or staff duel, that's way too long and just drags it all out. At least with regular JK sabers the killing and action was much more faster paced to say the least.

- Glowsabers. I'm probably one of the few who never did like glowsabers much, and ever since that was released, everyone and their dog copied it anyway. It's worse when rookies to the game don't even know how to turn off the lightsaber trails from those glowsabs and then cause a crapload of lag.

- Force Push. Abused all too often when you can send someone flying a good distance so that a person can't get back up that easily.

- The MSN Gaming Zone thing. You don't see many people playing SBX on the zone. A lot of people dont, especially those like me who have been playing 5 or more years now, the mod is often considered "for newbs" on the zone.
Since I don't play JK online, I guess I won't make anyone angry about saying I love that mod. You actually have more than 2 lightsaber swings!

Even though it makes the Dark jedi NPC's easy to kill....

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
i liked SBX mod alot, it was great for us saber fans the later versions made it easy to turn off trails, simple push of a button.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2004, 07:26 PM   #10
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
MotS CTF was cool. THere was even a "Coop" mod out there (actually several coop maps for JK).

There was even a "Qbert" style mod (jump on boxes to have them change color) and JK Pong!

PS: Here's the link to another section of Al's site that's updated more often (though this section is focused on the comics, not his skins):

http://3do.jediknight.net/dcm.htm

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2004, 12:23 AM   #11
_PerfectAgent_

Don't forget about JK Chess!
_PerfectAgent_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > Really cool mods