lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: milkshape or gmax?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-25-2003, 11:49 AM   #1
Mercenary

milkshape or gmax?

I want to make an md3 and I would like to know from experienced modellers if it's easier to create in gmax or milkshape. Texture mapping in gmax looks like it might be a pain in the ass, it lacks some 3ds max features from what I read. Building the model isn't a problem but applying textures to a model seems tricky, unlike mapping. Any comments or suggestions (I'm a n00b so go easy).
Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Sorry, but I cant help you. What I CAN say is that if you want to ue 3ds max download the trial version.

You can get an xsi exporter for max 6 here

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Mercenary

Thanks for the info but did you bother to check the date of the thread? I've already since learned how to model and unwrap and skin.
Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #4
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
No, actually I didnt, but I was on a posting role so I just posted anyway. Glad things worked out for you

HEY! Maybe you can help me! I need a desann body with a reborn head and a cape, could you do this for me?:quesbrn:

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Modeling > milkshape or gmax?