lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars DVD Replacement Plan (read here if having problems)
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2004, 06:35 AM   #1
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Exclamation Star Wars DVD Replacement Plan (read here if having problems)

http://digitalbits.com/index.html#real

Digitalbits.com reports that:

Quote:
While we're on the subject of the Star Wars DVDs, we've been getting many, many questions and complaints about the audio changes and "music issues" on A New Hope. All we can tell you is that Lucasfilm claims the audio on the disc is exactly as they intended it to be. HOWEVER, we are also getting a lot of complaints from readers who have been experiencing a disc playback problem with A New Hope. Apparently, on many players, the disc freezes for a few seconds (we suspect near the layer switch point) and then skips ahead several minutes. Fox Customer Service is taking the names and addresses of people who are experiencing this problem so they can arrange to send you a fixed replacement disc. You can call them at 888-223-2FOX. Again, this addresses the freezing problem only. This is not a replacement for any sound issues. Just FYI.
Hope this is helpful to people. I'm considering doing it myself as I've noticed some odd glitches on my disc (I just assumed it was a PowerDVD issue, now I'm convinced it's not just me).

In a somewhat related vein, here's an chat transcript with the guy responsible for the DVD set:

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp...ling092104.htm

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn

Last edited by Kurgan; 10-02-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Original Trilogy > Star Wars DVD Replacement Plan (read here if having problems)