lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to work a Misc_Model_Static?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2004, 05:45 AM   #1
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
How to work a Misc_Model_Static?

I'm sick of searching on forums where no one says anything about anything, so i'll just flat out ask, how do you work a misc_model_static?

I know how to script, but misc_model_statics confuse me, I click the model button on the entity but the model doesn't show up in radiant, and in game I get the error:
Quote:
Error: Misc_Model_Static failed to open 'models/map_objects/FoD/Blades.md3'
What is the problem?
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
EvilJedi
Rookie

Just make a misc_model, then select the one you want. Then change the classname from misc_model to misc_model_static. Next time you load your map, your new statics will show up as red squares THIS IS OK THEY WILL STILL SHOW UP INGAME.

And if you get that error, then that model_static cannot be found for that model, in other words, just do a normal misc_model.

If models don't show up, make sure you didn't filter out the models (press shift+M)
EvilJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
IG-64

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilJedi
Just make a misc_model, then select the one you want. Then change the classname from misc_model to misc_model_static. Next time you load your map, your new statics will show up as red squares THIS IS OK THEY WILL STILL SHOW UP INGAME.

And if you get that error, then that model_static cannot be found for that model, in other words, just do a normal misc_model.

If models don't show up, make sure you didn't filter out the models (press shift+M)

K thx
IG-64 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
EvilJedi
Rookie

Only times I ever use misc_model_static s is if I get a model that is textured black (bacta tank, etc). Just make it a misc_model_static and it will show up fine.
(If you use the lightsabers, then many of them appear black, at least for me, but I think those depend on what your video setup for JA is)
Old 10-03-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
JkRaVeN
Rookie

Its good to use it for models like the yavin glowlight too because then you get the glow effect and with misc_model you donít =)
JkRaVeN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #6
EvilJedi
Rookie

Hmm... I didn't know that. Thanks. Is this with pretty much every model that has some specific effect or shader on it? It sure seems that way.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #7
JkRaVeN
Rookie

I think so
JkRaVeN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > How to work a Misc_Model_Static?