View Poll Results: What is the Worst Fationc
CIS 28 36.84%
Galatic Empire 3 3.95%
Republic 5 6.58%
Rebel Alliance 16 21.05%
They're all balanced! Can't pick! 24 31.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Worst Faction?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-05-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
RebelScum!
Forumite

Question Worst Faction?

1 CIS

2 Republic

3 Galatic Empire

4 Rebel Alliance

Join the BBF

SWbattlefront name:RebelScum!
Check out my Site
RebelScum! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #2
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

I think they're all pretty balanced.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Quote:
Originally posted by TK-8252
I think they're all pretty balanced.
Agreed.

Sig encountering technical difficulties...
Evil Dark Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 01:05 AM   #4
Mr. Fragster
Rookie

I agree...very balanced, like the way it is.
Mr. Fragster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 02:28 AM   #5
Stingray
Rookie

is it possible to add the option of "they are all balanced"? since when this poll has 'ended', only THEN we'll be able to conlcude if all is balanced or not. This way, those that feel it's balanced have no choice of voting and cause the poll to be biased.

btw: I voted CIS since the only big difference with other factions are the special units and the droideka is pretty useless, IMO. The rebel special unit isn't that great either, but at least it has a grenade launcher which can be of use sometimes + their vanguard shoots 2 missiles at a time which is pretty handy as well. The good use of the jetclones and the imperial darktrooper is undeniable (although the darktrooper doesn't have that special a gun).

Belly-button lasers! I've seen them!
Stingray is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 03:33 AM   #6
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

I dont think the droideka is useless. When I use it the shots go in two straight lines. Like the way it is supposed to be. And the shield is very balanced.

Old 10-06-2004, 04:34 AM   #7
RebelScum!
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Stingray
is it possible to add the option of "they are all balanced"? since when this poll has 'ended', only THEN we'll be able to conlcude if all is balanced or not. This way, those that feel it's balanced have no choice of voting and cause the poll to be biased.
Your right they are pretty balanced.... but I just hate the rebels but ill try to fix the poll

EDIT: Dang it! Edit Poll is mod only

Join the BBF

SWbattlefront name:RebelScum!
Check out my Site
RebelScum! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 06:23 AM   #8
Blimbo
Rookie

I chose the CIS. On a lot of maps the jet trooper gives them such an advantage at capping points that they suffer greatly.
Blimbo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 06:47 AM   #9
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by RebelScum1
EDIT: Dang it! Edit Poll is mod only
Done. Anyone who wants to change their vote let me know.

try to get a smaller sig (in height), it now fills up quite some space

I first thought CIS, but after looking into it a whle its all balanced. Super BD have a great chance vs jet troopers if they do it right etc, everyone now just needs to train more

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 07:36 AM   #10
Kyral

Quote:
Originally posted by Blimbo
I chose the CIS. On a lot of maps the jet trooper gives them such an advantage at capping points that they suffer greatly.
The CIS is the Confederation of Independent Systems, the Seperatists.

They don't have the Jet-Trooper. I think you mean the Republic.

And I like alle the factions. I will vote for "balanced" when the poll is updated.
Kyral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 07:52 AM   #11
Willybone
Rookie

I find that the Droids lose more often than not, in the games I'm in.
But, they're my favorite team anyway. After several rounds of losing and people leaving, I'm sometimes the only human left on the CIS team. Just the way I like it.
Willybone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 AM   #12
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Kyral, he did mean that. He meant that the clones with jet trooper give the CIS such a disadvantage, and the poll is updated. Thanks for the acronym though

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Old 10-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #13
JediJohn
Forumite

CIS maybe im bad with them but i mostly seem to lose as them

JediJohn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 12:15 PM   #14
beard
Rookie

I voted CIS, but what this poll doesnt show is to what level of balance there is...
so my 2cents:
CIS isn't that much worse than other teams. I love the sniper's double zoom, and for those still in the learning curve of aiming well - the assualt droid's tri-shot is nice.

Only reason i picked CIS is because in most situations droideka is just awful. I only use it in 3 situations.
1. when being CP camped, the shield is somewhat helpful (but when it goes down a strong breeze could kill you )
2. If i need to get to a ungaurded/far away CP & take it over fast.
3. For fun. (then i die shortly thereafter and go back to a better class).

-Beard-
beard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #15
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

So stupid, after one thousand 'what faction do you like best' posts we weren't able to think of this

I think they did a perfect job balancing, but I like the rebels less then the other factions.

Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #16
Blimbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Alegis

I first thought CIS, but after looking into it a whle its all balanced. Super BD have a great chance vs jet troopers if they do it right etc, everyone now just needs to train more
They have a great chance but they often start out way behind. An organized group of jet troopers can have all points capped before the bots ( - droideka) can even get to one. Especially on maps where each team starts with one, and platforms are a jet troopers best friend. I've seen a lot more maps end in 3 mins with the Republic the victor than vice versa.

That said, I prefer to play the CIS for the challenge and the SBD is a probably the most versatile class in the game.

Edit: Removed a [/B]. And in my original post I did have some confusing pronoun usage. "Them" = Republic, "They" = CIS
Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #17
Iceman_IX

Every faction has their drawbacks (Rebels: the wookiee sucks. Sniper not as good. Lack of mobility in their classes. Pilot's gun sucks. Empire: jettrooper's gun sucks, pilot sucks. Clones: pilot sucks. CIS: droiddeka is hit or miss, guns all-around suck.) but the CIS I think are the worst. Their guns seem innacurate on the whole (probably just from not using them much) and the droiddeka is almost worthless most of the time. Even if you know how to use it, being stationery is killer and you are a big big target. They lack a really good side that every other faction seems to have. Empire has good vehicles and all their classes fill a role. Clones have the best units. Rebels have double-shot missile launcher and good anti-infantry and anti-vehicle.

XFire id: icemanix
NF7 | MBarton 2500 200x12.5 @1.875v
OCZ3200EL 2x256+512 @11-3-3-2
eVGA 6800GT | SB Live 5.1
Antec 430 | SLK-900 @53C load
Iiyama E431S | XDreamerII @30C
3dMark05: 4111
nForcersHQ
Iceman_IX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 10:39 PM   #18
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

The clone pilot is very good if you know how to use the gun. I am very good with it. You need to get really close and charge the gun to get a droid in one hit.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #19
shrinker
Rookie

If the game is balanced then the CIS won't win this poll. From the current results though it looks like it will.

The problem with this game is that the CIS seem to suffer unfairly. Whether that's because they're the weaker side I don't know but I do see a lot of servers where human Republic players vastly outnumber CIS players. That's because of a couple of things...

1. Many players think the CIS are underpowered (true or not it doesn't matter)
2. They're just not cool. Take heed Lucas, robot armies are rubbish!

The game needs a system to encourage balanced teams on player select servers. At the moment, thanks to the crappy player list you can't even tell if the teams are unbalanced.
shrinker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 02:49 AM   #20
Stingray
Rookie

In my experience the CIS usually loses as well when the teams are balanced. That is, if player select isn't enabled.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:55 AM   #21
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

Normally when I be CIS, CIS win. Dont know why but its true.

Old 10-07-2004, 03:48 AM   #22
teeth_03
Rookie

saying this just from single player experiences,I say the Rebels,IMO,the wookie is more useless then the droideka,the droideka can probably take out a few non-jet trooper units befire she gets blown. The wookie..barely looks like a wookie,not tall enuf...

"In the absence of light,darkness prevails"
E-Mail and MSN-Teeth_03@hotmail.com
teeth_03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:31 AM   #23
Kyral

Quote:
Originally posted by Alegis
Kyral, he did mean that. He meant that the clones with jet trooper give the CIS such a disadvantage
Oh! I thought he meant that the Republic is too powerful because of the Jet-Troopers and thats why he don't like them.

Anyway... As i promised, i voted for "balanced"
Kyral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 07:42 AM   #24
Neon
Veteran

republic, but to bad the standart droid isn' in the MP

Neon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 08:16 AM   #25
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Wookiees don't suck iceman. The timebomb is extremely powerfull (4 to take down shield thing in endor, 1 for an at-st etc) And the bowcaster is very powerful. Though indeed, you'll want to stick next to buildings etc like the pilot to engage in close combat (one good shot is a kill)

Old 10-07-2004, 02:11 PM   #26
shrinker
Rookie

It's 2 time bombs for an AT-ST, not 1, possibly more if there's pilots inside. That's still not bad though.
shrinker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM   #27
Evil Dark Jedi
The Dark Side pwns!

True the wookiees dont suck. I am good with them. Normally get around 15 kills before I die as a wookiee.

Old 10-09-2004, 08:30 AM   #28
primalunderdog

ON topic= The CIS is the worst by far.

primalunderdog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2004, 09:28 AM   #29
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
Definately CIS...They suck

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #30
Pingu
Lurker

They're all pretty balanced, though CIS is not so good.

So i voted balanced.

Hey Luke, whos yo daddy!?
Pingu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-09-2004, 05:04 PM   #31
JawaJoey
Forumite

I'm surprised that so many people think the CIS are the worst.

Here's how I see it stacking up:

Assault: Pretty much all the same, except for SBD, which I think is a great unit and is better than the rest.

Heavy Weapons: Pretty much all the same. Rebs get the 2 shot advantage, though.

Pilot (on foot): CIS/Empire- sucks. Rebs- Gun good in some situations, bad in others, I don't like it. Clones: Haven't experimented with the gun enough to judge.

Sniper- Rebs/ Droids have the extra zoom, which IMO is the only thing that makes snipers even remotely useful in this game.

Wookiee smuggler- Don't like it. Time bomb has limited uses, slow weapons, big ugly wookiee makes good target.

Jet Trooper- haven't played a whole lot, but seems pretty good, despite slow primary weapon.

Dark Trooper- Sucks. Sucks I hate it. It sucks.

Droideka- only special unit I actually am ever inclined to use. Has strengths and weaknesses, fun to use, not as easy as it looks.

Overall, I'd say it's pretty balanced, and I don't see what sucks about CIS. If it all comes down to Special unit, as some say, then I say Empire loses hands down.

Dark trooper sucks.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2004, 12:43 PM   #32
MURS
Rookie

hey this is a good poll....

I'd say the weakest faction is the Rebel Alliance, even though i like to play them, they are the weakest.

My reasons for thinking that are because, they don't have a jetpacker, and i think the wookiee is fairly useless.

I like being CIS and they they are fairly strong, with the Super Battle Droid, and the Droidika is a really good unit to be (if you know how to use it)

But overall... yes they are nicely balanced, besides the special units, the regular infantry is all the same.
MURS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2004, 03:35 PM   #33
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
All balances. People voted CIS just because they're unpopular, not because they're actually unbalanced.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2004, 05:49 PM   #34
Blimbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
All balances. People voted CIS just because they're unpopular, not because they're actually unbalanced.
I love the CIS (I'm a Robotics Engineer though). They are at a distinct disadvantage though in the mobility department on specific maps. It is obvious when on Kamino and a diverse group of droids face a team of Jet Troopers. If both sides are equally skilled and numbered, the droids will find themselves defending their starting spawn in 2 minutes or less. There needs to be something done to fix this. It may be as simple as emptying the jet pack on spawn and/or giving them a re-use delay similar to the Dark Trooper.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:39 AM   #35
Stingray
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
So you immidiately assume that we you think is true? Isn't that a bit naive?

I have no reason to find the CIS inpopular because how the talk or how they look. Nor have I preference for any faction because of it's 'coolness'.

Sure there are ppl choosing a faction because they find em cool, but that goes for all factions so the votes balance eachother out.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:10 AM   #36
Dragnarr
Rookie

First of all, they are pretty balanced, I would just complain about the vehicle unbalancing overall ( enemy vehicle shoots a wall 5 meter next to you, you die )

Wookiee, It isn't useless, the bowcaster is great if you know how to use it. Also that class has granade launcher if you dont like the bow. Only problem I see with it is the timebomb. Yeah it might be great on Endor but useless on other maps. What I would suggest is make the timebomb stick into vehicles ( Hmmmmm Im not sure if it does that' haven't tested )

Droideka, this is what Im most concerned about. How the hell do Jedi fear droidekas if one jet or arc trooper can bust one down. I know it's all about balance, but from my part I'd like the shield be more powerful. It's still dead easy to blow one up with granade as the droideka is very slow when shooting and shielded. But then again, it totally depends if you're playing on 32 server or in a clan match of 5 vs 5. In crowded situations droideka is useless, it wont even get to roll open before it is blasted, and in one on one, well it can kill most ( excluding jet and arc trooper ). Best thing would be to make it faster when walking.

So the game is balanced for clan matches, but not that well for pubs

Overlord of the Demonic Monsters clan

|DeMo|

http://www.democlan.tk/
Dragnarr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #37
Micahc
Rookie

I voted that they are all balenced mostly because they are!
I don't get why every one says that the darktroopers are horrible, you just have to know how to use them. Yes in most cases their gun is total crud because you cant kill from distances like you can with the sniper or ordanary blaster; but thats why God created jetpacks! If you can get in close with a darktrooper its a one shot KO. Same with the Destroyer Droid. If you get in close to an Arc Trooper the blast radius will kill him to and only deplete your shield. The Clone Troopers don't have much against you so the only things to watch out for are Jet Troopers and Vehicles.
Wow; that was a big post for me
Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #38
Stingray
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Micahc
I voted that they are all balenced mostly because they are!
I don't get why every one says that the darktroopers are horrible, you just have to know how to use them. Yes in most cases their gun is total crud because you cant kill from distances like you can with the sniper or ordanary blaster; but thats why God created jetpacks! If you can get in close with a darktrooper its a one shot KO.
I agree about the Darktrooper being a usefull class. Even if there firepower isn't that strong, does it have to? The DT is highly mobile and capping control points is his forte. if you want firepower, pick the standard soldier or heavy damage.

Quote:
Same with the Destroyer Droid. If you get in close to an Arc Trooper the blast radius will kill him to and only deplete your shield.
note: this requires a very stupid Arc trooper or only happens in accidents. Both are too rare in the game to have a real advantage.

Quote:
The Clone Troopers don't have much against you so the only things to watch out for are Jet Troopers and Vehicles.
Agreed, but the point is that usually about half or more of the clone team consists of jettroopers, causing the droideka useless most of the time (as far as I have experienced).

Last edited by Stingray; 10-11-2004 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:46 AM   #39
Micahc
Rookie

Quote:
I agree about the Darktrooper being a usefull class. Even if there firepower isn't that strong, does it have to? The DT is highly mobile and capping control points is his forte. if you want firepower, pick the standard soldier or heavy damage.

note: this requires a very stupid Arc trooper or only happens in accidents. Both are too rare in the game to have a real advantage.

Agreed, but the point is that usually about half or more of the clone team consists of jettroopers, causing the droideka useless most of the time (as far as I have experienced).[/B] [/B]
Curses and intelligent reply. How often does that happen? At least some one agrees with me about Darktroopers, if you want to peg someone safely PICK A SNIPER dark troopers are close range anti-infantry. And if you read the discription about his gun it says "The single most brutal CLOSE-RANGE anit-infantry weapon" so that being said you have to get in close to your oponent hence THE JET PACK! Wow what a concept!
And about the Destroyer Droid Stingray was right but if there is an abundance of jet troopers choose a unit that you can beat them with. Correct me if I'm wrong but try to choose there weaness first before you get all angry, and if you did go for single player until the abundance of Jet Troopers drops down
Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #40
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
So you immidiately assume that we you think is true? Isn't that a bit naive?

I have no reason to find the CIS inpopular because how the talk or how they look. Nor have I preference for any faction because of it's 'coolness'.
And you assume that what you think is true?
From the other posts, you can see that there is a strange dislike of the robotic army in general.

Quote:
Sure there are ppl choosing a faction because they find em cool, but that goes for all factions so the votes balance eachother out.
It does not goes for all of them. Let's say 20% of the voters like the Rebels, 30% likes the Empire, 40% likes the Republic and only 10% likes the CIS, how can the votes be balanced out?

Also, from older polls pre-release, the CIS got the least votes when the question was:"What civ are you going to like best?"

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Worst Faction?