lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Outcast
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #1
ramy
Rookie

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Outcast

Does anyone know if someone has made a MOD to work for Jedi Outcast. I may be ignorant about this topic, but why is the Dark Forces MOD that is under the works being made for Jedi Academy and not Outcast?

Also what are your favorite MOD's for Jedi Outcast?

ramy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 04:49 PM   #2
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

The Dark Forces TC mod started off as a mod for Jedi Outcast. That was back before people even knew that Raven was developing Jedi Academy. When news of the sequel emerged, the team decided to change plans and make the mod for JA instead of JO. The reason; JA's extra features (aka more weapons, textures, large creatures as enemies) makes it much easier to create that old school Dark Forces feel than JO allowed. However, they did create a one-level demo of the mod for JO before making the switch. That level can be found here.

The team is still hard at the mod, and is almost done with a three-level demo for JA.

As for some of my favorite mods, there's a ton of great ones out there. For SP levels and mods, the first Dark Forces demo and the Colosseum mod are two of the best. A few other great ones that come to mind are Dash Rendar: Resurgence, Ladders 1 and 2, Spice Mines of Kessel, Project Lighthouse, Kyle's Nightmare, Nar Shaada Once Again, Hoth: Imperial Base and Escape from Takron-Galtos (dang, I remembered more than I thought!). All of these can be found at www.map-review.com

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
ramy
Rookie

Thanks, I'll definitely have to check those out, and I look forward to seeing the DF MOD's for JA.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:33 AM   #4
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
For the record, the demo kicks ass.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #5
ramy
Rookie

I can't get any of the mods to work with JO. When I try to run SP mode, when I click on setup and MODS it doesn't show the folders for the mods even though they're in the GameData folder. However the mod folders did show up when I ran the MP.exe file. But that's kinda useless for SP mods. The only thing I think it could be is the "Patched to version 1.4" thing, which I don't really understand what that meant....any clues?

Old 10-07-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

The "Patch" refers to game updates that Raven released for JO. It's a good idea to update to the latest version of the patch (1.04), otherwise the mods may not work correctly.

You can get the 1.04 patch here.

Hope this helps.

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #7
ramy
Rookie

That did the trick! I didn't have the patch, and now it works great! Thanks. These mods definitely rock.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
Sign of Haro
Lurker

I'm curious about something.

Is it possible to use the Dark Forces mod Blaster Rifle and Bryar Pistol models in the JO/JA single player and MP? Or are the models already out, and I'm just not looking hard enough? I recently downloaded the demo and was amazed at the whole thing. And I really fell in love with the new player view weapon models, they were much better than their JO counterparts.
Sign of Haro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 08:49 PM   #9
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sign of Haro
I'm curious about something.

Is it possible to use the Dark Forces mod Blaster Rifle and Bryar Pistol models in the JO/JA single player and MP? Or are the models already out, and I'm just not looking hard enough? I recently downloaded the demo and was amazed at the whole thing. And I really fell in love with the new player view weapon models, they were much better than their JO counterparts.
You can do so, you'd just have to extract the weapon models and skin files out of the DF mod demo's pk3.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #10
metalmonkey05
Lurker

stuff

burn burn burn
die die die

star wars Jedi knight 2 rocks!

mmm, dohnuts
metalmonkey05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Outcast