lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Was Qui-Gon just a pawn in Palpatine's scheme?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #41
Lieutenant_kettch
Forumite

that is a good theory, one i believe makes sense, good job Shok
Lieutenant_kettch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 04:31 AM   #42
adillon

i like that thinking, shok ... especially this one line

he was usefull, but to be eventually disposed of

which i believe can relate to just about anyone palpatine was directly associated with ... everything and everyone just as long as he gained ultimate and unchallenged power.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #43
Andy867
McCan Caoma

Well, my theory is that the Force meant for things to happen because whether or not we try to control it, is ultimately controls us to where it can make things happen to balance itself out. Why else would it have created Anakin skywalker when there was no father figure? Why else would it have been on tattooine, where Qui-gon and Obi-wan would end up. It was all destiny to where not even Palpatine could control the outcome because he was never in control of the Force, only made to believe he was so that the Force could run its own path.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #44
Lieutenant_kettch
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867
Well, my theory is that the Force meant for things to happen because whether or not we try to control it, is ultimately controls us to where it can make things happen to balance itself out. Why else would it have created Anakin skywalker when there was no father figure? Why else would it have been on tattooine, where Qui-gon and Obi-wan would end up. It was all destiny to where not even Palpatine could control the outcome because he was never in control of the Force, only made to believe he was so that the Force could run its own path.
i will agree with you for the most part, but i do think that the Force allows some room for choice. It allows each Jedi or Sith to choose how to allocate the force and what to do with their lives. So i think it is safe to say that Palpatine was in control of the force to some degree, just so long as the force saw balance at some point, which is all i think the force cares about.

Why else would jedi be worried about going to the dark side, unless they had a choice. Because, according to your theory, the Force would ultimately decide If a force-user will be light or darlk, in which case, those force-users wouldn't have to be held accountable for how they use the force if the force controls them, not vica-versa.
Lieutenant_kettch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #45
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut

Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy867
is ultimately controls us
partially, but it also obeys our commands - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #46
Andy867
McCan Caoma

The force obeys our commands when it sees that it is fulfilling the its own agenda... Why else would the Force not allow the light-side to see what the dark-side was up to (being with Palpatine and Dooku planning the Clone War)? It was wanting to play out its plan by the best way that it saw to be with the ultimate outcome: Balance in the Force.

Sure there may be flaws in my theory but I think it would best explain some things that otherwise remain a mystery.

Shut yo face before I punch you in the mouth, break your teeth and call you Snaggle-tooth.
Andy867 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #47
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut

Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Its not that the force did not allow the Jedi to know about what the Sith were up to, its that the Sith would not, they are the ones who were clouding their vision. If the force always saw to it that its will was carried out, how would there be practitioners of the dark side at all?
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #48
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Quote:
Originally posted by Lynk Former
Just about everyone was Palpy's pawn really.
so are you lynky, so are you

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Was Qui-Gon just a pawn in Palpatine's scheme?