lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Why this won't be the 'Ultimate SW Experience' y'all want...
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-17-2004, 12:00 AM   #81
Schetter
Rookie

Hate to say "I told you so" - but I called this one a mile away.

As for my initial post for this topic: Battlefront combines most aspects of the SW universe into one package, but does some of them kinda well and others just atrociously. The infantry dynamic is close to what it should be but the guns might as well be Super Soakers for the damage they deal out, and the soldiers can jump and dodge all day like they're freakin Superman. The vehicles are cool and makes it all 'movie-like' but they're pretty overpowered as far as taking out infantry goes. The starfighter dynamic just plain sucks on PC. Good ideas, nice try, but giving PC people a console port and charging them $50 bucks for it is gonna piss some people off.

As for my second post here: LA was concerned with one thing - cashing in on the Battlefield market, and that they did, just as I said they would, because this game would have reached and has reached 'top 10' lists regardless of it's quality just because it's Star Wars. (Nod head here.) Now we're left with a game that was released before it was finished and seriously lacks in the area that it was by all means obligated to shine in: multiplayer.

I, personally, am going to pick up the Trillogy on DVD (because that was Lucas at his prime), and then am never going to give another penny to the Lucas empire again. I will not see Ep III. I will not buy another SW-related game. I WILL NOT BE HAD AGAIN.

You want my cash Mr. Lucas? THEN DONT PUT HALF FINISHED GAMES ON THE F**KING SHELF BECAUSE IT WOULD BE NEAT TO PUSH IT WITH THE DVDS! You lose loyal fans that way - at least you've lost this one.

techmonkey@excite.com
#twl_sw - irc.gamesurge.net
XFire - 194schetter
Schetter is offline   you may:
Old 10-17-2004, 12:12 AM   #82
xVigilantex
Rookie

I only read your last post, but I don't need to be told why this game is crap in it's current state.
xVigilantex is offline   you may:
Old 10-17-2004, 12:15 AM   #83
melted_one
Rookie

^^^ Was it necessary to bring back a 5 month old thread?

Edit- The second person above me.

VIVA LA REVIEW!!
melted_one is offline   you may:
Old 10-17-2004, 03:50 AM   #84
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
LmaO, research abit before flaming the game, and btw. LucasArts didn't make bF, it was Pandemic

Pho3nix is offline   you may:
Old 10-17-2004, 11:52 AM   #85
Schetter
Rookie

Research what exactly?

As for LA having nothing to do with the production of this game - try reading this thread, it's already been hashed out and I've already refuted that point.

LA obviously set the timetable for this game to coincide with the DVDs. Obviously Pandemic didn't have the resources to put out a polished product in that time frame. Obviously LA was just out to make a fast buck or otherwise they would have held at least the PC version back a few months until it was really ready to go 'Gold.'

All rather obvious to me...

techmonkey@excite.com
#twl_sw - irc.gamesurge.net
XFire - 194schetter
Schetter is offline   you may:
Old 10-17-2004, 12:04 PM   #86
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Point made (about the old thread). Feel free to start a new topic or link to this one if necessary.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Why this won't be the 'Ultimate SW Experience' y'all want...