lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mega Reinforcement MOD
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
gui1e
Rookie

Mega Reinforcement MOD

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/juesue/Battlefront.zip

Here is the second beta of a reinforcement mod/trainer for people to try out. Once running it can either freeze reinforcements at 999 or switch it off to let them deplete from 999. No modification of game files are needed. Simple instructions are included.

gui1e
gui1e is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
Bronc

Has anyone else got this to work?
Bronc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
Yun
Rookie

I can't seem to get it to work at all.
Yun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
gui1e
Rookie

here are a few piccies of how the trainer should look when working and a game screen.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/juesue/piccies.zip

gui1e
Old 10-12-2004, 05:28 AM   #5
gui1e
Rookie

Unhappy

I've borrowed my brothers laptop and installed battlefront to see what the problem is. I'm suprised to see that the trainer/mod does'nt work on my brothers laptop. My only conclusion is that we can only make this type of memory modifying trainer/mod for individual computers each one unique. Damn.

gui1e
Old 10-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #6
Cyclone7
Rookie

Does this mod work just with single player, or does it support multi-player too?

Does it work with the dedicated server?

EDIT: after reading your post above, I'm assuming you mean each system needs to be tweaked this way or it won't work?
Cyclone7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
It's a trainer, trainers are SP modifications. (cheats)

So no reinforcements yet

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 07:41 AM   #8
gui1e
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclone7
Does this mod work just with single player, or does it support multi-player too?

Does it work with the dedicated server?

EDIT: after reading your post above, I'm assuming you mean each system needs to be tweaked this way or it won't work?
It only worked on instant action. wouldn't work on multiplay.

gui1e
Old 10-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #9
naaitsab
Lurker

it don't work
naaitsab is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #10
clone captain
Rookie

dos this mod really works
clone captain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #11
clone captain
Rookie

Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #12
clone captain
Rookie

Old 10-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #13
gui1e
Rookie

Unfortunatly it does'nt. It seems that this type of memory hacking and modifying values are unique to each machine. you could always try memhack and try it yourself.

gui1e
Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 PM   #14
zudatron
Rookie

I just used memhack to create an infinite reinforcements (stuck at 999) trainer exe for my client. Works so far between levels and Battlefront.exe restarts.

Since the memory locations of the two variables are subject to change on different systems, everyone probably has to do this for themselves.

I played a "domination" style game on Hoth (single player) and after about an hour the Imperials had us down to just one of the outposts. It was great though, knowing that the battle would rage on for as long as it took.

I'd like to try this on the stand alone PC server to see if it works on-line. Anyone tried this yet? I'll report what I discover.
zudatron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 09:05 PM   #15
zudatron
Rookie

Ok I just made a custom trainer for the stand alone PC server executable and it worked.

I couldn't actually log into my server to test it because the game wouldn't load while the server was running, but I could see the 999 reinforcements for both teams on in server display window.

Given gui1e's experience there is probably no point trying the trainer on any other system.

But if server admins are interested they can make trainers for themselves and provide a different game style choice for players.

Hopefully this procedure generalizes somewhat so people don't have to make their own trainers.

Thanks gui1e for introducing the memhack strategy. I've wanted this feature since the game came out.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:55 AM   #16
naaitsab
Lurker

how can u make a trainer with memhack
naaitsab is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #17
zudatron
Rookie

What do people think about memory hacks? Are they useful to the mod community or are they more likely to facilitate weenies hacking their own server to give themselves an advantage?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #18
zudatron
Rookie

Another question.

I want to set up an "Infinite Reinforcements" server using the memory hack, but I don't want to adversely affect the online game as a whole.

I can imagine this screwing up the leaderboard stats (let's assume they work to be safe). Infinite reinforcement maps can take hours to play and someone could rack up hundreds of kills by spawn camping and such. Who knows what else.

I want to offer a different play experience since it's possible but I'd like to get a sense if this is the right thing to do or not.

It sounds like a patch coming soon will allow larger reinforcements anyway.

Feedback anyone?
Old 10-16-2004, 12:54 AM   #19
gui1e
Rookie

I tried to set up a lan multiplayer game with this mod (which works on my machine) as the host. Fortunatly/unfortunatly there other computer refused to join the game so this I'd guess that this type of memory hacking won't spoil someones game by cheaters.

naaitsab, memhack comes with basic instructions to get you started.

As the next patch is going to include a reinforcement mod I'm not going to continue looking into this.

gui1e
Old 10-20-2004, 01:35 PM   #20
zudatron
Rookie

Agreed. It's too finnicky, and subjecting other players to half-ass hacks reduces the quality of the game.

It was a fun experiment but finishing a level was very frustrating, if possible at all. It will be just as good with no fuss once we can officially set reinforcements very high.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > Mega Reinforcement MOD