lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Touching Evil Sign-up
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-10-2004, 10:43 PM   #1
JofaGuht

Touching Evil Sign-up

Sign up for the waiting list of the Touching Evil DVD here whether you like it or not. I don't care if you've never heard of this show, but it's just been cancelled so my only chance of seeing it again is on DVD. If you guys all sign up for the waiting list (which will count as a vote to publish the item) I will give everybody at the forum hugs and kisses. While your at it, search around for some online petitions too.

Why? you ask. Why should I sign up for some DVD of some show I've never heard of? Well, I'll tell you why.

Later when I have a good argument.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Okay, I signed. I think I know how you feel.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 04:34 AM   #3
Sallim
Forumite

Re: Touching Evil Sign-up

Quote:
Originally posted by JofaGuht
I will give everybody at the forum hugs and kisses.
Are you a girl? If yes, you´re welcome ^_^ *searching for a real life *

I signed up

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 05:31 AM   #4
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
Neither I have seen this show nor heard about it, but I signed up because today's a holiday
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #5
JofaGuht

Re: Re: Touching Evil Sign-up

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallim
Are you a girl? If yes, you´re welcome ^_^ *searching for a real life *

I signed up
Thank you.

I am male, but the hugs and kisses shall not be sexually connotative, they will give a sense of security and togetherness, forum companionship and a warm fuzzy feeling inside that is totally NOT gay.

As for everyone else that signed up, let me let you know that the people over at the MI forums would never do this for me. GF fans are all around nicer people.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
El Virus

You're welcome. I don't care about the hugs and kisses though.
By the way what the hell is an MI forum.
(I know it's a stupid question, but...)
EDIT: Hey, sorry for the amazingly-stupid question, I was posting a thread at the Monkey Island forum, and I found out.(I have never played, nor attempted to play Monkey Island, but I found that post interesting.)

Last edited by El Virus; 10-12-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
JofaGuht

Same here. I've only played the fourth MI game, which was supposedly the worse, and that's good because the game was mediocre. But I still post at that forum because of one post, and I'm in so many debates I'll never get out of that place.

The GF forum is my true place.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM   #8
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Okay, you got what you wanted. Happy?

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Old 10-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #9
El Virus

I never thought about playing MI, I don't find it as a nice game, I have played it at my cousin's house, & I didn't like it (Don't Kill Me!!!, It's my opinion, as there are people out there who don't like GF or Freelancer, I didn't like MI)
Besides, I'm a person who doesen't like to buy or play stuff which were great and are considered as classics(although GF was, It wasn't bought by too many people, and I bought it on 1999, so I was one of the first ones in my country, if not one of the only ones!)
Old 10-13-2004, 02:49 PM   #10
JofaGuht

The one worth playing, one created by Schafer (creator of GF) is Full Throttle. Now that's a rompin' badass adventure game.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:04 PM   #11
El Virus

I have heard about Full Throttle, I know the theme of the game, but I have never seen it in stores, so I have never played it, of course. Is it still sold?
Now I know I talk too much about these games and all but I believe these are great games (so of course my favourites):
GF, Freelancer (yes I mentioned it again), Republic The Revolution, Sim city, Tzar, Ghost Recon & Mafia.
(only one of them is adventure but well)
I love them.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #12
JofaGuht

I believe it is still sold at www.lucasarts.com, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by VampireNaomi
Okay, you got what you wanted. Happy?
I am happy you signed up, but I won't get what I want until the DVD comes out. BLAH!

Old 10-14-2004, 01:52 AM   #13
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by JofaGuht

I am happy you signed up, but I won't get what I want until the DVD comes out. BLAH!
Don't worry, it will become available soon. I have the inner eye... or something.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:40 PM   #14
El Virus

They might still sell it, but I live in Argentina, my country's currency is far, far away from the dollar, so it would cost me a lot, besides shipment of course.
By the way what is Touching Evil, a movie, a show, theatre play, what?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:36 PM   #15
JofaGuht

It was (god I hate saying "was") a television show. Now it is the in the depths of the USA channel vaults somewhere. It was a psychodrama, and each episode was amazingly original.

Old 10-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #16
El Virus

Good to know, did it make it to the end or was it cancelled?
I hate when that happens.
I used to watch a show (which you might have heard of) called "Keen Eddie" at Fox, but then I found out it was cancelled, so I never got to know the end of it.
By the way, do you know a show called
"Globe Trekkers", if you do, is it still on, I haven't seen a new episode for a while now.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #17
JofaGuht

It lasted a season (mid-season, we only got twelve episodes) and while its finale gave it some emotional closure, it would have come back after the summer. A couple of month ago before the second season would have been given the go-ahead, the USA network pulled the plug.

It isn't the saddest story of a show's history, but it was a great show. While Firefly (a Fox show) had its episodes shown completely out of order and was cancelled after half a season, DVD did it justice and has gotten the cult statis it deserves. This is why Touching Evil needs to be on a DVD shelf.

I have heard of the shows you've mentioned, although I have never seen them. I doubt they are still on.

Naomi, I believe you mean "Third Eye" or "Intuition". Let's hope you have it.

Old 10-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #18
JofaGuht

It lasted a season (mid-season, we only got twelve episodes) and while its finale gave it some emotional closure, it would have come back after the summer. A couple of month ago before the second season would have been given the go-ahead, the USA network pulled the plug.

It isn't the saddest story of a show's history, but it was a great show. While Firefly (a Fox show) had its episodes shown completely out of order and was cancelled after half a season, DVD did it justice and has gotten the cult statis it deserves. This is why Touching Evil needs to be on a DVD shelf.

I have heard of the shows you've mentioned, although I have never seen them. I doubt they are still on.

Naomi, I believe you mean "Third Eye" or "Intuition". Let's hope you have it.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:02 PM   #19
El Virus

Who knows, maybe the show gets the recognition it should have. Just like GF, it was lost a couple of years ago, but now it has a whole group of followers, people who bought it when it was first realesed (me or you, etc., I suppose), people who heard about and bought it/ awnt to buy it. So it has a lot of chances.
It's a shame you don't know about the show, I'll guess I'll have to search for the main site, still thanks.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:24 AM   #20
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I just noticed that the show was on our local TV too. We just called it "Siniset Enkelit" which means Blue Angels. Weird.

Hey, I just found something! Helpful?

Old 10-16-2004, 04:35 AM   #21
El Virus

Doesen't look like a bad show.
I got the main page of Globe Trekkers, they are still on.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:40 AM   #22
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Yup, I think this show seems quite interesting. The DVD sets behind the link I provided look very fascinating!

Hey... wait a minute! IMDB says that there are at least three "Touching Evil" series! Which one are we talking about here?

Eh, looks like the one I was hyping about is not the one you meant. Sorry.

Old 10-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #23
JofaGuht

Nope, those DVDs are of the UK version, actually te original which I probably should checjk out. But those aren't the exact characters I grew to love.

I love British comedy (Coupling is the BOMB), but I have never gotten into a british drama series.

Old 10-16-2004, 12:47 PM   #24
El Virus

I have watched Coupling once or twice, but I didn't like it too much, though I really love "The Office".
Old 10-16-2004, 07:15 PM   #25
JofaGuht

I think "The Office" is a little overrated, I watched it and chuckled a few times, but the characters are just all obnoxious asses. I can't like them.

Old 10-17-2004, 05:38 AM   #26
El Virus

That is true, it is overreated, but I like to watch it once in a while, I'm not a comedy fan, but I watch some american comedies.

Last edited by El Virus; 10-20-2004 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:40 AM   #27
neon_git

i've been trying to hold my tongue on this thread, but when you start saying that the office is overrated? i shall be silent no more...

well ok i've only actually seen the uk version, but i have to say it is dire. it's a "real and gritty police drama" just like every other real and gritty police drama. there is no hint of anything even closly resemling original. the plots are contrived and the characters, mostly, are unlikable.

it is a police drama by numbers.

but then i don't really like police dramas anyway so i guess i'm not the target audience.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #28
JofaGuht

Neon, you say as I've estimated, which is why I've put back watching the UK version.

The people behind the US version (the Hughs brothers) are true artists of the medium and storytellers. I don't even see the US version as a police drama; it's more like a psychodrama and a character study. From what I've read of the UK version, it looks like the US version really just based it off the characters than off any of the storylines. So remember Neon, you're signing up for the GOOD version that doesn't resemble what you describe.

And I never said the Office is bad, it is kind of funny, and I laughed quite a few times while watching a single episode. Unfortunately, more than one episode doesn't deepen anything, and every character on that show is a real jerk, so I can't grow to like them.

Old 10-19-2004, 06:25 AM   #29
neon_git

i guess i'll have to take your word on it - but i fully accept that there are cirtain people (joss wheadon anyone?)who can make a great show from any concept.

as long as the characters have some real depth and their interactions are intersting and well written, the actual story that their set in doesn't necessarly matter.

as for the office, well i was only teasing anyway really. a lot of people say they like the office when they don't get it at all just to be part of the crowd. i'd much rather people who don't like it (or think it's overrated or whatever) actually said so.

it makes life so much more interesting when we all have different tastes.

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:31 PM   #30
JofaGuht

Yes. It's great we have so many opinions. It's just unfortunate that the majority of them is towards reality TV.

I'm kidding. I definitely believe everybody has their opinion and this is a good thing. Just as much, I believe that it is a healthy thing to argue an opinion. There's nothing wrong with asking someone why they didn't like a certain movie/book/TV show. It makes things a helluva lot more introspective. In fact, the more arguments we have (even if they're random and stupid arguments), the better we get at communicating. Terry Gilliam said in an interview that he isn't interested in someone just "liking" Monty Python, he'd rather talk to either someone who is a complete fanatic and loves it wholeheartedly, or someone who thinks it's absolute rubbish.

And I agree with you that Joss Whedon is probably the deepest explorer of character ever when it comes to tv writing. I'm anxiously waiting for Serenity (the Firefly movie) and, even more, the Illyria spinoff in talks, which may not happen, but its still a great idea.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:59 AM   #31
neon_git

what what what?

what is this "Illyria spinoff" of which you speak? a firefly spinoff?

oh my, i'm salivating with anticipation.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:49 PM   #32
JofaGuht

Serenity is the Firefly film adaptation that we should expect April '05. Read about it here and here

The Illyria spinoff is just "in talks". They say that there is going to be a series of TV movies for Angel and a show about Illyria that we might see '06 or '07.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Touching Evil Sign-up