lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I heard a rumor...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-17-2004, 08:55 AM   #81
Wa22
Banned

you are a very scary person
Wa22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #82
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

You mean bewildering. I am nothing to be afraid of.

Go big or go home.
Nairb Notneb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #83
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Watutu, first:coming back after being banned is a BAD idea.
second: if you find people that enjoy these forums creepy, what are you doing here?
third: why do you keep callin gpeople around here creepy?
fourth: if ýou don't want to find out why you were banned, then why do you return?
fifth: i think you know very well it was the 'movie names' thread that got you banned, in qich you made everyone reply, change the original topic, and then calling them crazy for talking of things supposedly not proposed by you. That was an awefully trollish thing to do, as was the 'Don't read this' thread, and i'm afraid that it is against the forum rules to sign up again after being banned, so i won't be seeing much of you after this. i guess.
Doomie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #84
Wa22
Banned

that movie names thing was funny, you have to admit that at least. Anyway, from now on im going to be attempting to get banned, then i will return and get banned again, just to annoy you doomy

and Siv, Lynk Former, and many others too numerous to mention
mwa ha ha ha

yes, i have no life
Wa22 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #85
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

And why do you want to annoy us, Watutu? It was your own fault that got you banned, and a miracle that you haven't been banned again yet. You can blame it on us, but it really was you.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #86
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

That took longer than I thought it would for him to get banned again. Anyway . . . .

Back to topic.

Changeling hmmm. I doubt it. Zam said she had only been working for a bounty hunter, so she probably never met Tyranus and once caught she started to sing like a canary and started to turn in Jango right away until he killed her with that toxic dart. Pressured any more and she might have spilled all of her guts, she talked to easily to have been involved with anything else.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #87
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Well, Zam isn't the only changeling in the galaxy. Perhaps Dooku had more bounty hunter working for him. Or perhaps it was Sidious, that hired the clones. Afterall, HIS plan was to get control over the clones. Dooku will probably get killed by them, or the republic, and if there's one thing i know about Sith, it's that they don't like to die.

Perhaps he didn't foresee it.

What was the original topic again?
Old 09-20-2004, 10:00 AM   #88
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Original topic, let me check . . . . .

. . . . . It was set up by . . . .

. . . .that Doomie character. . . . . .

. . . . .heard a rumor . . . .

. . . . . Grievous might be made . . . . from part of Maul.

Oh yeah I remember talking about that. I disagree.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #89
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

Let, me guess, you're Watutu?

Good thign i'm ignoring him. Anyway, the topic. Yes, that was a pretty silly idea, but Some Windu guy i believe stated that it was more likely that Sifo-Dyas (The one that supposedly oredered the clones) was, in fact, transformed into General Grievous, wich made a lot of sense to me, but not to others.

Then Watutu and Wa22 and WAtwotwo and Bluethorn (Doesn't he get tired of this?) moved in, and there's about the thread's history in a nutshell.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:21 AM   #90
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

I am only me and no other, I'm not even Sifo-Dyas, nor am I General Grievous. Sifo-Dyas might be GG, it is more likely than half of Maul being GG that's for sure. I still find it hard to believe that its true because I think its a bad story making to have two former Jedi almost die only to have their bodies repaired making them into cyborgs by a Sith making them the "ultimate" bad guy/general, hence Grievous and Vader. I think its bad writing and makes for a dumb story line myself and I just don't like it to be perfectly honest so my view is biased and I am admitting Dan Rather. BUT (dramatic attention getting music plays in background that sounds like this . . . dum dum dum . . .) Sifo-Dyas being "made" into General Grievous by Sidious/Palpatine does fit right into Mr. Lucas' style in this little tale of his. He has typically foretold future events with patterns throughout the story and we can see things repeating themselves often especially when it comes to the Skywalker family and the Jedi. A strong argument can be made that S-D is/was GG (in the flesh) because Tyranus was a Jedi that turned to the dark side. This tells us it is possible for it to happen. If S-D turns into a cyborg, that tells us it is possible. We could see GG early in the movie and his true identity could be revealed as early letting us know that Anakin can be "fixed" the same way GG was when Obi pushes him in the fire pit thus saving him. Ok I think I just convinced myself that GG is S-D, crap! Ok, S-D is GG. I still think its a bad story arc but it is an acceptable movie line tool anyway and GG is a cool character and I can't wait to see him live and in person!!

Go big or go home.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:55 AM   #91
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
General Grievous is...

spoiler:
watto!

ok maybe not

i like the Sifo-Dyas theory, i hadn't thought of that.

but i don't think General Grievous is anyone. just some alien that received the robocop treatment.
Sivy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 08:04 AM   #92
dirsh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sivy
General Grievous is...

spoiler:
watto!

ok maybe not

i like the Sifo-Dyas theory, i hadn't thought of that.

but i don't think General Grievous is anyone. just some alien that received the robocop treatment.
how many times has Watto been banned now anyways. I also agree with the GG thing, although I liked the Vader/GG forshadowing above, it seems like something lucus would do, even if we don't want him to.

Btw anyone else hopping for Jar Jars death in this one as much as I am.....we should make a petition for it.
dirsh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #93
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Yeah, Jar-Jar can go bye-bye. It is his fault that old Palpy became the Emporer and all that. That's some bad bomben.

The more i think about Sifo being Grievous, the more i don't like. Yet another Jedi gone bad. How many now does that make in his movies? If yo count Aura Sing, Duku, Sifo and Anakin that would be four that he's had show up in his movies, granted Aura only stood still for about two seconds but she was there, so three, but still come on man. I mean, writing a script aint like dusting crops boy! You go the wrong way and wam you find yourself in supernova or something. And the more I think about it the more I "feel" that GL is going to go with this story line. If you watch the video on the official website of the making of GG, GL tells his art department when he has them come up with the first sketches of GG that he wants him to be part man part macine but don't recreate Vader. What that means, I don't know read between the lines I guess.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:29 PM   #94
adillon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nairb Notneb
If S-D turns into a cyborg, that tells us it is possible. We could see GG early in the movie and his true identity could be revealed as early letting us know that Anakin can be "fixed" the same way GG was when Obi pushes him in the fire pit thus saving him.
but we already know it's possible, because anakin already has his robotic/mechanical/cybernetic arm ... it not only foreshadows his future physical dependency on such technology, but also foreshadows luke's need for such technology in the OT.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2004, 07:08 AM   #95
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

We know that the mechanical upgrades/fixes to a living being can be done only because we have seen the ending to the story, but if you watch the movies in proper order you have no idea that it can be done. Imagine (if you can) that you have never seen the OT and you have no knowledge of Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker or the Empire. If this were true then you wouldn't know that Anakin was certainly going to turn to the Dark Side and into Darth Vader and then there would be, from a story line's point of view, a need to show you that it is possible for a living being to be a cyborg. This makes Vader's suit believable and possible. Also if in fact that GG is Sifo, then the case being that he retains his Jedi abilities also tells us that Anakin will retain his as well while in his "iron-lung" Vader suit. It is a good foreshadowing tool at least assuming you don't already know the ending to the story which is the way Lucas has made the prequels.

Go big or go home.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:58 AM   #96
adillon

i wasn't referring to vader in the OT, but to anakin in episode 2 when his arm is lopped off by dooku ... so, watching the movies 'in proper order', you'd see well before episodes 4-6 that having technology fully integrated with biology IS possible in the star wars universe.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2004, 04:54 AM   #97
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Well, we see mechanical fixes to biological problems in AoTC on a limited basis, but we don't see them on a grand scale as the case will be when Anakin's entire body is ravaged by fire. However your point is heard and considered. This alone could be enough to let the audience know that an entire mechanical upgrade to ones body is possible, but which is more advanced, Vader's or Grievous? If Grievous is Sifo, or at least has force abilities, does Vader's mechanics allow for more Force sensitivity than Grievous' mechanics because it is the Midichlorians that allow the communications with the force and the machine parts lack of this should dampen this affect.

Go big or go home.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 AM   #98
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

New evidence to support my case! One of the arguments was that Sifo-dyas was dead, and Dooku inpersonated him.

Then why was he so surprised when the clone army attacked them? Was the clone army meant for the CIS?

Wait a minute, that could've been. But then Dooku would've at least realized what happened.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:32 AM   #99
Talor Star
Rookie

maybe syfo-dias is dooku, but he just changed his name to dooku cause when obi-wan tells yoda and mace that syfo ordered and army and says he thought he died, yoda and mace give each other a "look", if you know what I mean. and dooku disapperd for a while then came back, that might be within the ten year space since he died, which was also the space between ep I and ep II

but its unlikey cause dooku was yodas padawan but still calls him dooku and obi wan appears to know him so would know, but its star wars, anything could happen
Talor Star is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 03:37 PM   #100
Vader523
Rookie

The Sifo-Dyas thing has always bugged me. I too wonder why he was so surprised about the attack. One thing I think may have meaning behind it, but I could be digging deaper than I am meant to, is when Dooku says "...you're impossibly outnumbered." Mace says "I don't think so." and Dooku responds with a smirk and says "We'll'' see." Since Dooku knew about the clones and everything, why then would he say something like that? I always wondered if that was foreshadowing the Clone's turn on the Jedi. I thought maybe he was saying the you won this battle, but I win the war sort of thing in saying Jedis woulb be outnumbered by the Clones. I dont see how he couldnt have known about the clones, but its possible he didnt. Just a thing I thought about. I definitely believe there is a Dooku/Sifo-Dyas connection, cant wait to find out what it is.
Vader523 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2004, 05:51 PM   #101
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

This one is easy. Dooku knew the clones were there because he spoke with Sidious about the war starting. He said something about "the war starting as planned master." It was always Palatine's plan to play the clones and separatists armies against each other. He acted surprised to the Confederists and Jedi only because it is all part of the Sith's ruse. He has to be ignorant of the clone army to remain hidden. Remember that at this time the Jedi still have no idea that Dooku has turned to the dark side until much later when Yoda fights him. They still see him as a former Jedi that is a political idealist.

If Grievous is Syfo, then he is yet another fallen Jedi that has been used in Palpatines plan to rule the galaxy. If he isn't GG, then he was probably murdered by Palpatine, or Dooku and was impersonated by Dooku (Tyranus) who then placed an order for the clones because (as I have stated earlier) Jango says he never met anyone named Syfo-Dyas, but that he was hired by a man named Tyranus.

Go big or go home.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #102
Talor Star
Rookie

Does Dooku have a first name and what is he supposed to be count of?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:06 AM   #103
Doomie
Do the Black Mage!

I'll look that up for you, Talor...

Anyway, perhaps this is the reason: (Funny how i answer my own question.)
What if Dooku DID pretend to be Sifo-Dyas, and said he ordered the clones in the 'name of the Jedi Council', Then wiped the planet out of the archives to keep it hidden. He was of course so surprised to see that their clones were now being turned against them.

Could that be possible?

EDIT: about Dooku... His Databank Entry is Dooku, Count. Perhaps Count is his first name.

I mean, i've seen weirder names in starwars...

Last edited by Doomie; 10-07-2004 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:50 AM   #104
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Doomie

EDIT: about Dooku... His Databank Entry is Dooku, Count. Perhaps Count is his first name.

I mean, i've seen weirder names in starwars...
no, count isn't his first name. he's a Count on his home planet

Quote:
His birthright as the Count of Serenno also afforded him incredible wealth, which he used in his political career as Separatist leader
Old 10-08-2004, 04:06 AM   #105
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Doomie
Anyway, perhaps this is the reason: (Funny how i answer my own question.)
What if Dooku DID pretend to be Sifo-Dyas, and said he ordered the clones in the 'name of the Jedi Council', Then wiped the planet out of the archives to keep it hidden. He was of course so surprised to see that their clones were now being turned against them.

Could that be possible?
That was my original theory at first with one exception, Dooku wasn't surprised to see the clones attacking. The clones attacking is exactly what the Sith wanted to happen. The plot to kill Amidalla was just a ploy to get the Jedi involved so that they would "accidentally" find the clones. If they really wanted Amidala dead then why would they use a Bounty Hunter? They are Sith and much better at assassination then any old Bounty Hunter, even Jango Fett. JF was expendable yes, but that is why they used him and Zam, to lure the Jedi to Kamino to "find" the clones to use in the war. Now that the republic had an army the would have to use it and then Palpy could use the clones to create the Empire. He is very crafty that Palpy. Lets break it down.

Palpy is Chancellor. He gets all powers making him dictator of the galaxy. Now he needs an army. The loyalists do not want an army but Palpy needs an army to control the galaxy. He secretly creates one on Kamino and gets the Jedi to think that one of their own has placed an order for them, though they doubt it is a legitimate order, they take the troops anyway because there is now a huge droid army they can't fight. This droid army was also created by Palpy through Dooku and the Separatists. Palpy is playing both sides against the other in order to wipe out the Jedi and rule the Galaxy. Palpy starts the Clone Wars killing allot of Jedi in it, what are left will be killed by his army and little Ani. Who is left to stop him? I know because I read the last chapter. But this topic is about who is General Grievous?

Go big or go home.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:51 AM   #106
Talor Star
Rookie

I guess if your royalty or whatever Dooku is, your don't need a first name

but good show anyways people, good show

Now hes a random question. Palpy has force powers, and was born on naboo, which is in the Republic ( I think, and hope else this question is crap) so when he was born, surely his midichlorine (?) count was detected and he would have been sent off for jedi training. Did this happen? And just how do you become Sith anyways? I doubt they have a lil recruitment tent somewhere
Old 10-11-2004, 04:01 AM   #107
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

If you have a new question, start a new thread instead of mucking up somebody else's thread. I'll be happy to go along with the question when it's posted. Check out this link.

http://www.mindlessforum.org/posting1/

Go big or go home.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:56 AM   #108
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
General Grevious downloaded all his Jedi skills to his own "brain" that's why he's so "good" with a Lightsabre.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #109
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Like Neo on the Matrix? Why not, it could happen. If you go to the data bank about the battle Droids it says that they can down load battle information and things like that so why can’t GG download fighting styles and get enough information about sword fighting that would enable him to use a light saber against a Jedi? ever hear of multi tasking?

Go big or go home.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:29 AM   #110
coupes.
★★★★★

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Nairb Notneb
[...]why can’t GG download fighting styles and get enough information about sword fighting that would enable him to use a light saber against a Jedi? ever hear of multi tasking?
So, you're saying General Grevious is a Mac ?
coupes. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2004, 04:43 AM   #111
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

What I am admitting to is that I don't know for sure and that my "gut" is telling me he is exactly what the StarWars.com data bank says; an unknown, non-humanoid life form that is part machine, uses light sabers and blasters as weapons and works for the Confederation. Anything else is mere speculation at this point based on rumor, imagination and my own desires.

This is going to be long so I apologize now. I'm sorry.

That is option number one and what I believe is the most likely. This thread was originally about a rumor that Grievous might be Darth Maul being resurrected Anakin to Darth Vader style in a bionic/cyborg way. My initial thought was that that was impossible based on the fact that George Lucas said in TPM DVD commentary that the reason he had Obi Wan sever Maul in two was so because he knew that people would want Maul to return and that people would concoct ways of that happening, so he cut him to prevent this from happening. GL did not want Maul to return and stated that Maul would never return. Thus I jumped to the conclusion that Maul can not be GG because George said so. Well, that was almost two movies ago and after seeing how Mr. Lucas can change his mind and make slight changes to his movies (even after they have been out for over 20 years and re-released) I have realized that he can change his mind about one characters return in an effort to please the crowd in the last movie ever.

After seeing this link:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2004...s20040803.html

And seeing that George had commissioned the concept of a half Maul half battle droid character (obvious from the drawing shown) the idea that Grievous could be Maul is a real possibility. If one were to watch the online video documentary of the making of Grievous, it nowhere states the origins of GG, but of course it doesn't that would give away to much of the movie. George does say there to his concept people to be careful not to recreate Darth Vader, meaning that Grievous and Vader will have many similarities, if not only in the fact that they are both half machine and half life form.

Who is Sifo-Dyas? Is he Grievous? Possibly. It is possible that Maul was SD at one time and that he is yet another fallen Jedi. But why then didn't Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan recognize him while they fought him on Naboo? This might be a stretch. This could be the real explanation of Maul's tattoos, they are a disguise. In AOTC, the Kaminos said that Sifo-Dyas was a leading member of the Jedi Council. If he was then Qui-Gon surely would have recognized his presence right? But at that time the Dark Side was becoming very powerful and the Jedi had no idea that Palpatine was a Sith, or that the clone army existed, or that Dooku had turned to the Dark Side. If Maul was SD, and then turned to the Dark Side as Darth Maul, it would fit Palpatine's later pattern of recruiting wayward Jedi, the likes of Dooku and Anakin. And Just because the Kamino asked if Sifo-Dyas was still a member of the council doesn't mean that he ever was a member of the council, she thought the Jedi had really ordered the clones. Sifo-Dyas' sudden "death" could be explained by his conversion to the Dark Side, and Obi Wan seemed to not have ever really known who he was. If SD was on the council then OW would have known SD.

I think that it is very possible that Darth Maul used to be Sifo Dyas but fell to the Dark side by the influence of Palpatine. Palpatine somehow rescued him with the help of Wat Tambor of the Techno Union and reconstructed him as General Grievous.

The problem that I have with all of this story line is that it is difficult to believe for the average viewer. That's why my gut tells me it probably isn't true. The problem I have with Grievous just being Grievous is seeing a non Force user using light sabers, it just doesn't "feel" right, its wrong and I think that's why we want Grievous to "be" somebody else so badly.

I apologize for the length of this post.

Nairb

Go big or go home.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:58 AM   #112
Sivy
coming soon

Forum Veteran 
Maul certainly isn't Sifo-Dyas. and he isn't Grievous either.

maul had yellow surrounded by red irises and round black pupils. grievous has yellow irises and cat-like oval pupils.
maul had normal humanoid skin, (although it was red). from what you can see from the tissue surrounding grievous's eyes, he has lizard-like scales.
plus if he is darth maul then he would still be a sith, thus breaking the 2 sith rule.

i don't think we'll find out who Grievous was. it will be one of the mysteries of star wars.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:08 AM   #113
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
i don't think we'll find out who Grievous was. it will be one of the mysteries of star wars.
It will be nice to have some left.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2004, 09:55 AM   #114
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Quote:

Originally posted by Prime
Quote:
It will be nice to have some left.

I agree. Thus why my gut tells me Grievous is only Grievous even if I can rationalize it in my head. As for his eyes, the differences can be explained by robotic implants. As for the skin, how much of it is real and not synthetic material used in the healing process or used so that his brain can communicate with his droid body.

If you look at Anakin's skin when Luke takes his mask off in ROTJ, it looks different from the way it looks in AOTC. Time and massive injuries can do strange things to your skin I'm sure.

If I had my druthers I would have Grievous just be Grievous. If Grievous is to have an alter ego then please let it only be Sifo-Dyas and not Darth Maul. Let sleeping dogs lie, even if they are some of the best villains ever.

Go big or go home.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > I heard a rumor...