lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: List Your Tips & Tricks
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2004, 06:54 AM   #41
beard
Rookie

Tips & Tricks:

1. Speeder Bikes. Play "single player" or make your own server & practice with them. Probably one of the most underrated vehicles in the game. Ramming/gunning (jousting) with the speeder bike can get high kill numbers and once you get good, you shouldn't die because it will be to hard for anyone to hit you.

2. If you get in any vehicle, do yourself a favor and be a pilot. Also, dont be afraid to repair your ship.

3. That said, one of the most underrated classes is an imperial or rebel pilot.

4. Hoth - Imperial side. Cover the AT-AT with the AT-STs. Get 2 or 3 shock troops there as well, and you greatly improve your odds to win. Fail to do that, galavant off solo like jackasses and watch your team be picked apart by the speeders. This seems intuitive, but no one ever does it.

-Beard-
beard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #42
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
Jet Trooper's weapon, any anti-vehicle weapon (baZooka) and any vehicle.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #43
SpacemanChi34
Lurker

Defending AT-ATs

What I've found for defending your AT-ATs is when they spawn, they usually spawn 2 at a time. You need at least 2 of them for this to work. When you get 2 of them, keep them extremely close together, that way, the Rebel Speeders can't take them down with their tow cables. The group I was playing with tonight did it and we dominated because we wiped out all of the ground troups who were defenseless with the ineffectiveness of the speeders.
SpacemanChi34 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #44
Son_of_the_Sith
Rookie

Post Strats

My newbie strategies...

Tatooine Mos Eisley-When using the republic try flying to the roof of the hangar (To surprise em from above duhh).

Tatooine Dune Sea-Climb or fly (Whatever...:P) to the top of the arc to attack (Again...from above).

Endor-To destroy the bunker (At the Beginning of the game) take a sniper and grab a speeder bike then head to the bunker by the
right side of the map...then Snipe them from behind the bunker...
hidden from behind a tree and release your recon droid then head
into the bunker and release an orbital strike.
Note:to Get another Recon Droid just wait till there is nobody in the bunker and head to their power droid...then...just go up again...:P.

Rhen Var Citadel-Grab a jet trooper and fly (From the watch) to the right outpost and enter by the roof...then head down and conquer the outpost swiftly.

Rhen Var Harbor-If you wanna conquer the fortress (Using Republic) fly to a rear window at the end of the harbor (Instead of entering through the main entrance) and claim it (Again swift and painless...:P).

Bespin Platforms-Grab a vehicle and land at the enemy's outpost roof then go down and claim it (In order to spawn behind them).

Got strats?

"I forsee the end of canibalisim...the man is disgusted of itself" -Me-
Son_of_the_Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 12:53 PM   #45
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Gotta be on colsole, because PC doesn't need that.
I think so too, Haven't found a "auto aim" in PC-version.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2004, 03:41 PM   #46
Darth W Bush
Rookie

Arrow little dark trooper tip

when your enemies are standing on a platform above you, jump straight into the air throw them a nade, and land again. (nade works better than shotgun IME). I've seen bots do this in Kashyyyk docks...

[force-sensitive droid]
Darth W Bush is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2004, 01:13 AM   #47
mrflippy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by beard
Tips & Tricks:

1. Speeder Bikes. Play "single player" or make your own server & practice with them. Probably one of the most underrated vehicles in the game. Ramming/gunning (jousting) with the speeder bike can get high kill numbers and once you get good, you shouldn't die because it will be to hard for anyone to hit you.
Also keep in mind that a single mine will destroy a speeder bike.
mrflippy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Strategy > List Your Tips & Tricks