lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Opinion about Weapons&Units
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-21-2004, 05:07 PM   #41
Pho3nix
#rekt

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by =[GKZ]=Blazin
Umm??? im retarted. could tell me u how you cant change waapnins????
uhm, I really don't know what u're talking about...? maybe you should learn some english before subscribing to english speaking forums

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2004, 05:45 PM   #42
=[GKZ]=Blazin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by vcdstroyr
This is just like Team Fortess. There were classes and you couldn't pick up weapons. Eventually everyone got good at one class...I couldn't master the rocket jump but I was pretty good with the sniper rifle. The point is to work as a team. But if you want the benefit of a sniper and a soldier...why not just use the soldier and zoom in? Granted you don't get the distance but you have the firepower to defend yourself in close encouters. Thats where the balance comes in. You can zoom in with all the weapons. USE THE ZOOM!!!
yah i still agree with the class thing, but it would be handy if u could pick up other guns on the ground too.

Blazin
<Security Council Head> =[Godly KnightZ]=

"Remember, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decient sniper rifle."
==// My Battlefront Stats \\==
The Godly KnightZ web site
=[GKZ]=Blazin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2004, 06:29 PM   #43
=[GKZ]=Blazin
Rookie

Quote:
This is just like Team Fortess. There were classes and you couldn't pick up weapons. Eventually everyone got good at one class...I couldn't master the rocket jump but I was pretty good with the sniper rifle. The point is to work as a team. But if you want the benefit of a sniper and a soldier...why not just use the soldier and zoom in? Granted you don't get the distance but you have the firepower to defend yourself in close encouters. Thats where the balance comes in. You can zoom in with all the weapons. USE THE ZOOM!!!
yah i still agree with the class thing, but it would be handy if u could pick up other guns on the ground too.

Blazin

"Remember, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decient sniper rifle."
Old 10-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #44
Ghost-7117
Rookie

i think that the best way to fix the weapon problem was already used in halo. for example if i wanted to trade in my 1st primary weapon i kill the guy i who has that weapon and i drop my 1st primary to take his. that way you dont have a ton of weapons to cycle through and your not out gunning everyone else...still would be cool if ya could duel wield the pistols

I am the Black mage! I cast the spells that make the peoples fall down!
-black mage 8-bit theater
Ghost-7117 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #45
Mountainforest
<insert high rank here>

Quote:
zooming is fine, but as soon you start shooting over large distances with a DC-15 blaster rifle you'll note that they aren't that good sniper rifles at all, because there aren't exactly very precise.
Obviously snipers can zoom in further then other troops, and the laser ire of troops is to slow and doens't enough damage to instantly kill someone at great distance.

How many have you sniped with an assault rifle?

Minister of Outer Rim Garrison, a Dutch multigame clan
Website - Forums - Email
Mountainforest is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 AM   #46
Vagabond
LFN Staff Emeritus

Cool Guy

I tend to agree with the opinion of, what appears to be, the majority of older members posting in this thread. And that is, in order for the class system to make any sense, then there needs to be something to differentiate them. If you can have whatever weapon you want, then we may as well just have team death match, and be done with it. Personally, I don't think that would be as much fun.

The classes force you, as a player, to make choices. You can't have it all, so you need to decide what's more important for the map at hand. Are there speeders or vehicles that you plan to use on this map? Then maybe you want to be a pilot for this map. Or, if the other team has vehicles and you don't, then maybe you need to be a class with a rocket launcher. Is this map focused mainly on close-quaters combat? Then you'll want to be a soldier. Is this map without vehicles, but combat at long range? Then perhaps a sniper is in order.

Don't you see what would happen if people could pick up whatever weapons they wanted? People would either kill themselves, or have their buddy kill them, then respawn as a different class, and pick up their dropped weapons. The result is that everyone would pretty much be the same, and that's what's not fun.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
Vagabond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #47
Marklar
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by DogGy
Ey! the rebel pilots cannon isn't useless.
You only don't know how to be good with it.
The Rebel Pilot is my new favorite class... that shotgun thing will kill most people in one hit if you are close enough.
Marklar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 01:49 AM   #48
Tepanna
Rookie

The reason with a TEAM game is that everybody has their tasks.
In BF1942 it worked to change weapons because you changed the class too. In Battlefront that wouldn't work because the classes are too different. That's what I like about this game.

Yes, I'm a n00b. But atleast I can spell Wookiee right:P
Tepanna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 03:59 PM   #49
SwordFish95
Lurker

Each class should have a small variety of weapon sets to choose from, like in Battlefield Vietnam. Most of the weapons in Star Wars Battlefront are blaster this and blaster that...just different rate of fire and color.

Things I'd like to see:

E-Web Repeating Blaster a tripod mounted blaster that needs to be set-up to use.

Beacon a deployable beacon used to call for assistance which can be seen by anybody on the player's team

...begun, the clone wars have...

Now let's give 'em hell!!!

[ Check out new website: http://swordfish138.tripod.com/index.html ]
SwordFish95 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 04:46 PM   #50
=[GKZ]=Blazin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mountainforest
zooming is fine, but as soon you start shooting over large distances with a DC-15 blaster rifle you'll note that they aren't that good sniper rifles at all, because there aren't exactly very precise.
Obviously snipers can zoom in further then other troops, and the laser ire of troops is to slow and doens't enough damage to instantly kill someone at great distance.

How many have you sniped with an assault rifle?
Well, i donno about you guys but i've sniped a great many enemies with a blaster rifle.

my fav has to be the rebel one next would have to be the clone trooperz.

If u know how to lead them right you'll can kill anything in your range.

Blazin

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Opinion about Weapons&Units