lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars Galaxies : Jump to Lightspeed
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #1
cbonar
Lurker

Question Star Wars Galaxies : Jump to Lightspeed

Hi everybody.

I'm a long tradition player of Star Wars space sims (xwing, xvt/bop, xwa), and I tried myself to Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) with some friends.
Although the advertisment pictures were awsome, the game itself was very disapointing : the only thing people care is for their stats, and earning points by killing monsters. This results in a very poor world, completely off the original universe.

Now that I have stopped my account, they release the new extension : Jump to Lightspeed, which seems in fact to be XWing Alliance evolved and integrated into the roleplaying game.
What do you think of it ? Until now, I've not been disapointed by sw space sims, and this seems really the future of the genre : get off your vehicle and land to a planet ... what a liberty ! (though you have to let your vehicle at a orbiting station and there is no transition for the landing, in JTLS).
cbonar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 2. Star Wars > SW Games > Star Wars Galaxies : Jump to Lightspeed