lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Demo!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-31-2004, 04:13 PM   #41
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
It's one of the best game mods I've ever played. Congratulations to everyone on the team for their dedication and all the hard work to see it through to this point.

I can say that I did experience some 'static' in the game - until I remembered to turn off 'environmental effects' on my sound card. This is outside of the game - I've always experienced the static problem with JA, for some reason. Gladly when I sorted that out, I didn't experience any other sound problems. So for other people having some 'static' issues - it's not enough to disable EAX in the game if you have environmental audio effects enabled under Windows.

I do feel the cut scenes could have been a higher visual quality - there were some really noticeable compression artefacts in some scenes (Mon Mothma becomes very obscure in the cut scene with Kyle) - but I do understand issues around file sizes and trying to get the best framerate on screen.

Anyway...the revisualisation of this old classic brought a tear to my eye. You guys are pros.

*applaudes*
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 09:09 AM   #42
Fracman

Heh StormHammer, you forgot that you also have added some stuff... the nice briefing drawings of Mon Mothma and Jan
Thank you a lot for them !!!
I tried to have the JA models talking there like in the JA post briefings, but it simply not worked, all i could see were ghosts with no eyes and no mice
(plural form for mouth is... mouths? )

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net

DFMOD Demo for JA released !!!
Fracman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 06:58 PM   #43
jedispy

Current Game: Metroid Prime 2
Demo #2

Maybe I'm retarded but I can't get it to work. It gets to the mission debriefing with Mon Mothma, and then it just quits.

This is what I get:
Main menu trying to select skill level

Level 1 debriefing

It gets stuck at this point, and doesn't continue any further.

Anyone else having this problem? I am fully patched and good to go.

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Click to read the latest SOTE MOD news

Last edited by jedispy; 11-01-2004 at 07:44 PM.
jedispy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #44
ImmolatedYoda

To jedispy: use the DFMOD shortcut, do NOT try to load the mod through Jedi Academy. That should fix your problem, as I'm sure you're experiencing exactly what others have already said.

Okay, for brevity's sake:

Personal Computers > Consoles.
ImmolatedYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 09:16 PM   #45
MikeGunther1969
Rookie

Location: 5 Miles north of the Preppie-Snobbotorium called Annapolis, MD
yeah, um........what uh......he said

"Every time my fingers touch brain, I'm the guns of the navarone...I'm superfly TNT..."

- Jules Winfield , Pulp Fiction
MikeGunther1969 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 12:36 AM   #46
StormHammer
Fallen Jedi

10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Fracman
Heh StormHammer, you forgot that you also have added some stuff... the nice briefing drawings of Mon Mothma and Jan
Thank you a lot for them !!!
)
Nah, I didn't forget. I'm just a very tiny cog in the machine.

Hopefully my health won't keep interfering with what I want to do.
StormHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 06:21 AM   #47
merlinuk1
Lurker

where to go in Anoat

Thanks to those providing the demo. It really brings back memories and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm on the anoat level. I've operated all four switches in the main switch room and been through all corresponding gates and sewers,etc. but I'm really not sure where to go next. I suspect the differences between the demo and the original will mean the original's walkthrough will no longer apply. Which is fine. So, any hints would be greatly appreciated.

I originally tried posting this as a new thread, but it seemed to disappear into hyperspace or somewhere - only accessible via my profile. Someone replied saying they'd had similar problems and just "noclipped" to the next floor but didn't say from where or in what direction. So I'm trying this as a reply in an existing thread.in the hope of reaching more people. Thanks in advance
merlinuk1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 07:27 AM   #48
jedispy

Current Game: Metroid Prime 2
O.k. I got it to work now. Unfortunately I had to go to work (stupid work!!!)

So I will drool in front of it later. Looks awesome so far guys.

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Click to read the latest SOTE MOD news
jedispy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 02:58 PM   #49
Darth_Linux

Re: where to go in Anoat

Quote:
Originally posted by merlinuk1
Thanks to those providing the demo. It really brings back memories and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm on the anoat level. I've operated all four switches in the main switch room and been through all corresponding gates and sewers,etc. but I'm really not sure where to go next. I suspect the differences between the demo and the original will mean the original's walkthrough will no longer apply. Which is fine. So, any hints would be greatly appreciated.

I originally tried posting this as a new thread, but it seemed to disappear into hyperspace or somewhere - only accessible via my profile. Someone replied saying they'd had similar problems and just "noclipped" to the next floor but didn't say from where or in what direction. So I'm trying this as a reply in an existing thread.in the hope of reaching more people. Thanks in advance
remember, the switches form a puzzle, so it's not enough just to "turn them on". They must be turned on in a certain order . . .

Producer - The Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/
Darth_Linux is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Dark Forces Mod > Demo!!!