lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Idea
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-13-2004, 06:52 AM   #1
JadenKorr41
Lurker

Post Idea

hi guys, I'm new to this forum and stuff so what's up everyone?

I play multiplayer alot and ever since i downloaded this dark forces mod, i gotta say one thing....IT'S THE BEST MOD AND SINGLE PLAYER LEVEL I'VE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!

Well what i like to do is like do d_npcfreeze 1 and go on noclip and just add more npcs here and there to add more of a challenge. and add some rebel troopers here and there for some fun like as if a battle was going on outside. I can spawn npcs in the Secret Base but I can't spawn any for the Talay base. I just that it would be cool if there was like a battle at the Talay base even though all was destroyed. When i spawn some npcs, it kicks me out of the game saying, Error:g_entittes something like that. So how can I fix that up or something? or maybe for your final version you could add more enemy npcs like here and there. Provide an even greater challenge. Well that's basically it. THE BEST MOD I"VE EVER PLAYED!!!! I know that since I'm not good at making maps and scrips for JKA this isn't my place to speak so if you don't like what I'm saying, you can disregard everything that I said.

~Jaden-Korr~

_| /-\ ]) E |\|-|< O /2 /2
JadenKorr41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
The_One
The Dude Abides

I may be mistaken, but I think we hit our entity limit in Talay...

Dark Forces: A Mod for Jedi Academy
Webmaster

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
The_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #3
MikeGunther1969
Rookie

Location: 5 Miles north of the Preppie-Snobbotorium called Annapolis, MD
Rebels in Talay

In keeping with the story, there isn't anyone left alive in Talay. It was an all-out massacre/slaughter of Rebel forces by the Empire, as well as a test of the Dark Trooper. For this reason, there are no Rebels left, only the fried skeletons of the Rebeltroops ala EP4 Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Anyone care to back me up on this?

"Every time my fingers touch brain, I'm the guns of the navarone...I'm superfly TNT..."

- Jules Winfield , Pulp Fiction
MikeGunther1969 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #4
Neverhoodian
If I may make a point...

Yeah, having survivors would probably lessen the impact of the level. The Dark Troopers are supposed to be nearly unstoppable juggernauts, not simply a stronger stormtrooper. Besides, my four year old computer probably couldn't handle any more detail for Talay!

Dark Forces Total Conversion-http://darkforces.jediknight.net
Relive the classic that started it all!
Open Jedi Project-http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=542
Working to expand the JA experience!
Neverhoodian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 06:16 PM   #5
ImmolatedYoda

Well maybe you could put some Rebels in a hold-out somewhere, like a secret. Entity limit allowing, that is. Speaking of secrets, I have to boot the demo up again sometime to see if I can find the Jawa...he is in Talay, right?

Okay, for brevity's sake:

Personal Computers > Consoles.
ImmolatedYoda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 07:14 PM   #6
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Yeah, we're stuck with the given max limit given for gentities. The only way to get the number down would be to more efficently pack in the map entities.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2004, 08:41 PM   #7
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Also if you do to playermodel cheat you'll get the entities error.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2004, 12:56 AM   #8
Fracman

You can spawn "more" stuff in after you have eliminated some Imps...

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net

DFMOD Demo for JA released !!!
Fracman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2004, 05:37 AM   #9
JadenKorr41
Lurker

thanks, but I tried that killing all the enemies units but it still hit the entity limit if i spawn some. I didn't even do any cheat codes for force or lightsabers. It worked when i spawned more in the Secret Base but on the Talay Base one it wouldn't let me do much. Well since there's nothing I can do about it I'm just suggesting maybe you could add some emplaced_gun around you know to probably make it look like a rebel base and maybe a hangar with some destroyed x-wings, and other vehicles or maybe some atsts and such. Same as for the secret base like a hangar to explore around. AT-STs around. Of course for both levels, more npcs!! the more enemies like stormtroopers and commandos the merrier for me. Like maybe double the npcs That's just my suggestion. Well if you don't like them then please disregard everything that I said.

~Jaden-Korr~

PS: peace

_| /-\ ]) E |\|-|< O /2 /2
JadenKorr41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #10
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

You don't just have to kill the NPCs, you have to let their bodies disappear.

The problem is that there's a limit on the maximum possible number of entities (lights, door switches, NPCs, etc) on the map.

Talay is literally very close to that limit due to the number of lights required to do the effect of having the city's generator on/offline.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Dark Forces Mod > Idea