lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: New Inventory
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
Poocho
Lurker

New Inventory

In KOTOR 1, you could go to your Inventory screen after pressing start and sort until you pulled up a list of all your newly-acquired items. This was nice, since you could quickly check the info. on everything you got from that downed enemy, plasteel container, tattered backpack, etc.

However, I can't seem to find a similar list in KOTOR 2. The Inventory screen filters the inventory into several different sections, but New Items doesn't appear.

Does this feature no longer appear in KOTOR 2 (I would hate to have to scroll through my list of hundreds of items by the end of the game to find the new item I'm looking for), or is there simply a button I need to push to pull it up. Judging with my experience related to the "Files" thread currently on the board, this could be the case.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Just my thoughts,
Poocho

Vi et armis
Poocho is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
Poocho
Lurker

Okay, it seems the feature doesn't exist. Looks like I'm in store for a lot of scrolling through hundreds of items just to find the description of the armor I just found in that footlocker.

So, if any of those on the inside are willing to comment, is there any chance such an important inclusion will be available as downloadable content?

Thanks for the help,
Poocho

Vi et armis
Old 12-14-2004, 01:13 AM   #3
Faquid
Lurker

I know what you mean, and I hate it to but all new items have a gellow background insted of a green one, so it is a little bitt easier but not as good as the firts game
Faquid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2004, 01:39 AM   #4
Blessèd Sith

I found that too, but the inventory is separated better: looking for your new items is easier if you specify which list its in. Before, it was everything mixed up . . . so this way is better, though a separate "new" list would have been nice. However, how the groupings are now set up, I dunno how viable that would be . . .

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.”
- Darth Bane

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
Blessèd Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2004, 09:09 PM   #5
Poocho
Lurker

While the groups they have now are nice, didn't they have them in the first game? In whatever case, I rarely if ever used them. But I very frequently and almost solely used the New Items list. In fact, my usual routine was to open the container, take all the itms, press Start, cycled to Inventory, pressed X once to get to New Items, read through each description, pressed X 5 times to get to whatever group was right before New Items, and resumed game. Seems tedious, but most of it took only a few seconds after doing it hundreds of times.

Most item descriptions I could simply read on the Equipping screen. The only things I remember actually trying to find so I can read it are some of the useable items such as medpacs and stims so I could remember what they did.

Believe me, I'm not trying to be critical, but I hope this problem doesn't add to the so far slowness of the game. I haven't played much--I just recently got to Citadel Station and explored the Cantina--but the story has seemed to pick up only within the last hour or two. We'll see.

Well, I just lost any brownie points I may have started with with Obsidion (sp?) . . . .

Just my thoughts,
Poocho

Vi et armis
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > Ebon Hawk's Machine Room > New Inventory