lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Same Old Stuttering Problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-10-2004, 04:27 AM   #1
gnome
Rookie

Same Old Stuttering Problem

I've looked through the entire forum and yet nobody seems to have successfully solved the stuttering sound issue in Grim Fandango yet. Please could somebody address this?

I am running the game on XP, and have tried with various launchers, both windowed and not. This is driving me nuts, so please help.

(PS: I am not particularly computer-literate, so instructions in basic English would be welcomed.)
gnome is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2004, 04:30 AM   #2
gnome
Rookie

By The Way...

By the way, my PC (and everything in it- graphics and sound cards, for instance) more than meet the requirements for the game. It's a fast machine, and I also have the patch installed. I have tried every solution in the 'READ THIS FIRST' post also.

Last edited by gnome; 12-10-2004 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:39 AM   #3
gnome
Rookie

Sound Fixed, Now Further Problems

Well I fixed the sound by simply increasing performance with my audio. However, this appears to have created graphical issues now, because although the sound functions perfectly I am now getting jumps and stutters with the graphics. Again, any help would be appreciated.

PS: This is only occurring in cutscenes, if that makes any difference.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #4
getaaron
Lurker

I can usually get it to not stutter for about 5 minutes by turning off the music. How were you able to "increase performance with [your] audio"?

Have you tried changing around the 3D rendering mode since you fixed the sound?
getaaron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #5
getaaron
Lurker

Also...I just found a suggestion that I hadn't seen anywhere else which you might have missed. Have you tried turning off hyperthreading in your BIOS?
getaaron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Same Old Stuttering Problem