lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Could somebody do me a favour?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-30-2004, 11:28 PM   #1
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Could somebody do me a favour?

As some of you may know, I post my stories on a site called Fanfiction.net. Okay, I have now written a Broken Sword story, but there is no category for that game at the site.

That is not a problem as members can suggest new categories and that is what I plan to do.

However, the instructions to do this are on the site's knowledgebase, which in turn can be found at their help feature. For over a week now I have been unable to access this feature for a reason unknown to me.

So, could you please go to Fanfiction.net and choose "Help" from the menu in the upper right corner? Are you able to access the knowledgebase, or do you get an error message?

This would be really helpful as I am starting to get frustrated.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
CapNColostomy
Custom User Title

I got this: "ERROR: Invalid License Key (Time Period Expired)" Sorry.

CapNColostomy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Darn. That is exatly what I get too. The funny thing is that in order to report that bug I would have to get their e-mail... which is at the knowledgebase!

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Old 12-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #4
JofaGuht

I'm on FicPress. I wasn't much for Fanfiction...but of course I've sold out now that I'm on a Whedonverse Virtual Series.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2004, 10:58 PM   #5
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Really? Do you still have stories up on Fictionpress? I'd love to take a look. And just what is Whedonverse Virtual Series?

EDIT: Just visited the site. Turns out the help feature has been offline for a while now because they are working on a new version of the site. Hmph. You know, perhaps they should have told about that a little earlier?

Old 01-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
JofaGuht

Here's my account. They're all pretty abstract tales, and I've almost abandoned the Isaac Poject.

The "Whedonverse" is a term for the fictional universe of monsters and demons that Joss Whedon's shows Buffy and Angel took place. A Virtual Series is an online thing where a group of people release a teleplay once a week online. Thus I have sold out to the evil goddess of FanFiction by joining the writing team of a Virtual Series that takes place in the Whedonverse.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 01:09 PM   #7
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
Hi,

I used the archive tool from http://web.archive.org, and in March 2004, the help link pointed to this page:

http://www.fanfiction.net/help.php

And that page is still there. It says:

Quote:
General Help: support@fanfiction.net

New Category Suggestions: newcategory@fanfiction.net (please describe the category, which area it falls under, and whether you have stories written for it)

Report Plagiarism: Use the "abuse alert" feature on the bottom of story pages and please provide full proof (link/references to original text/author) in the abuse description.

Misc Abuse: reportabuse@fanfiction.net

Support Services: services@fanfiction.net
That might be an old email adress, but you could try it. Also, sorry if my reply is too late - i haven't been on her in a few days...

Quote:
Here's my account. They're all pretty abstract tales, and I've almost abandoned the Isaac Poject.
Heehee, Isaac project

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Wow, JofaGuht... Your writing is really, really deep. You strike me as a person who likes to explore the psychological layers of human mind and stuff like that. If I was familiar with Buffy or Angel I would definitely dig your stuff.

And James Isaac, thanks! That might be an old e-mail, but it doesn't matter. I think I will wait until they get the site running properly again and do my suggestion after that.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:48 AM   #9
JofaGuht

Woo! Compliments and Lovin's! Always fun. Being paved an intellectual when you're trully just pretentious? Even funner.

And there's no time like the present to get caught up on your lack-of-good-show-watching.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > Could somebody do me a favour?