lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Updates Wont Install
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-16-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
PyROphantasie
Lurker

Exclamation Updates Wont Install

i recently got a new harddrive, i had swb on my old hard drive with updates installed and everything, never had a problem with it, but when i re-installed swb and downloaded the updates i came to a problem, the updates wont fully install! it get part way there and then i get a message saying "unknown error" and it wont let me play the game without installing the updates, i've tried re-installing the game many times, downloading the updates again, all i could think of, but none of it is working, anyone know of a way to solve this problem?

PyROphantasie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
horseflesh

Unhappy

I've had SWB running fine for a while with the 1.11 patch (Jabbas Palace). After downloading the 1.2 patch I find I also have this installation problem. When I double click the installer it says "copying files" the bar gets to just before half way and the message "unknown error" appears, and the installer quits.
Like PyROphantasie, I have also tried reinstalling the game, but it still wont work.
This is the fourth time I have downloaded the patch (from different sources) and it makes no difference.

Where am I going wrong ?

"Don't call it techno unless you know what techno is, buy some sh1t from Detroit and you'll find out"
horseflesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
horseflesh

Smile

I've managed to get it installed and it works fine. As far as I can see, the only difference was the location from where I DL'ed the patch. I DL'ed from filefronts US server, and not the European server, took me twice as long, as I am in UK, and BINGO !, it worked.
I don't know if this will fix your problem PyROphantasie as I don't know where you DL'ed from.

"Don't call it techno unless you know what techno is, buy some sh1t from Detroit and you'll find out"
horseflesh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Technical Help > Updates Wont Install