lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Time to Take Action!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
Stryker412
Rookie

Time to Take Action!!

I got another response from Pandemic (Thanks Chris) about the current state of Remote admin tools and linux support:

"At present you have the tools to do these things but not from within the game so if you don't have another computer to host from that sits next to you, or to remote access the real server from you can't do much. I know of no plans at present to ever address these issues so if you want them addressed take over the Lucasarts message boards with posts telling them what you want and don't stop hassling them on a daily basis until they support it or at least address it publicly."

Chris Fusco
Developer
Pandemic Studios

Please spam the HELL out of this thread:
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.j...=18107&start=0

I'll see if I can dig up a LA e-mail. This is highly unacceptable.

Stryker412 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 05:52 AM   #2
Kramerika

Exclamation

For any server administrators who have not weighed in on these threads, we need your help?! We need to make our collective voices heard, and the more who speak out, the greater the chance that they will take notice. Help to keep these threads on top until we get satisfaction of some acknowledgement and progress on the issue.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.j...21215&tstart=0

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.j...18107&tstart=0

Kramerika
-------------------------------
The Outlaws of Sherwood Forest
-------------------------------
A community, not a clan!
Kramerika is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
frayedends
Rookie

I gave up on this game over 2 months ago. Just stopped in here to see if anything had ever been done about issues, and I see the same things I saw 2 months ago.

It's pointless. LA will not listen or consider any player or server admin related requests. They never have, never will. The ONLY way is thru Pandemic's project director/manager, if they have the balls to go to LA and tell them what they need to do - but that depends on if the request has an ROI they can justify, so my guess is the answer is "NO" as long as they continue to sell copies of the game.

And for those of you who are hoping the NEXT LA game will have the things that are needed - fat chance. They're a marketing company that is out of touch with the gaming community, and is currently focused on providing games to 'user-fee' based systems such as console gaming, and MMORPG's.

See you all in another 2 months!

Michigan Burbs Public Gaming - www.michiganburbs.com
BF1942 - BF:Vietnam - RTCW-Enemy Territory - Jedi Academy
Upcoming: SW:Battlefront (cancelled) - Battlefield2 (Spring 2005)
frayedends is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Server Administration > Time to Take Action!!