lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Your Ghoul2 Instance has no model!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #1
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Your Ghoul2 Instance has no model!

Has anyone encountered the "Your Ghoul2 Instance has no model!" on maps with vehicles? I'm running my OJP server in server side only mode and this problem is making all the clients crash.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Wudan
Got Balance?

Sounds like maybe your ghoul2 instance has no model.

Are you loading gla's server side for which no models are using? I'm pretty sure that I can be of no use here

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

No, it's just the vehicles and only vehicles that aren't being controlled by NPCs, (like an AI controlled ATST). I think it's due to differences between the default and OJP systems for the vehicles but I haven't locked it down yet.

Old 01-30-2005, 03:40 AM   #4
Scarlett

That'll happen if you run the trap_G2API_InitGhoul2Model func with an invalid model path name, or if there's just something wrong with the model for some reason. In JA's codebase, the ghoul2 instance is still valid even if that happens for some dumbass reason.. it wasn't like that in JKII's. So it may be getting by some failsafe checks in your code. To keep that from happening, make sure to use the trap_G2_HaveWeGhoul2Models func in your checks - it'll return 'false' if the specified instance doesn't have any models (just incase the name doesn't make that apparent enough already ).
Scarlett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Thanks for the info Scarlet. I was already able to figure out the error but your comments are correct. It looks like some of the vehicle code doesn't have the failsafe checking that it should have.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Coding > Your Ghoul2 Instance has no model!