lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Losing items when viewing inventory
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Anti-Deity
Lurker
 
Anti-Deity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Corner of a circular room.
Posts: 6
Question Losing items when viewing inventory

While playing KotoR, I lose 1 item every time I view my inventory. This doesn't happen automatically. I have to of entered a firefight, check my NPC party member's inventory, or some other action before this starts to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum.
Anti-Deity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey
 
Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: A House
Posts: 4,043
Current Game: SWTOR
any mods installed?


"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2005, 05:54 AM   #3
Anti-Deity
Lurker
 
Anti-Deity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Corner of a circular room.
Posts: 6
I have no mods installed, and only installed the game a week ago. I did run the 1.03 patch, but the problem occured before and after I applied the patch.
Anti-Deity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
maybe you should clean out your override folder....


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #5
Darth333
Administraterror
 
Darth333's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: In my secret dungeon...
Posts: 8,292
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
maybe you should clean out your override folder....
He just said he has no mods installed...

First time I hear of this problem
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #6
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
did you UPDATE the patch on the Game,Configere,Update,Exit screen?


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #7
Anti-Deity
Lurker
 
Anti-Deity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Corner of a circular room.
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
did you UPDATE the patch on the Game,Configere,Update,Exit screen?
I learned long ago not to trust any programs autoupdaters. I manually downloaded the update from here (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR.htm) and installed it.

I also didn't use the built in updater because I am still on dialup at home. It is much easier to download files at my college then bring them home.
Anti-Deity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
so you didn't hit the Update buton at the screen?


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #9
Anti-Deity
Lurker
 
Anti-Deity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Corner of a circular room.
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
so you didn't hit the Update buton at the screen?
No I did not.
Anti-Deity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #10
MarKomus
Rookie
 
MarKomus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 26
Re: Losing items when viewing inventory

Quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Deity
While playing KotoR, I lose 1 item every time I view my inventory. This doesn't happen automatically. I have to of entered a firefight, check my NPC party member's inventory, or some other action before this starts to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum.
Try this: Find a bunch of items and don't check your inventory screen until you have found several items. Then switch to your inventory screen. New items should appear in purple (at this point, most all of them). Now switch back and forth between game screen and inventory. Are the items disappearing? If they all disappear, then congradulations: you have your inventory display stuck on "Show New Items." Once a new item is viewed, it disappears back into the wood work.

At the bottom of the inventory screen, on the right, is a button to toggle to different ways of displaying your inventory (Usable Items, Equippable Items, All Items, Quest Items, etc.). When you click that button, a different way of listing should appear and some of them should be in blue.
MarKomus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #11
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
to make the Update work you have to hit the Update button on the screen not just install it...then your problem with the items hopefully will be gone


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #12
Anti-Deity
Lurker
 
Anti-Deity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Corner of a circular room.
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
to make the Update work you have to hit the Update button on the screen not just install it...then your problem with the items hopefully will be gone
I hit the Update button, and the only thing it reported back to me was update the Update button. I ran it again, and I was told there were no available updates, nor at any time did it state it was installing or finishing up the previously installed update.

Quote:
Originally posted by MarKomus
Try this: Find a bunch of items and don't check your inventory screen until you have found several items. Then switch to your inventory screen. New items should appear in purple (at this point, most all of them). Now switch back and forth between game screen and inventory. Are the items disappearing? If they all disappear, then congradulations: you have your inventory display stuck on "Show New Items." Once a new item is viewed, it disappears back into the wood work.

At the bottom of the inventory screen, on the right, is a button to toggle to different ways of displaying your inventory (Usable Items, Equippable Items, All Items, Quest Items, etc.). When you click that button, a different way of listing should appear and some of them should be in blue.
I just realized yesterday there were multiple ways to filter the inventory. I believe you are right, but I will try this anyways and report back.

Thanks again everyone.
Anti-Deity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2005, 02:43 AM   #13
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
no thanks :glad to help you out


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #14
Anti-Deity
Lurker
 
Anti-Deity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Corner of a circular room.
Posts: 6
Yep, I'm an idiot. That was it. Now back to Kashyyyk.
Anti-Deity is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > Losing items when viewing inventory

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.