lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What now/But how?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-31-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
PulpedFiction
Lurker

What now/But how?

Ok, so basically I've done everything that needs to be done in year three. So far I've abstained from using any kind of help and I'm pretty happy. Now I'm officially stuck. As I said, everything has been done, I've gotten out of the locked room with the fake tickets, and done all the junk with the crane that I can figure out. I've been stuck for a week and finally gave in and used a walkthrough. Now, apparrently I'm meant to lift the boat or do somethng with the chain...yet I can't work anyhting out and for some reason when I try to go down to Glottis Manny just walks back up, happens every time. Please don't say I need to do the whole game again...please?

And then I said...
PulpedFiction is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
Shuz

So the boat is still hanging on to the cliff? What you have to do is make sure the conveyor belt is moving the direction away from the crane, then drop the chain so it lands on the conveyor belt and is carried along. Then reverse the direction of the conveyor blet so the chain bunches up and hooks on to the anchor. After that just go back to crane and pull the chain back up.

Oh and it's normal for Manny to walk back up automatically, that area is not important.
Shuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
PulpedFiction
Lurker

Ok, I feel like an idiot...
I've done what you said, but the chain just slips past the anchor. Any hints as to what I might be missing s'il vous plaît?

And then I said...
PulpedFiction is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
Tall Guy
Est. 1985

you might wanna try putting something on the end of the chain...

(I think thats right, its been a looong time since I played )

Tall Guy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #5
keithyp
Lurker

Has the chain slid past the anchor at the end of the belt? I think you have to try dropping and lifting the chain a couple of times to make something happen... but it's some time since I did that bit

Good luck!!
keithyp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > What now/But how?