lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What would you like to see in the first (ok, how about the Second) PC patch?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-24-2005, 06:01 PM   #41
Nokill
Veteran

yes your right

but i think the best thing will be making Droids in MP
and some siege gametype woud be nice to have 2 bases and man turrets to defend them

Site: Clicky
Nokill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #42
tommygunner

yea i would like turrets and vehicles... but that would mean much bigger maps... and droids!!!

The Dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.

It always wins because it is everywhere.

It is in the wood that burns in your fireplace, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair, your table and your bed.

Walk in the Mid day sun, and it is under the soles of your feet.

The Brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Join the Dark, do not resist yourself.

xfire-tommygunner
aim-tommygunner311 or tph1121
tommygunner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 PM   #43
Boba Tea
Rookie

Personally, I hope to see helmet HUDs in MP, a couple extra maps, and for god's sake at least one vehicle(perhaps a Warthog-ish skiff?)

And also, I want to be able to do takedowns. Wouldn't it be awesome to press a hotkey in the heat of battle, switching to third-person and doing one of those brutal finishing moves? Of course, it'll never happen...

Coming Soon!
Boba Tea is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 04:07 AM   #44
Nokill
Veteran

i think it woud also be a nice idear to put healing comrads in MP
then you can do a respawn time of 30 sec or so and you are forced to work in teams or else your all goners

but ill yust be glad whit some nice server tools if its not to mutch askt

Old 03-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #45
Oidar
Rookie

Something I thought I just came accross.

Quote:
Computer Games - Are there any plans to release new content and/or mod tools for Republic Commando after its release?

Chris Williams - Yes. We will be releasing additional content and the tools the MOD community needs to create their own content roughly a month after the game ships.

What do you suppose Chris meant when he said this
"We will be releasing additional content".

Could we be looking at some additional maps, multiplayer characters(droids and wookiees)more sp features in mp?

With the JK mod tools extra content didn't have to be released for them to work, no extra maps or anything like that. So what do you think the additional content will be?
Oidar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2005, 12:45 AM   #46
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Oidar
Something I thought I just came accross.

What do you suppose Chris meant when he said this
"We will be releasing additional content".

Could we be looking at some additional maps, multiplayer characters(droids and wookiees)more sp features in mp?

With the JK mod tools extra content didn't have to be released for them to work, no extra maps or anything like that. So what do you think the additional content will be?
Maybe I misread your post, but JK2 and JA both had extra maps released by the dev team for free, alongside the patch(es) and mod tools. Sure you could make some basic mods because it was the Quake3 engine, but without specialized tools there were problems.

Still, for JA they never released a new version of JKRadient I'm told, you just used the latest version of Gtk Radient (I never did mapping for those games so I apologize if I got that wrong).

I don't know if it's the case with all Unreal engine tools that they work with RC, but I've heard that people have tried to use currently released versions of UnrealEd and it crashes with this game.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2005, 04:36 AM   #47
Deth Metal
Rookie

That is correct, NONE of the currently available tools for use with the UE engine (even some that aren't exactly legal) will work with RC, I just tried them last night and no dice.
Deth Metal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2005, 08:25 AM   #48
Nokill
Veteran

to bad woud be nice to have some lucasarts guy here telling us how far thay are whit this stuf

Old 03-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #49
Oidar
Rookie

well I was looking at it from this angle.

When LA released patches and additional levels for JO/JA they were just for the game. They also released the mod tools which you didn't need to have anything other than the game installed, none of the new maps and stuff, to use them.

So this would lead one to think that were getting a patch/additional content along with the mod tools we've been waiting for. I'm curious what the additional content will be. I emailed LA to ask them and got no reply. Its been 3days so I'm not exptecting an answer on this.

This also had me thinking if they knew they were going to release extra content after the games release would that be why the wookiees and droids weren't inclued as playable factions in multiplayer.

Also,
Deth Metal. I tried using all the known UT editing tools with RC and none of them work. I got a couple unsupported tools and the best I've beenable to do with those is extract a couple static meshs from a couple of the files. Nothing that would allow for any modding.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:45 PM   #50
Commando_Iblis
Rookie

It probably can't be done as a patch, but the ability to pick up Droid Blasters might be fun. The Regular Battle Droids just used handheld blasters, it didn't make sense not to be able to use them (Especially when Sen. Amidala used them in the movie). Of course the DC17M is superior, but being able to use the enemy's ammo against him would be nice.
Commando_Iblis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2005, 07:07 PM   #51
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
Quote:
Its been 3days so I'm not exptecting an answer on this.
Uh. Then you obviously ahve no idea how long you're expected to wait. Don't you release that LA gets hundreds of e-mails each day?

Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2005, 08:54 PM   #52
Oidar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Uh. Then you obviously ahve no idea how long you're expected to wait. Don't you release that LA gets hundreds of e-mails each day?
I've never had to wait more than 24hrs for a reply from them regarding a tech support issue.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:16 PM   #53
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
well I was looking at it from this angle.

When LA released patches and additional levels for JO/JA they were just for the game. They also released the mod tools which you didn't need to have anything other than the game installed, none of the new maps and stuff, to use them.

So this would lead one to think that were getting a patch/additional content along with the mod tools we've been waiting for. I'm curious what the additional content will be. I emailed LA to ask them and got no reply. Its been 3days so I'm not exptecting an answer on this.
I still don't quite get what you're saying. Do you mean that you would NEED these new maps in order to make other new maps?

Do you mean the mod tools would be packaged WITH the new maps?

Or did you mean something else? As far as Mod tools are concerned I figure a model editor (or importer program to use it with existing model builders), a map editor (variation of UnrealEd), texture importer/converter (if one is needed) and partial SDK (probably just MP) for coding. UT games use a UMod utility for packing the installer files for mods, so that would probably need to be released too, or created (otherwise installing mods could still be done, just a bit more tedius).

"New Content" could mean anything really, but I figure it probably means a few new MP maps. If we get lucky it will be more than that, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 04-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #54
Oidar at Work
Lurker

lol what i'm saying is this, from what was quoted it seems were going to be getting two releases. An extra content release and a mod tools release.
Packaged togeather maybe?

Its april 1st so I don't know if we should put faith in the fact they would be releasing anything today....although, we are at the "1 month after the games release" point.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Oidar at Work is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2005, 01:09 AM   #55
Oidar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by deathpendragon
i think 4 teh first patch just give all the admin commands AT LEAST! like /amsleep that way ppl cant mvoe or cant b harmed teher just stationary. or /amslap 2 make em fly then die....also /ampunish 2 make em float and not b able 2 talk...then definitely /kick (player name or #) and /ban (player name or #) and type /players 4 teh players #'s and only peeps who run teh serevr an use it unless teh owner sets an RCON pass liek in halo
ugh, sleep? punish? slap?
come on, last thing we need are admin tools with stuff like that.
Kick and ban is all you need. The rest of those are a complete waste of code.

That post has to be a joke.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:38 AM   #56
Kurgan
Headhunter

Quote:
ugh, sleep? punish? slap?
come on, last thing we need are admin tools with stuff like that.
Kick and ban is all you need. The rest of those are a complete waste of code.

That post has to be a joke.
Maybe he's in a different time zone and that was his April Fool's day post? I certainly hope so.

Anyway, an opinion is an opinion, but I think the wisest course of action would simply to include the same kind of admin options that UT2k4 had (or JA had out of box for that matter). Lacking these basic functions makes adminning a server virtually impossible. If yelling at people doesn't work, your only option is to ignore them or close the server. That's simply unacceptable.

We've now figured out how to change maps in the console, but we can't change game modes, so still there is a lot lacking.

These slap/sleep/slay things never belong in a game, period. That's why they're always created by some amateur mod maker and not the game developers themselves. So I wouldn't worry about those things appearing from LucasArts, but I am wondering when this patch is going to come out, since it's now been a month since the game was out, and I think it deserves an official patch).

Old 04-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #57
Oidar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by deathpendragon
well it wud b fun cuz its like in Jedi Academy then but kick and ban r just fine 2. or at least b able 2 kill them if ther doing bad
Nope, see an admin isn't suppose to "exact revenge" cause someone does something stupid. You warn them, then kick them if they do it again. If they keep coming back just ban them.
Killing someone cause they do something stupid or wrong is the noob way of admining a server.

Worst thing ever put into ja admin tools were those useless commands. Now everyone that doesn't have a clue how a server should be admined thinks they need those commands.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #58
BeBop
Rookie

Yeah I don't see all that much point in those tools. I mean if your going to 'punish' someone by holding them in place...what's the point. If you don't want them there, kick them instead of having them take up a connection slot while not doing anything.

Tackle Cuddle!
BeBop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #59
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Let's not be feeding the troll here...
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2005, 01:37 AM   #60
Falmarin

how about a suitable ending to an otherwise great game?
Falmarin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2005, 07:37 AM   #61
Kurgan
Headhunter

Agreed, these guys are just trolling. Everybody knows how annoying it is to hear about the "goodness" of admin mods so they're just trying to start a fight.

*loads shells into ban gun*

Anyway, I guess we've got our "tools" now and our "new content" so I wonder if we're going to get a "patch" soon?

Or maybe a second patch with actual bug fixes? That is unless they pulled a fast one (patch is dated april 1st in the readme) and fixed some bugs without telling us...

Better than nothing, but still!

Time to edit the thread title...

Old 04-07-2005, 08:36 AM   #62
deathpendragon
Lurker

i wasnt screwing aroudn or kidding the only reason i mentioned those ones 4 me was cuz i got used 2 them in jedi academy
deathpendragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #63
BeBop
Rookie

I don't think this should be called a patch. After all it doesn't patch up any bugs. Just some new content. Interesting observation about the April 1st thing though... But would LA really do that?

Tackle Cuddle!
BeBop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #64
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut

Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
I doubt they would. If they were going to fix stuff, they would tell us so we can stop complaining. And if it was an April Fools thing, I would think it kills the joke to never tell us. Its April 7 now after all.

And in the second patch, I would like to see bug fixes.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > What would you like to see in the first (ok, how about the Second) PC patch?