lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tutorial--How to apply paint scheme's with Droid Armors.
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Tutorial--How to apply paint scheme's with Droid Armors.

Original Thread

Well this has been along time coming. This will be a multi-part segment breaking down the entire process to make it easy for everybody.

PART 1: editing your Baseitems.2da file

The first 2 sets of columns you will want to change are "modeltype" and "partenvmap" as these are rather simple. The default value is "0" you want to change this to "1".

The next field you can change I believe is more optional. I don't recall there being any difference when I changed them but it just made more sense to have a default value that is not "I_Null". The field I am refering to is the "defaultmodel" field. I changed each line to the default icon for it's item type.

Here are a before and after screenie of the above 3 changes.

Before
After

The final field to change if the "bodyvar" field. The default value is "****". We need to change it to an apropriate "modeltype" column in "appearance.2da"(This will be covered in Part 2 editing appearance.2da). For the purposes of my original mod and this tutorial we will keep it simple I changed the "bodyvar" value too "B" for light droid armor, too "C" for medium droid armor, and "D" for heavy droid armor.

You can refer to the following screenshots for these changes to compare.

Before
After

So it is rather simple for the changes in baseitems.2da. The Next segment will be editing your appearance.2da file. I do hope this will be helpful to anybody planning to make use of this type of mod.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin

Last edited by T7nowhere; 05-06-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Tutorials: General Tutorials + Tools > Tutorial--How to apply paint scheme's with Droid Armors.