lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: LipSynchEditor beta
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-11-2005, 04:58 AM   #1
JdNoa
Rookie

Notable contributor 
LipSynchEditor beta

I posted a beta version of the lipsynch editor we're using on PCGameMods, in case anybody else might find it useful.

It's Java-based and requires JRE1.5. (Theoretically it should run under 1.4.2, but one of the Swing components seems to cause spontaneous crashes in 1.4.2.)

Basically it lets you open, modify, and save .lip files. You can copy/paste entries between files and delete time slices. I find it useful for updating a .lip file after modifying a sound file (cutting a word out, etc.).

There's also a description of a somewhat convoluted method of generating a new .lip file from a .wav sound file and a text transcription. (Extra download of a toolkit required, link included in the readme). The results aren't perfect, but it's faster than creating a new .lip by hand.

Feel free to post questions/comments/bug reports/whatever, but updates to this are going to be a fairly low priority for me until our mod project is complete.

Source code is included.

Last edited by Darth333; 09-15-2005 at 09:01 PM.
JdNoa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2005, 05:50 AM   #2
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Sounds like a very handy utility JdNoa! Nice work!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Nice, I'll definitely use this tool. Thanks for sharing.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Toys!!

Saw this over at PCGM this morning and dowloaded it before I knew what it could do.. hehehe..

I guess I'm obligated to make a .lip file just to test this puppy out

Looks great!

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
brwarner
Rookie

Is it also compatible with kotor 1 or is there another version by someone else for that.

As T3-M4 once said:
"BeeBeep BlopBeeBeeBop....Weeeeooo"
Dont you agree?:
brwarner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
JdNoa
Rookie

Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwarner
Is it also compatible with kotor 1 or is there another version by someone else for that.
I looked briefly at some K1 lipsynch files when I was working on this, and I *think* they're the same format, so that it should work. But I never actually tested with K1. So... I think so, but I'm not sure.
JdNoa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #7
Darth Varkor
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdNoa View Post
I posted a beta version of the lipsynch editor we're using on PCGameMods, in case anybody else might find it useful.

It's Java-based and requires JRE1.5. (Theoretically it should run under 1.4.2, but one of the Swing components seems to cause spontaneous crashes in 1.4.2.)

Basically it lets you open, modify, and save .lip files. You can copy/paste entries between files and delete time slices. I find it useful for updating a .lip file after modifying a sound file (cutting a word out, etc.).

There's also a description of a somewhat convoluted method of generating a new .lip file from a .wav sound file and a text transcription. (Extra download of a toolkit required, link included in the readme). The results aren't perfect, but it's faster than creating a new .lip by hand.

Feel free to post questions/comments/bug reports/whatever, but updates to this are going to be a fairly low priority for me until our mod project is complete.

Source code is included.

So basically does this allow you to make the Exiles lips move?
Darth Varkor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > LipSynchEditor beta