lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Admin on Non-Dedicated Server
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-31-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
DS_Malak
Rookie

Arrow Admin on Non-Dedicated Server

Is it possible to be able to get admin login when you create a non-dedicated server JA+ 2.3, from inside the game. I host a lot of those for my clan, so I can play to, but I'm always without admin, which makes it sorta choppy in ways. Admin gives more fun to the server, especialy with your friends and clan members.

If you know how, could you run me through the exact steps, that would be so helpful!

Thanks.

Malak

DS_Malak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
DS_Malak
Rookie

Oh, and can someone also inform me, if I can get admin for the non-dedicated server, will I be able to spawn NPC's?

BTW - Whenever I try to get into admin for my non-dedicated, it always says Bad Password! and the pass I use, is the one in the server.cfg, even though I know that is for a dedicated.

DS_Malak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2005, 03:02 AM   #3
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
You don't need JA+ to admin your server, dedicated or otherwise.

JA+ is just a mod. Jedi Academy has "rcon" (remote control) admin access built in, just like all Q3 engine games.

\rconpassword "yourpasswordhere" (set in the server.cfg file that the server starts with)

\rcon <command>

That's all it is! Lists of commands are posted all over the place.

Now on a NON dedicated server you don't need the \rcon part. Since you're already logged in, you just type the commands:

\<command>

All the commands are the same you just don't need to type "rcon" first.

Simple. Yet many people don't understand it. And they think JA+ is required! Rcon is as simple, if not more simple than JA+ to use. Good luck!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2005, 04:03 AM   #4
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_Malak
Admin gives more fun to the server
...I don't see how that could be true considering what most people do with JA+ admin powers.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I guess this just further demonstrates that many people are mininformed... they think that "admin mods" are required to be an admin.

Seriously though and no offense to the post starter... if you have questions about JA+ ask Slider on the JA+ forums. But if you have adminning questions everything you need is posted in the Dedicated Servers forum, just read the stickies and the older posts. It's all here for you.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Dedicated Server > Admin on Non-Dedicated Server